NFL 2023-2024

The weather looks to be an issue, but what’s the NFL to do? Either moving the game to a different location, thus removing the home teams home field advantage, or moving the games to a different day would both have big implications.

The weather looks to be an issue, but what’s the NFL to do? Either moving the game to a different location, thus removing the home teams home field advantage, or moving the games to a different day would both have big implications.

They might as well go ahead and move this one.

They might as well go ahead and move this one.

I am going to argue that these temps are so irregular that it removes any home field advantage anyway. No one is used to playing in these conditions and the crowd will be too busy avoiding frostbite that they're not going to be too loud.

HELP! I just noticed that the Steelers - Bills game is on CBS TV. We have U-Verse and CBS is not available due to freaking contract negotiations. I am really upset.

HELP! I just noticed that the Steelers - Bills game is on CBS TV. We have U-Verse and CBS is not available due to freaking contract negotiations. I am really upset.
OTA. Do you have an antenna? I don't know how far you are from your local cbs affiliate but an antenna may work.

Do you subscribe to Paramount? They usually broadcast CBS games that are broadcast in your local area.

Also, there an app called RCA Signal Finder. Works on iOS and Android. It will tell you if you should be able to pick up CBS OTA.

It’s great that people are actually noticing Detroit for positive reasons. I get comments on my Detroit Lions beanie nearly everywhere I go in town, and for once it’s not a “You guys suck” comment. People actually respect us. …Kind of.

I mean, I like a snow game. And it’s not like either team has an advantage as both Pittsburgh and Buffalo are used to snow. I assume the bigger issue is the fans, but that’s not on the NFL as no one is making them go. You have to know snow is a possibility when talking about Buffalo in January.

Buffalo's under a State of Emergency and a Winter Storm Warning. Buffalo has too much pride in the Bills hosting a playoff game to stand up to the NFL, but the state sure should. Bills games have been postponed or relocated in the past under these circumstances.

The Chiefs game, those wind chills can cause frostbite in under 10 minutes. The last time a game was played in these conditions was over 40 years ago and resulted in numerous hospitalizations and, according to Cincinnati legend, multiple deaths. There's cold weather and then there's extreme cold. But it's all good as long as the heat works in Taylor Swift's suite.

This is all inexcusable. Profit before people.

This is doing it right.

NASCAR realized there was a significant weather threat, recognized the realities of a State of Emergency, and well over 24 hours in advance, postponed their race due to that severe weather risk.

Buffalo's under a State of Emergency and a Winter Storm Warning. Buffalo has too much pride in the Bills hosting a playoff game to stand up to the NFL, but the state sure should. Bills games have been postponed or relocated in the past under these circumstances.

The Chiefs game, those wind chills can cause frostbite in under 10 minutes. The last time a game was played in these conditions was over 40 years ago and resulted in numerous hospitalizations and, according to Cincinnati legend, multiple deaths. There's cold weather and then there's extreme cold. But it's all good as long as the heat works in Taylor Swift's suite.

This is all inexcusable. Profit before people.

Also consider that it will be even colder in the upper deck. You’ll have people ensuring wind chills approaching -50 to watch a football game.

This is dangerous.

If anyone whats to let NBC know what they think about the Miami vs KC Peacock exclusive call 212-664 2333
My local NBC channel is running that across the bottom of the screen already.

It had to be done.

The NFL has truthfully shown how little they give a damn this week with these two games. Buffalo was under a State of Emergency and the NFL *STILL* would not postpone the game. Kudos to the Governor of New York for standing up to the league.

Not moving the Chiefs game is bull****.

Too bad the NFL didn't announce the Peacock deal sooner. I'm currently locked in at 99 cents per month for the next 4 months. I think most people could afford to pay 99 cents.

Too bad the NFL didn't announce the Peacock deal sooner. I'm currently locked in at 99 cents per month for the next 4 months. I think most people could afford to pay 99 cents.

They announced the Peacock deal back in May.

NBC has mentioned the Peacock-exclusive playoff game on every Sunday Night Football broadcast.

I’ll be watching something else and/or an illegal stream before I support Peacock.

Remember folks, we had NBCSN before Peacock.

-20+ windchill really isn't that dangerous if you're dressed appropriately. Yoopers do it all the time for ice fishing. Plus all these stadiums have warming centers.

We're just so soft in every facet of life these days. People are obsessed with what they can't do. No one pushes themselves. No one achieves anything.

Oh, my bad. Black Friday is always a winning time to subscribe to Peacock. I guess fans had hoped their team wouldn't be the Peacock game. Or they didn't want to give in to the pressure.

Jacksonville fans pretty much expected that the Jags game would've been the Peacock-exclusive game before that historic collapse that still hasn't resulted in Trent Baalke and Press Taylor being shown where the nearest exit sign is.

Putting the Miami/Kansas City game on there is brilliant. As much as football fans are bitching about it, the Swifties are gonna happily pay the $6 to watch the game.

Back
Top Bottom