20160324_112541.jpg
20160324_113744.jpg
20160324_122416.jpg
20160324_132511.jpg
20160702_143924.jpg
20160702_163547.jpg
20160702_164629.jpg
20160705_204808.jpg

Thanks for posting, Javier. I like your last video best. I always like to see Old Glory along for the ride on a burnout. This one celebrated her 240th birthday!

Thanks for posting, Javier. I like your last video best. I always like to see Old Glory along for the ride on a burnout. This one celebrated her 240th birthday!

Yeah, it was one great celebration. I have an enormous respect for those guys, going so fast 2-3 wide, within inches from each other...it takes guts! It is not the same as seeing it on TV... :)

TY...Oh man, everyone always say that! :)

I also got some of the videos form the Coke Zero 400 posted on youtube:

God I love that sound! I'm sitting here all alone with my laptop watching a video and clapping. :headbang:Thank you!

Great pics. You got to ride the track! :bounce:

We were going to spend this Labor Day weekend at Daytona Beach having some fun, but with the projected stormy weather, cancelled everything this morning, no sense on driving up there if it will be rainy/stormy all weekend... :(

We were going to spend this Labor Day weekend at Daytona Beach having some fun, but with the projected stormy weather, cancelled everything this morning, no sense on driving up there if it will be rainy/stormy all weekend... :(

Ah sorry. That would have been a fun outing.

Ah sorry. That would have been a fun outing.
Well, stuff happens...will try again in October... Now fellows, I hope to see many photos from Darlington posted here, would love to see those throwbacks paint schemes up close! Anyone here going?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Random observations from Darlington:
  • When this race was on Mother's Day evening, I preferred Brasington Tower in turn 1. When they first moved the race back to Labor Day last year I was in Pearson (turn 4), but returned to Brasington last night. That proved to be a mistake. Between the earlier start time and the change of the angle of the sun from May to September, the sun was in my face for most of the first 90 or 100 laps. The scoring tower was unreadable, and I couldn't tell which car was which coming down the front stretch. I'll move back to Pearson next time, with the sun at my back.
  • Once the sun dropped down behind the Pearson grandstand, the place was absolutely gorgeous (as usual).
  • I saw more non-Anglos in the crowd than previous years.
  • If both of you are wearing Confederate-themed hats and T-Shirts with no sign of race gear, I assume you're making a political statement. It doesn't help your shirt's "Heritage, not Hate" message when you spend the entire night giving the finger to multiple cars. Also, if you're going to hang a flag over the railing in front of your bottom-row seats, get an actual FLAG, not a flocked beach towel that's only printed on one side.
  • Smoking may be in the decline nationally, but not in Brasington Tower, section G, rows 13 through 18.
  • The west parking lot was surprisingly dry, considering how much rain it received 48 hours before.
  • I gotta figure how to best set my relatively new hearing aids so I can clearly hear my scanner.
  • The track needs to return to their old policy of painting the walls before Friday, and then allowing the 'Darlington stripes' to accumulated unpainted through the weekend.
  • Boy, some people wear ill-advised shoes in an environment noted for rutty field, gravel and dirt roads, concrete steps and aluminum bleachers.
  • I saw the first fight I'd seen at the track in years. I don't know what set off the younger guy (18-25 demographic), but he sucker-punched another member of his party (35-45) in the back of the neck, then spun his own cooler through 270-degrees before slamming it to the ground and girlishly shreiking, "I don't have to put up with this #@$!". He then pulled up the hood on his sleeveless sweatshirt and stormed off muttering vague threats. (What's the point in a sleeveless hoodie, and who wears a black garment of sweatshirt material in 85 degree sunshine? Maybe questions like those are what set him off?) Most bystanders were very concerned ... with the beer cans rolling out of his cooler.

Last edited:
We had a great time this past Sunday at the Southern 500. This was our second year after a 20+ year hiatus from attending. I'm not sure if this year can be topped. It started early Sunday with a pace car ride won through the Coke Rewards promotion in the track's app. It was 3 laps around and we figured we'd do about 60-65 mph, about pace lap speed. Nope!! The ride was in a production Impala. As soon as we buckled in the driver punched it toward turn 3 and by time we hit turn 1 we were up to 115mph! It was the most intense thing I've ever experienced, doing 100mph in the corner up near the wall. I was really surprised at the G-force in the turns. Granted, we were in a street car, but figuring another 40-50mph in the corner, even with the setup of a Cup car, I can't imagine 367 laps of that, I was exhausted after 3.

From there we headed back to the Coke display to get a picture of Tony Stewart's show car. Surprise! Bobby Allison was standing in front of it taking pictures with fans. He was extremely gracious and stood in the hot sun taking pictures and talking with everybody who waited in line. After a quick trip back to the car we headed back to the track as we had pit passes.

I've always enjoyed the races I've attended at Darlington, but the first 100 laps of nearly no passing for position had me worried of a snore-fest, but the last 267 more than made up for it.

Here are only a few of the pics we took, the ones from the pits were too big to upload.

712be49b49977b2e8859c61083552493.jpg
cafb3a8654ca4ff74c31f66f7d82101e.jpg

Last edited:
We had a great time this past Sunday at the Southern 500. This was our second year after a 20+ year hiatus from attending. I'm not sure if this year can be topped. It started early Sunday with a pace car ride won through the Coke Rewards promotion in the track's app. It was 3 laps around and we figured we'd do about 60-65 mph, about pace lap speed. Nope!! The ride was in a production Impala. As soon as we buckled in the driver punched it toward turn 3 and by time we hit turn 1 we were up to 115mph! It was the most intense thing I've ever experienced, doing 100mph in the corner up near the wall. I was really surprised at the G-force in the turns. Granted, we were in a street car, but figuring another 40-50mph in the corner, even with the setup of a Cup car, I can't imagine 367 laps of that, I was exhausted after 3.

From there we headed back to the Coke display to get a picture of Tony Stewart's show car. Surprise! Bobby Allison was standing in front of it taking pictures with fans. He was extremely gracious and stood in the hot sun taking pictures and talking with everybody who waited in line. After a quick trip back to the car we headed back to the track as we had pit passes.

I've always enjoyed the races I've attended at Darlington, but the first 100 laps of nearly no passing for position had me worried of a snore-fest, but the last 267 more than made up for it.

Here are only a few of the pics we took, the ones from the pits were too big to upload.

712be49b49977b2e8859c61083552493.jpg
cafb3a8654ca4ff74c31f66f7d82101e.jpg

:headbang:

A great first day at the track. Weather was pretty poor all day and was spitting rain most of the day but still a good day. Was a enjoyable K&N East race, won't say who won in case people want to watch it when it airs. It was also very enjoyable to watch local boy from my area, Tyler Hughes run tonight. This was about as close as a night race as it will ever get for Dover and for the first time since I started going to Dover it was dark when I got back to my car. Weather looks better for tomorrow then it did early.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Tyler Hughes

image.jpeg
image.png

Also got on NASCAR ON NBC's Facebook page I'm on the right in the throwback Rudd shirt

Lastly as I was leaving I got behind one of the haulers and I followed it all the way until I made my turn to head back to college

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    363.5 KB · Views: 362
BTW, hello to the rest of the board. Lol. Long time lurker, decided to finally take the plunge...

My wife and I are on the right. Friends to the left...That photo was taken roughly around 5 AM.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1475464787508.jpg
    FB_IMG_1475464787508.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 327
BTW, hello to the rest of the board. Lol. Long time lurker, decided to finally take the plunge...

My wife and I are on the right. Friends to the left...That photo was taken roughly around 5 AM.
Nice picture. Welcome to the forum. :cheers:

Thanks! Nascar super fans...

After our DIS shopping spree, my wife said: "See? That's why I can't let you 3 go alone to that track, you spend like crazy." And I told her: "Well, the same reason why I can't let you go alone to Macy's, JC Penney or Sears!"... I almost got a black eye, skillfully dodged a jab and a hook...

After our DIS shopping spree, my wife said: "See? That's why I can't let you 3 go alone to that track, you spend like crazy." And I told her: "Well, the same reason why I can't let you go alone to Macy's, JC Penney or Sears!"... I almost got a black eye, skillfully dodged a jab and a hook...

:XXROFL:

Back
Top Bottom