NASCAR to make only minor changes to 2015 Cup schedule

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
Robust discussion. :rolleyes: At least Bristol's first date is likely to come later in the season. What's up with all the moves with Darlington recently? I can't help but think they're trying to off that place.

“There’s not going to be a dramatic change but there may be some things that are a little different,” France said. “That’s not unusual.

“You come back to moving dates around and whatever else, we don’t do a lot of it, but we do a little of it from time to time and this will be one of those moments.”
-----------
“There's been some weather issues, as you well know, in the last several years at Bristol, and then some other things that we would naturally look at as we go along in the schedule, and now that the Chase format is changed, there's additional interest to move (dates) from one place to another,” France said.

“So there will be a robust discussion that will be for those reasons a more comprehensive look at what the best schedule will look like.”

At that time, France declined to comment on speculation that Darlington could be moved to the second race of the season from its current April date.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/...-changes-races-darlington-tv-coverage-fox-nbc

Sounds like a bunch of nothing to me.

You know, with next year being televised on a new network and the potential to attract a new audience, NASCAR would grow some balls and make major changes to the schedule like what needs to happen. We need new tracks to go to, some tracks need to lose a second race, and some races need to be moved around. An example would be moving the Daytona 500 to Sunday night and the July race race there during the day.

Darlington the second race? That's a stupid idea. That's what got Rockingham killed off.
Sadly, I think Darlington will be off the schedule within the next few years, and I bet that Las Vegas gets a second date in its place. Bruton has been crowing for a second LVMS race for years. Yay, another 1.5 mile cookie cutter on the schedule.

I doubt many people from SC will want to attend a Darlington race in February. Thats too damn cold for southerners.

I doubt many people from SC will want to attend a Darlington race in February. Thats too damn cold for southerners.
I remember one Rockingham race after Daytona it was like 55. They interviewed Dale Jarrett in pre-race and he acted like it was below zero and talked about how cold it was. I think it was about 17 that day here in the Badger State.

I remember one Rockingham race after Daytona it was like 55. They interviewed Dale Jarrett in pre-race and he acted like it was below zero and talked about how cold it was. I think it was about 17 that day here in the Badger State.
We freak out about snow. Northerners freak out about hurricanes.

We don't get hurricanes here so they're basically a TV show where Jim Cantore stands outside in his lil blue Weather Channel jacket and the rain goes sideways behind him.

Except for New Orleans... never forget, sweet prince.

Robust discussion. :rolleyes: At least Bristol's first date is likely to come later in the season. What's up with all the moves with Darlington recently? I can't help but think they're trying to off that place.

“There’s not going to be a dramatic change but there may be some things that are a little different,” France said. “That’s not unusual.

“You come back to moving dates around and whatever else, we don’t do a lot of it, but we do a little of it from time to time and this will be one of those moments.”
-----------
“There's been some weather issues, as you well know, in the last several years at Bristol, and then some other things that we would naturally look at as we go along in the schedule, and now that the Chase format is changed, there's additional interest to move (dates) from one place to another,” France said.

“So there will be a robust discussion that will be for those reasons a more comprehensive look at what the best schedule will look like.”

At that time, France declined to comment on speculation that Darlington could be moved to the second race of the season from its current April date.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/...-changes-races-darlington-tv-coverage-fox-nbc

betcha daytona is 1st race ta kick off nbc's cup coverage next yr. .......race # 17. ??

We don't get hurricanes here so they're basically a TV show where Jim Cantore stands outside in his lil blue Weather Channel jacket and the rain goes sideways behind him.

Except for New Orleans... never forget, sweet prince.
North: MEGA APOCALYPTIC DOOMSDAY SUPERSTORM SANDY!! EVACUATE THE PLANET!

south: Its a strong thunderstorm. Lets have a movie marathon

I was raised in the South and live in North. I freaked out about hurricanes when I lived in the South and find the freaking out about snow to be hilarious. You have to remember that the South is equipped with deal with hurricanes, the North isn't. And for snow, it's vice-versa.

Honestly, I'd rather watch a race at Darlington in February. The Carolinas are actually tolerable in the first 4 months of the year.

With this guy????????

I was raised in the South and live in North. I freaked out about hurricanes when I lived in the South and find the freaking out about snow to be hilarious. You have to remember that the South is equipped with deal with hurricanes, the North isn't. And for snow, it's vice-versa.

Honestly, I'd rather watch a race at Darlington in February. The Carolinas are actually tolerable in the first 4 months of the year.
Depends on your definition of tolerable. If it drops below 50 my ass is wearing layers.

Working on exterior house painting for 8 hours on a 110 degree day? No problem.

Walking 6 mins for half a mile to class in 40 degree weather? Go **** yourself.

Reactions: JEB
Depends on your definition of tolerable. If it drops below 50 my ass is wearing layers.

Working on exterior house painting for 8 hours on a 110 degree day? No problem.

Walking 6 mins for half a mile to class in 40 degree weather? Go **** yourself.

I'm the opposite. I can tolerate until below 40 in a t-shirt. I hate the heat.

some of those races at Bristol in March has been some cold mofo's. one year the windchill was like minus 1000. even some Canadians around us were complaining.
6 inches of snow and everything closes around here, and it's also when the what some call Rednecks comes out.

some of those races at Bristol in March has been some cold mofo's. one year the windchill was like minus 1000. even some Canadians around us were complaining.

6 inches of snow and everything closes around here, and it's also when the what some call Rednecks comes out.
Dude if it snows in the corner of the room, the city goes black lol

Grocery store shelves empty. FEMA drops in. USANG got choppers flyin figure eights overhead. Once friendly neighbors now forced into violent looting. Families huddled together in front of the TV stealing it's warmth. Nightmarish scenes... :ninja:

Last edited:
Dude if it snows in the corner of the room, the city goes black lol
round here
2 to 4 inches snow = time delay
4 to 6 inches snow = closed
now if bad icey, tree limbs break power lines, then you're on your own depending on your importance.

Grocery store shelves empty. FEMA drops in. USANG got choppers flyin figure eights overhead. Once friendly neighbors now forced into violent looting. Families huddled together in front of the TV stealing it's warmth. Nightmarish scenes... :ninja:
LOL..and if you must try to drive, elderly women who have never driven a car, tell you how to drive in it.

Nascar is making minor changes to the 2015 schedule. In other news water is wet, the sky is blue, and the earth revolves around the sun. Yawn.

Sucks for Darlington if its date gets moved to February. I hope that doesn't happen.

The attendence is pathetic there despite having the lowest seating capacity, and next step will likely be removal from the schedule.

I really wanna murder the France guy. Take some chances ya fackin puszy! I know its not right but he's been murderin nascar for over a decade now. Time to seriously overthrow Czar Brian

It also would seem reasonable that NASCAR would like one of its more popular events as its 17th points race — the first race for NBC in its return to NASCAR. This year, the 17th race was at Kentucky Speedway.

The 17th race of the year will be Daytona seeing as NBC's first race is on July 4th and that's Daytona's date.

Sucks for Darlington if its date gets moved to February. I hope that doesn't happen.

The attendence is pathetic there despite having the lowest seating capacity, and next step will likely be removal from the schedule.
Darlington the second race? That's a stupid idea. That's what got Rockingham killed off.
It's all part of the plan.

Darlington has pulled in good crowds the last few years, including this year.

Now Dover on the other hand...

It's too late. The plot has commenced to make all the races cookie cutter/plate track races and we didn't see through this France guy's addiction to F1 until it was too late. It's done. They're even trying to make Daytona an indoor facility! Just you watch. Darlington, then Martinsville, then Sonoma, then Richmond, then the Glen,and BOOM!

The end is nigh!

Sadly, I think Darlington will be off the schedule within the next few years, and I bet that Las Vegas gets a second date in its place. Bruton has been crowing for a second LVMS race for years. Yay, another 1.5 mile cookie cutter on the schedule.

Unfortunately I could see Darlington getting removed from the schedule but it wouldn't be at the expense of LVMS because LVMS is owned by Bruton while Darlington is owned by ISC. What's more likely is Darlington to lose its date to some place like Chicagoland. As for LVMS, I could see it getting a 2nd date at the expense of Kentucky or maybe even the Charlotte fall race.

One of the other sad things about the schedule is that fairly remote tracks like Darlington and Martinsville are at risk because NASCAR wants to be in big markets and as often as possible. That was a big factor the deaths of North Wilkesboro and Rockingham.

Hopefully they can get rid of places like martinsville and darlington and add some more 1.5 - 2 mile cookie cutter tracks. I love taking naps on Sunday.

Unfortunately I could see Darlington getting removed from the schedule but it wouldn't be at the expense of LVMS because LVMS is owned by Bruton while Darlington is owned by ISC. What's more likely is Darlington to lose its date to some place like Chicagoland. As for LVMS, I could see it getting a 2nd date at the expense of Kentucky or maybe even the Charlotte fall race.

One of the other sad things about the schedule is that fairly remote tracks like Darlington and Martinsville are at risk because NASCAR wants to be in big markets and as often as possible. That was a big factor the deaths of North Wilkesboro and Rockingham.

What's funny about Rockingham is that it's as far from the Charlotte market as Loudon is from Boston. Rockingham isn't that far out in the middle of nowhere. In the coming years, it'll even be the intersection of I-73 and 74.

What's funny about Rockingham is that it's as far from the Charlotte market as Loudon is from Boston. Rockingham isn't that far out in the middle of nowhere. In the coming years, it'll even be the intersection of I-73 and 74.

??? boston has a nascar track like charlotte. ?

Back
Top Bottom