Legacy to Toyota

Oh, you are talking about the Hendrick re-do, and development freeze year....what was that '21? Nobody stopped US from doing anything.....WE were playing fair.
The rice burners were losing and you were crying real tears lol.

Joey Cohen said on NASCAR Radio that the new Camry had very good speed. I like. LFG.

I love how Legacy has been on NASCAR Radio several times this offseason. So fun to learn about the new Toyota team......builds anticipation. Dave Elena is on soon. Great stuff.

Was listening to Eric Jones on Sirius yesterday and he said while they have top level support from Toyota as far as data they have no technical alliance with any team. Guess they can't afford the JGR price?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Was listening to Eric Jones on Sirius yesterday and he said while they have top level support from Toyota as far as data they have no technical alliance with any team. Guess they can't afford the JGR price?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
I’m pretty sure Jimmie and Maury have said they’ve intended for it to be that way from the beginning. They were third-tier at Chevy and had to get information through the alliance with RCR and didn’t care much for it, and wanted to establish the next relationship direct with TRD.

“Our move is going to produce the ability to stand alone. One of things we talked to (Toyota officials) was, we wanted to stand alone. We wanted to be our own team. Historically, most of the teams in Toyota have Gibbs as their technical partner.

“We want a direct relationship with Toyota at this point and we built this up to do that.”

While the exact specifics are yet to be worked out, with its new relationship with Toyota, LMC will receive the same engines as the JGR and 23XI teams and receive data directly from Toyota Racing Development.

well, duh, they did this months ago. Sold out Joe is no longer the middleman for either team.
What do you mean by middleman. 23XI has an affiliation with JGR. Legacy has no affiliation, and gets the same TRD access as JGR. Quit playing with words when you don't know what you are talking about.

^As I understand it, 23XI has equal access as well, but with JGR data as well.

Will legacy have their own pit crews this year or will they still be renting from the preacher?

PLANO, Texas (October 30, 2020) – Toyota is pleased to announce their support of the new NASCAR Cup Series team 23XI Racing, which is co-owned by NBA legend Michael Jordan and current NASCAR Cup Series championship contender Denny Hamlin. 23XI Racing will make its debut in the 2021 Daytona 500 with Bubba Wallace behind the wheel of the No. 23 Toyota Camry.
Not much left for sold out Joe. Engines, tech, data and tech assistance.
The partnership with Toyota Motor North America (TMNA) includes support from Toyota Racing Development, U.S.A. (TRD), who will build the team’s engines and provide technology, data and technical assistance.
This was written in 2020. Teams purchase chassis from a vendor now. Other services? Hamlin has said publicly they were going to get their own pit crews. So far ol' Joe hasn't sniped one of their crews yet like he already has with Legacy so it appears Hamlin isn't playing..
The Toyota relationship will also incorporate an agreement with Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) to allow 23XI Racing to purchase chassis and other services

PLANO, Texas (October 30, 2020) – Toyota is pleased to announce their support of the new NASCAR Cup Series team 23XI Racing, which is co-owned by NBA legend Michael Jordan and current NASCAR Cup Series championship contender Denny Hamlin. 23XI Racing will make its debut in the 2021 Daytona 500 with Bubba Wallace behind the wheel of the No. 23 Toyota Camry.
Not much left for sold out Joe. Engines, tech, data and tech assistance.
The partnership with Toyota Motor North America (TMNA) includes support from Toyota Racing Development, U.S.A. (TRD), who will build the team’s engines and provide technology, data and technical assistance.
This was written in 2020. Teams purchase chassis from a vendor now. Other services? Hamlin has said publicly they were going to get their own pit crews. So far ol' Joe hasn't sniped one of their crews yet like he already has with Legacy so it appears Hamlin isn't playing..
The Toyota relationship will also incorporate an agreement with Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) to allow 23XI Racing to purchase chassis and other services

You are much smarter than this.....JGR notes might be pretty valuable I would think....certainly worth the price of admission....but you go kid with that 2020 press release.

You are much smarter than this.....JGR notes might be pretty valuable I would think....certainly worth the price of admission....but you go kid with that 2020 press release.
Yeah I figured I would get the pigeon thing. No matter how good the evidence is, the pigeon ****s all over it and declares victory. lol. Have a nice day.

Like sold out Joe is going to share anything. He sabotaged any team that was affiliated with him. Be careful falling off the turnip truck.

Like sold out Joe is going to share anything. He sabotaged any team that was affiliated with him. Be careful falling off the turnip truck.
Getting smokey in here. Sabotage? Outstanding! Truex did win a championship with that affiliation. You go kid.

No thanks to Joe Gibbs and he never has won again since he left Barney. Wake up sleepy.
Never been close, right? Not competitive in the least, right? You must be writing a Netflix series or something. You are legend.

I expect Erik Jones to be 16th-20th in points all season & JHN to struggle (1 top 5, 4-6 top 10s) and run 25th-28th in points with occasional flashes like Preece at certain races.

Don’t expect Johnson to finish/run any better than 24th either.

I expect Erik Jones to be 16th-20th in points all season & JHN to struggle (1 top 5, 4-6 top 10s) and run 25th-28th in points with occasional flashes like Preece at certain races.

Don’t expect Johnson to finish/run any better than 24th either.
Break out year for Jones. Write it down.

Back
Top Bottom