Missing Jimmy...

Dragonlady424 quote ["NASCAR has suggested to many, many people that some drivers cut back to partial schedules." ]

This was hashed over on another thread and the result is the same. The writer of the article, Patty Kay, is quoting from an article written by Lee Spencer, an individual incapable of presenting information in a factual manner. NASCAR has NEVER, EVER, said they want to get rid of the "oldies".

Lee Spencer's article leaves too many unanswered questions and too much doubt to be considered valid. One comment Spencer made insinuated NASCAR filled the field with "wannabes" and unsponsored teams.

This statement is accurate but written to discredit NASCAR for doing so. Any team that can pass inspection and qualify is eledgible to compete and the lack of sponsorship is not the fault of NASCAR. NASCAR has an entity within the corporation that tries to secure sponsorship for race teams and in this effort, match monies available from potential sponsors to teams and thier needs.

What standard would NASCAR use to turn down unsponsored teams ??? And if they were to establish a formula, it would be possibly be discriminatory.

If Patty Kay has the ability to be a real journalist (not a hack like Marty Snider or Lee Spencer) she would do her homework and ask the right questions. She chooses instead to write quotes with no facts and avoided the five establihshed and time worn principles of journalism; who, when, where , what and why.

Until she gains those disciplines, she is no better than Lee Spencer.

Whizzer, you could be right; but Rusty has been quoted twice or three times now as making the statement and I just don't really know what to believe. I DO feel NASCAR could in all probability sat some such stupid things. God knows they have gone off with half a brain before.
They are very inconsistant with violations and assessed penalties from week to week, and even during the same race. Soooooooooooooooooo, all I am saying is it is "possible" that they, NASCAR, did indeed make the statement to Rusty.

Originally posted by dragonlady424@Mar 18 2004, 12:27 AM
Whizzer, you could be right; but Rusty has been quoted twice or three times now as making the statement and I just don't really know what to believe. I DO feel NASCAR could in all probability sat some such stupid things. God knows they have gone off with half a brain before.
They are very inconsistant with violations and assessed penalties from week to week, and even during the same race. Soooooooooooooooooo, all I am saying is it is "possible" that they, NASCAR, did indeed make the statement to Rusty.
At one time NASCAR was guilty of being unfair in the way they administered the rules. Some may not agree with every decision NASCAR makes but in the past two or three years, NASCAR has been consistent.
Granted some of the newer rules need tweeking, such as the yellow line rule , the free pass and the caution flag rule. But once the unforseen deficiencies are ironed out, my bet is the regulations will be enforced fairly for ALL drivers and teams.

As for the statement about Rusty's comment of being asked about retirement, there are a multitude of questions still unanswered.
Why was this topic ever brought up ???
Who brought it up??
And for what purpose??
Who are the drivers singled out ???
If that were the case why were they singled out??
What representative(s) of NASCAR made these comments ??
And in what context ??
Were teams involved in this too or just drivers ??
Why would they try to single out specific drivers ??

See, there are a lot of questions. And no answers. Rusty making the statement and failing to follow up with the answers to questions is like John Kerry saying he has foreign leaders backing his presidential bid without naming them.
I am inclined to believe .........IF........ this subject were approached, it was possibly a question asked of Rusty if he were thinking of going part-time or retiring, creating a situation similar to Bill Elliott's current one. This is different than asking him to get out of the series. It becomes a valid inquiry made of a high profile driver.

NASCAR ain't always right, but in the past five years they have come a looooooooonnnnnnng way from where they were in earlier years. Most major sports haven't come that far in fifty years.

Originally posted by Whizzer@Mar 18 2004, 09:48 AM
At one time NASCAR was guilty of being unfair in the way they administered the rules.
For validation of this statement, see Scott, Wendell. Remember that one whizz?

I miss Jimmy too. Perhaps Childress could replace a few of his drivers and make room for Spencer.

Well Jimmy wrecks fewer people than Johnny! :D I wouldn't mind seeing a change in RCR with Jimmy in the mix!! :D

I think Dale and Jimmy had their differences on the track (both pretty aggressive and with similar driving styles, that would be something expected)........but I really don't think Jimmy disliked Dale Earnhardt. Besides, a ride's a ride.....I believe that would be a minor obstacle to overcome!! :)

But, you're probably right..........Robby's pretty secure in the Cingular car, and Kevin ain't going anywhere soon. And I doubt AOL would jump on Jimmy's wagon..........they are too much into the young 'uns.

Originally posted by EatMorePossum+Mar 18 2004, 03:28 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EatMorePossum @ Mar 18 2004, 03:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Whizzer@Mar 18 2004, 09:48 AM
At one time NASCAR was guilty of being unfair in the way they administered the rules.
For validation of this statement, see Scott, Wendell. Remember that one whizz? [/b][/quote]
The Wendell Scott deal sure is remembered. It was a shame NASCAR handled the win the way they did.

The inconsistency in adminstrating the rules by NASCAR is not something they should be proud of.

The Wendell Scott incident was one of many inexcusable and flagrant efforts by NASCAR until recent years. It is no woonder fans have a less than unsuspicioned opinion, but many who complain of inconsistency were not even fans or in some cases, born, at the time many of these controvesial decisions were made.

I wonder if the track ever replaced the trophy Wendell Scott was told had been stolen by an unknown party after the win at Jacksonville??
Does anyone know???
Where are Hardscrabble or boB when you need them??? Maybe Luke57 knows the answer.

Originally posted by muggle not@Mar 18 2004, 10:41 PM
I miss Jimmy too. Perhaps Childress could replace a few of his drivers and make room for Spencer.
Thinking of yak yak again muggle not? :lol: :lol:

"The inconsistency in adminstrating the rules by NASCAR is not something they should be proud of."

Perfectly said.

Unfortunatley, Scott's case was only one of the more visible and identifiable of these instances. Although it will be ridiculed and dismissed, the same exact thing goes on today. Maybe to a lesser extent, but still happening.

Originally posted by 24thunder+Mar 19 2004, 07:53 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (24thunder @ Mar 19 2004, 07:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--muggle not@Mar 18 2004, 10:41 PM
Thinking of yak yak again muggle not? :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: :cheers:I don't know about muggle, but I sure as hell was!

Back
Top Bottom