Nationwide @ Dover Race Thread

Elliott shot himself in the foot and probably used up the car getting back up to the front. It looked like Joey was just riding around, unless he was blocking Elliott, and Kyle was a couple seconds out front most of the race after the first pit. AND there wasn't much racing after the first 25 laps or so. Chevy pretty much has the Owners championship locked up by a rookie driving for Jr motorsports. Might be why Joey seemed to be saving himself for tomorrow. Ford is a distant third.

Didn't look like Joey had the car after they got behind on that pitstop. Clean air is big, unless you're lapping the field, the it's all the same.

kinda pissed me off, it looked like Elliott had a faster car and Joey was blocking him. In Nationwide? C'mon Joey

He was driving to keep his points lead, maybe if he part times it in cup next year, he can clown around in front of Joey and see how he likes it.

He was driving to keep his points lead, maybe if he part times it in cup next year, he can clown around in front of Joey and see how he likes it.
Chase was complaining that his car just got too tight when he ran up on Joey and Joey wasn't budging from the bottom so Chase just rode around for 50 laps at the end there.

Uh yeah, when he ran up on Joey..numerous times. He let Joey know he was faster then he was. Chase had the rest of the full timers beat anyway, but damn, that is when I don't like cuppers in the lower series, when they are slower and blocking a full timer. In other forms of racing they would have been giving Joey the move over flag.

Uh yeah, when he ran up on Joey..numerous times. He let Joey know he was faster then he was. Chase had the rest of the full timers beat anyway, but damn, that is when I don't like cuppers in the lower series, when they are slower and blocking a full timer. In other forms of racing they would have been giving Joey the move over flag.

It's called racing for a reason.

I could see it if it was a full timer blocking for a position, but a cupper? they shouldn't get any respect, move over flag, they are not getting any driver points for being there

kinda pissed me off, it looked like Elliott had a faster car and Joey was blocking him. In Nationwide? C'mon Joey

Ah, Prince Joey would never do that as King Brad tought him differently...only JGR drivers are guilty of that type of egregious behavour.

Now, if you can't say something nice about Penske royalty, please don't say anything at all. Thank you :D

Edit: I should add that if for some reason JoLo was blocking, it's Hamlin's fault as I've heard that he forced Joey to do that while he was with JGR so it's not his fault - as usual :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got a chance to watch the race.
Whaddya say about Chase Elliott? :idunno:
It's refreshing to see youngsters like Elliott, Larson, C Buescher, Bubba Wallace, etc. come into the sport.

You left out Eric Jones, he has the potential to be one of the best ever in this sport IMO

I am like a few others here. Driving a Toyota truck for the dominate teams in the truck series will make a decent driver look great. Toyota has an advantage in speed and numbers in the truck series. 6 out of the top ten and the first five places were Toyota's. It is more than just a coincidence.

You left out Eric Jones, he has the potential to be one of the best ever in this sport IMO

Pump the brakes.

Give him some time. Also, KBM has the far best machinery out there I'm not going to say that off the rip. I need to see him in full-time in trucks with that 54 truck and move up the ranks to continue to get better.

Pump the brakes.

Give him some time. Also, KBM has the far best machinery out there I'm not going to say that off the rip. I need to see him in full-time in trucks with that 54 truck and move up the ranks to continue to get better.

Its no different with Elliot or any of the other drivers, it takes top notch equipment to win any of these things, if the KBM trucks werent competitive they wouldnt be winning and neither would Elliot in the JRM cars. Jones has proven that he can improve his vehicles and be there at the end without a lot of dumb mistakes.

Pump the brakes.

I thought he was special when he out drove Kyle Busch at the end of the 2012 Snowball Derby in lesser equipment.

I thought he was special when he out drove Kyle Busch at the end of the 2012 Snowball Derby in lesser equipment.

He's going to be good, no doubt. Just a bit premature because potential is called potential for a reason. Some live up to it, some don't. All-time great is premature same with like Chase Elliott.

Back
Top Bottom