NFL 2023-2024

We’re gonna have lows in the 20s the next couple weeks.

I’m not even going to call people here pussies. I’m on the coast and we have a very tropical environment, so this is extreme weather for people around here.

Agreed. When I lived in Charleston I had a business trip to Minneapolis in Winter. I grew up right on the OH/MI border, and still I was shivering in 25° weather. The heat and humidity down there forge you into a summer person, anything under 40° feels very cold.

I’ll add thank God they postponed the Buffalo game. This is horrible football in KC tonight. Kickers can barely get the ball off the ground and no one can catch it

whats with you dont have to choose between football and the grocery store? If you're paying for 27 different streaming services you do.

whats with you dont have to choose between football and the grocery store? If you're paying for 27 different streaming services you do.

The smart thing to do is to pay for basic TV ($40-80 a month) with ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU/ESPN2 & FS1/FS2 & CBSSN & NFL Network & USA & TNT/TBS/truTV along with CNN, Fox News, Discovery, History, Weather Channel, etc.

Then pay for FloRacing & Amazon Prime & ESPN+ maybe.

I’ll add thank God they postponed the Buffalo game. This is horrible football in KC tonight. Kickers can barely get the ball off the ground and no one can catch it
Honestly not as bad as I expected, although there’ve been a decent number of drops. KC has that field warming system underground that keeps it closer to 50 I think.

Probably miserable as hell in the stands though. By Arrowhead standards the crowd has sounded largely muted.

Patrick “Tom Brady” Mahomes to the rescue. Andy “Bill Belichick” Reid & Travis “Rob Gronkowski” Kelce as well. Sad how you can’t make this up.

I like Mike McDaniel but the Dolphins are a little too finesse for my liking. Just not tough enough to win many of their big games.

Yeah, me too. I wanted them to beat the Bills last week, wanted them to be better than they were all year. They kinda showed at every step of the way that they weren't serious contenders.

The Chiefs came in with a great balanced plan tonight and the defense was dominant. They still have a lot to be concerned about when they face the real top teams.

01hm2zd0qvdwxhybtp0h.png

I guess in the cold, shattering your helmet doesn't warrant a precautionary trip to the concussion tent?

Yeah, me too. I wanted them to beat the Bills last week, wanted them to be better than they were all year. They kinda showed at every step of the way that they weren't serious contenders.

The Chiefs came in with a great balanced plan tonight and the defense was dominant. They still have a lot to be concerned about when they face the real top teams.

I was most surprised with Kansas City getting its offense going.

Patrick Mahomes is hard to bet against in the playoffs. Houston looked really good too.

So far, 20 degrees and flurries in Orchard Park @ the stadium. Who knew tough?

Funny how there's a state of emergency yet those with shovels are encouraged to come help clean out the stadium. Maybe, just somehow, they are immune to the horrific conditions. Godspeed shovelers. Godspeed.

So far, 20 degrees and flurries in Orchard Park @ the stadium. Who knew tough?

Funny how there's a state of emergency yet those with shovels are encouraged to come help clean out the stadium. Maybe, just somehow, they are immune to the horrific conditions. Godspeed shovelers. Godspeed.

Dude conditions are so bad most of the highways in Buffalo are closed lol.

I will say it’s absolutely ridiculous they don’t have a dome

Buffalo didn’t/doesn’t need a dome. If they built a dome they would be another ho-hum NFL franchise.

I agree. I'm fine with the occasional postponement. A dome in Buffalo would take all the character out of what a game played there means. A retractable one would likely get overused.

I fear the NFL harbors a desire and is looking for excuses to slide toward neutral site warn weather conference championship games and so on. Ugh.

I agree. I'm fine with the occasional postponement. A dome in Buffalo would take all the character out of what a game played there means. A retractable one would likely get overused.

I fear the NFL harbors a desire and is looking for excuses to slide toward neutral site warn weather conference championship games and so on. Ugh.

Postponements suck but they will still get good ratings.

The new Bills stadium is supposed to have a canopy over many of the seats but an open air playing surface, not too dissimilar to Hard Rock in Miami. Which I think makes sense for everyone.

Too many of these places are turning into boring domes already; I also hope whatever the Bears do doesn’t wind up enclosed, but I think that’s what they’ve initially rendered.

The local Fox OTA is currently out (Intentionally probably) and the site I have been using has shut down. Sometime it sucks being poor. 🤣 Thankfully the Detroit game is on NBC, otherwise I'd be very upset.

Jordan Love looking all world and he is almost perfect in 3rd in whatever situations. Looking as good as in anybody in the league.

While Prescott's biggest play so far has been an interception.

Back
Top Bottom