Raceview on nascar.com

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by dpkimmel2001, Feb 21, 2013.

1. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

Do any of you out there have this working for you? When I go in there and log in it still says that it is not available. Let me know if it is working for you. :mad:
  2. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

This is what I see when I try to start the service.

raceview.jpg
  3. racer8

racer8 Team Owner

I logged off when I saw that same message, then got back on and the page is loading.
  4. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

I'm also curious if any of you are getting the mobile app scanner audio feed to work. Can you post here if you did get it to work? Thanks.
  5. racer8

racer8 Team Owner

I don,t have any moblie stuff but I will let you know if is working (at least for me).
  6. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

I keep getting the same message. No success here at all.
  7. racer8

racer8 Team Owner

So far it is working but has a box saying no audio available for this race, which is half the reason I paid for this.
  8. pjmolo

pjmolo Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .

NASCAR.com is unbefuckenlievably messed up.
    MOEJOE and racer8 like this.
  9. Johali

Johali Team Owner Contributor

Mine is still not working. :mad:
  10. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

Matt is saying that the Android app is working. I'm going to cancel my online service tomorrow and take the app route instead.
  11. Matthew2470

Matthew2470 Freethinker

I hope they make the audio on the app louder and reduce the delay from the 30 seconds to 5.
  12. Johali

Still not working. :mad: GRRRR
  13. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

Just tried raceview again. The screen is loading but it still has data from the first race.
  14. mike honcho

mike honcho They call me Nighthawk

If you pay for the online service Good Luck if you want your money back.
  15. Matthew2470

Matthew2470 Freethinker

35 second delay for that race. It gets progressively worse. Also some strange audio issues. I plan to to initiate a chat session with NASCAR.com tomorrow to make them aware of these issues.
  16. Gkunk79

Gkunk79 Tire changer

Kinda makes me glad i didnt renew my subscription this year. I have the mobile app and it seemed to work fine on both my phone and my tablet.
  17. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

I can't remember ever having any issues with it before. I'm sure that they'll get this worked out but will it be by the 500? Who knows but it is frustrating to say the least.
    MOEJOE likes this.
  18. Matthew2470

Matthew2470 Freethinker

They pushed out another Android update today (2.1.1.1) but I didn't realize it was available until after the races.

But unless they make it WAYYYY louder there is no way this app will replace a scanner.
  19. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

If there's a delay it'll never replace a scanner. The sound can be amplified. I use a small 9 volt inline amp from Racing Electronics for the Bristol race because of the noise. I'm certain that it is not doing my hearing any good but it produces a volume level that works great for that environment.
  20. Matthew2470

Matthew2470 Freethinker

I'm already planning to take my scanner. No delay and no censorship.
  21. Gkunk79

Gkunk79 Tire changer

Ive used both the mobile app and trackpass for years and ive heard smoke say some very colorfull things. I dont think they sensor it.
  22. Smoke14

Smoke14 Team Owner Contributor

You need better headphones Dan. I use Bose with a Radio Shack scanner and the volume is about half way up.
  23. Matthew2470

Matthew2470 Freethinker

Can't even log on right now. Unreal.
  24. Gkunk79

Gkunk79 Tire changer

mobile app seems to be working good
  25. Gkunk79

Gkunk79 Tire changer

I use an equiliser app to boost the sound and play it on my bluetooth earpiece, I actually had to turn it down a little bit.
  26. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

Worked good for me today but I couldn't get in until lap #10 or so.
  27. Matthew2470

Matthew2470 Freethinker

Damn one lap delay sucks. The NASCAR.com audio was actually ahead of the race broadcast by 7 seconds or so.
  28. Johali

Everybody I know couldnt get raceview at all on their PCs, just the new audio incar was working, better than nothing.
  29. Gkunk79

Gkunk79 Tire changer

I anticipated the delay so when they dropped the green flag I paused my dvr. And resumed when I heard them say gren green green on tonys radio. Problem solved for me at least.
  30. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

I got an email from nascar.com yesterday but didn't see it until this morning. Hopefully it will help some of you that have been having issues. There are links to both the RaceView Premium & RaceView Audio here that bypass all of their front end processing on their web site.

To access RaceView Premium click HERE.
    To access RaceView Audio (formerly Scanner) click HERE.
  31. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

Raceview was ahead on the broadcast on mine as well. It's always been slightly ahead over the years but not as much as yesterday. If it were the other way around it could have been fixed with the DVR pause method but not when the DVR is already behind. Regardless of the timing difference it was a welcome service to have back for the race. I wouldn't want to watch a race without it.
  32. Johali

I got it yesterday during the race and tried it but it didnt work. I just tried it again and it still didnt work. It loads to 75% then a tab says "you are not authorized" even though I was logged in through the email. Raceview premium never worked for me or any of my friends yesterday, email or no email, and some of them are in the computer field and know their way around a keyboard. When it allowed me access it didnt load properly. I just used the raceview audio and it worked fine. As for the delay the audio was ahead of the direct tv broadcast on my tv by 14 seconds. Due to the spotter I knew when a caution was coming well before it was on tv. I've been trying to log into nascar.com all morning and cannot, the tab when I try says error the page you are looking for does not exist. They need to hire someone to fix this thing that at least has a high school education.
    MOEJOE likes this.
  33. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

The like for Raceview Premium is not going to work right now because there is no data to receive. I will not finish loading because of that.

Yesterday, I tried over and over before and during the beginning of the race. Eventually it kicked into the premium service even though I only subscribe to the audio portion. I started it on two separate computers and used them both all race long without issue. I think they are getting closer but this is unacceptable by any means.
  34. Johali

When there is no race data on premium it is supposed to load to the "next race information page" with a countdown to the next race like it did all week and has always done. Yesterday if I fiddled with it long enough I could get the premium to partially load and work with the incar but not the virtual images I am supposed to get. You know all of the old sayings about being close but not getting it. I like watching the virtual races and the incar especially during commercials thats why I pay for the service. If the buck stops here is true in nascar then I think all of the raceview customers should have Brian Frances personal email address then I can assure you these problems with the website would be resolved post-haste.
    dpkimmel2001 likes this.
  35. Matthew2470

Matthew2470 Freethinker

I'm sure you guys received this emai today:

Someone done effed up, mang.​
  36. Johali

Yeah I got one also, means nothing.
  37. MOEJOE

MOEJOE 5X CUP CHAMP FAN

I heard that everybody that order it and didn't get service yesterday gets free tickets and HOT PASSES to what ever track they want. ;)
  38. AndyMarquisLive

AndyMarquisLive Animal Mother

They need to bring in the people who operate MLB.com At Bat to make RaceView worth a ****.
    Johali and MOEJOE like this.
  39. racer8

racer8 Team Owner

I got that same e mail today also.
    And I get the feeling I will get the exact same one again next Monday.
    At this point They need to start giving some sort of credit to us custumors.
  40. Matthew2470

Matthew2470 Freethinker

Sometimes things just don't work correctly at "go live". Cascading failures are tough to deal with. As soon as you ameliorate one issue another issue arises. It's like plugging a hole in a dike at that point. They'll get it fixed and the rough start will be forgiven.