NASCAR America on NBCSN

Kelli Stavast wears normal clothes. And she's not a bright blonde haired girl. And she wasn't acting like the perky girl at the bar that wants all the guys to hit on her. She's an actual journalist there to do a job.

I hope FOX Sports 1 is taking notes.

NBC flat out gets it. Glad to have them back. First five minutes of this program and I can just tell it's so much better than Fox. Can't wait to see their coverage next year.

Also agree about Burton, doing a great job.

Very nice job for the first time out. Will be watching to see if the quality is maintained, but there is hope for good NASCAR reporting on TV!

Loving it so far. Will get better as the year goes on. NBC seems fully committed to Nascar.

too short is my only complaint, needs to be an hour during racing season, or a half hour pared with another hour of motorsports news.

too short is my only complaint, needs to be an hour during racing season, or a half hour pared with another hour of motorsports news.

I'm hoping it's extended next year when they pick up NASCAR. But if they extend it, they run the risk of having to use silly fluff filler like FOX Sports 1 does with Race Hub. NASCAR America kept my attention. Race Hub is amateur hour fluff.

I'm hoping it's extended next year when they pick up NASCAR. But if they extend it, they run the risk of having to use silly fluff filler like FOX Sports 1 does with Race Hub. NASCAR America kept my attention. Race Hub is amateur hour fluff.

yep, who wants to watch a nightly prerace show. keep it informative only

I missed it today but i just set my dvr to start recording it tomorrow.

Fox1 is lazy/cheap. Plenty of stories out there, but they chose to show last year's Speed re-runs and dress them up and feed them to us. After all, we are dumb Nascar fans.

Had forgotten about NBC getting the races for next year. Would hope that this show will get only stronger as they (NBC) work to build up viewership leading in to the '15 season.

After watching the show tonight, I came away with a few things, one is that NBC seems to be taking this serious, which on side note is because NASCAR is going to be one of their main anchors if you will for NBCSN, I have a feeling for the first few years, they are going to the treat NASCAR like how E$PN treats the NFL, with respect. My second thought is that it was way more professional then FS1 right now, while I do like all the on air people on FS1, they really do cheese the **** out covering NASCAR, I would have to say that even though I have this utter disgust for anything E$PN, NASCAR Now blows away FS1 and Race Hub.

I guess I have a third thought, FS1 has grade a on air people, that have been around and or a part of NASCAR longer then I have been alive, they have the professionalism , but FS1 is as whole, does not, now, looking at the line up for NBC's on air staff for 2015 , leaves a lot to be desired for me to be honest, it seems that they spent all their money on the rights and are now trying to scrape together the broadcast team.

After watching the show tonight, I came away with a few things, one is that NBC seems to be taking this serious, which on side note is because NASCAR is going to be one of their main anchors if you will for NBCSN, I have a feeling for the first few years, they are going to the treat NASCAR like how E$PN treats the NFL, with respect. My second thought is that it was way more professional then FS1 right now, while I do like all the on air people on FS1, they really do cheese the **** out covering NASCAR, I would have to say that even though I have this utter disgust for anything E$PN, NASCAR Now blows away FS1 and Race Hub.

I guess I have a third thought, FS1 has grade a on air people, that have been around and or a part of NASCAR longer then I have been alive, they have the professionalism , but FS1 is as whole, does not, now, looking at the line up for NBC's on air staff for 2015 , leaves a lot to be desired for me to be honest, it seems that they spent all their money on the rights and are now trying to scrape together the broadcast team.

I disagree with your sentiments about NBC's broadcast team. They did exactly what they were supposed to do - went for a much younger on-air crew. Most of the people at FOX have been covering the sport for 30-40 years and that's fine - but they won't be there forever. NBC looked at the big picture. They've got NASCAR for at least 10 years - probably longer since ESPN and CBS want nothing to do with NASCAR. So, they put together a much younger team that's got experience but is also going to be around for another 20-30 years.

JGR featured tonight on the show.....

BhVxAzBIgAA9cjT.jpg:large

I disagree with your sentiments about NBC's broadcast team. They did exactly what they were supposed to do - went for a much younger on-air crew. Most of the people at FOX have been covering the sport for 30-40 years and that's fine - but they won't be there forever. NBC looked at the big picture. They've got NASCAR for at least 10 years - probably longer since ESPN and CBS want nothing to do with NASCAR. So, they put together a much younger team that's got experience but is also going to be around for another 20-30 years.
Sure, and that is a good idea, you know, I didnt word what I was trying to say right, or I did not look at from the way you pointed out

jeff burton....ken schrader....bobby labonte ......young ??? ha!

snider / stavast will be fresh ....if nothin else. hope they do well.

Dale Jr was pretty good on the Letterman show last night.

Several people have called in to NASCAR Radio again today about this and a solid answer was never given.
If someone had been injured or heaven forbid deceased because of his lack of a spotter which is a distinct possibility, the excrement would be firmly planted in the windmill and many heads would roll and the media fallout would understandably be unmerciful. Several people took a helluva chance so he could run second.

If someone had been injured or heaven forbid deceased because of his lack of a spotter which is a distinct possibility, the excrement would be firmly planted in the windmill and many heads would roll and the media fallout would understandably be unmerciful. Several people took a helluva chance so he could run second.
Damn straight! Anything can and does happen. If it was known by NASCAR that there was no communication with the driver then someone is dropping the ball here.

Back
Top Bottom