Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

11 years ago today, Kurt Busch wins at Bristol
nascar_bristol.jpg

So this is old news now, and some may have seen it already(stfu), but have another Clinton Bowyer joke:
image.jpg

I don't know if this has been posted or not and I don't care to read through all the threads to find out :)

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20140824d

Rogers, Kyle Busch Have Meeting After Race: #18-Kyle Busch came into the weekend with hopes of adding to his 16 career Bristol win total and perhaps sweeping the three-race weekend. But he left Saturday night with serious questions about the cohesiveness of the #18 Sprint Cup team. Busch was involved in an early accident and also endured a pit road speeding penalty to erase any hopes of winning the main event. But things went from bad to worse for Busch, who angrily left his car on pit road when he exited the race with a handful of laps remaining despite crew chief Dave Rogers instructing him to do otherwise. "Park it behind the truck and take your whiny little ass to the bus," Rogers said over the team radio. Busch's frustration is understandable given the circumstances that came his way, but the behavior should raise more than a few concerns about the team's ability to compete for a title. Simply said, Busch and Rogers need to find a way to harness the emotional outbursts before they can be seriously considered championship material.(in part from Motor Racing Network)(8-24-2014)

Bristol driver intro music

• Jamie McMurray: "Wild Side" / Motley Crue
  • Brad Keselowski: "Turn Down For What" / DJ Snake and Lil Jon
  • Austin Dillon: "The Stroke" / Billy Squire
  • Kevin Harvick: "Pass a Beer" / Jake Owen
  • Kasey Kahne: "Tubthumping" / Chumbawamba
  • Michael Annett: "Bernie Dance"/ATM & IMD
  • Marcos Ambrose: "Highway to Hell" / AC/DC
  • Danica Patrick: "Somethin' Bad" / Miranda Lambert and Carrie Underwood
  • Denny Hamlin: "0 to 100"/Drake
  • Casey Mears: "American Kids"/Kenny Chesney
  • Jeff Burton: "Bartender Song (Sittin' at a Bar)"/Rehab with Hank Williams Jr.
  • Clint Bower: "Whiskey River"/Willie Nelson
  • Greg Biffle: "Changes"/David Bowie
  • Ricky Stenhouse Jr.: "Ain't Goin' Down ('Til the Sun Comes Up)"/Garth Brooks
  • Kyle Busch: "Rowdy Busch"/Raytona 500
  • Matt Kenseth: "1000hp"/Godsmack
  • Joey Logano: "O Fortuna"/Carl Orff
  • Alex Bowman: "Gangsta's Paradise"/Coolio Featuring L.V.
  • Jeff Gordon: "Moonshine in the Trunk"/Brad Paisley
  • Cole Whitt: "Tell the World"/Lecrae
  • Paul Menard: "The Trooper"/Iron Maiden
  • Ryan Newman: "Lettin' the Night Roll"/Justin Moore
  • David Ragan: "Bad Boys"/Inner Circle
  • JJ Yeley: "Welcome to the Jungle"/Guns N' Roses
  • David Gilliland: "Small Town Throwdown"/Brantley Gilbert Featuring Justin Moore and Thomas Rhett
  • Kurt Busch: "Outlaws Like Me"/Justin Moore
  • Kyle Larson: "Good Times Bad Times"/Led Zeppelin
  • Aric Almirola: "Hot Dog!"/They Might Be Giants
  • AJ Allmendinger: "Here Comes The Boom"/Nelly
  • Jimmie Johnson: "Do you really want to hurt me"/Culture Club
  • Justin Allgaier: "My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark"/Fall Out Boy
  • Brian Vickers: "Beast of Burden"/The Rolling Stones
  • Martin Truex Jr.: "The Outsiders"/Eric Church
  • Ryan Truex: "Dammit"/Blink-182
  • Joe Nemechek: "Friends in Low Places"/Garth Brooks
  • Dale Earnhardt Jr.: "Mountain Song"/Jane's Addiction
  • Michael McDowell: "Thrive"/Casting Crowns
  • Carl Edwards: "Lettin the Night Roll"/Justin Moore
  • Dave Blaney: "Seven Nation Army"/White Stripes
  • Landon Cassill: "Introducing the Icon"/Riff Raff
  • Brett Moffitt: "Crazy Train"/Ozzy Osbourne
  • David Stremme: "Ready Set Roll"/Chase Rice
  • Josh Wise: "The Distance"/Cake

• David Gilliland: "Small Town Throwdown"/Brantley Gilbert Featuring Justin Moore and Thomas Rhett
I laughed out loud when I got to jimmies. Wtf? Hahahahahaha!!!!

Found this on google. anyone know when this scheme is scheduled to make it's debut, if it's legit?
42838d1374318045-jeff-gordon-fictional-render-request-jeffgordon24dvx_render-2x.jpg

I know WileyX sponsors a few guys.. but don't know if they will run it..could just be something for a sales demo

Anyone here ever go to nascarthegame forums? I think some of the people in there might have failed their IQ tests lol

That's the big reason I get all jacked up about the language and newbe troll whiners around here..real easy to degenerate into a chat rat cesspool like so many are. You don't even want to read the chat rats on the Nascar website when a race is going on, nothing about the race.

Denny Hamlin said in his interview Saturday Night that they did not bring their best stuff to Bristol and also it was stupid for drivers to take risks and race the first 400 laps of the race. I think that pretty much tells why the races at Bristol have become so boring and why the number of fans attending is way down probably as many as 40,000 or more gone. The traffic control after the game has become atrocious also with some fans being diverted as much as 60 miles out of the way so they can open up roads for the VIPs. All in all, second class junk cars, no racing till the last 100 laps, and jerk the fans around in favor of the VIPs pretty much says why Jerry Caldwell and Nascar have destroyed Bristol.

Denny Hamlin said in his interview Saturday Night that they did not bring their best stuff to Bristol and also it was stupid for drivers to take risks and race the first 400 laps of the race. I think that pretty much tells why the races at Bristol have become so boring and why the number of fans attending is way down probably as many as 40,000 or more gone. The traffic control after the game has become atrocious also with some fans being diverted as much as 60 miles out of the way so they can open up roads for the VIPs. All in all, second class junk cars, no racing till the last 100 laps, and jerk the fans around in favor of the VIPs pretty much says why Jerry Caldwell and Nascar have destroyed Bristol.
Boring? What were you watching

The Evolution Of The Burnout

The burnout has come to dominate NASCAR celebrations in a relatively short time. This much we know to be true. But how did we get here and when did burnouts actually begin before becoming commonplace?

Ron Hornaday helped pioneer today's most popular celebratory tactic by accident. The year was 1998, the track was Memphis Motorsports Park and Hornaday had just won the 23rd Truck Series race of his career.

"When I was turning around to grab the flag, the back tires kind of spun, so I just kept my foot in it," Hornaday said. "When the tires started spinning, I figured I'd just keep it going."

Hornaday's team owner at the time was Dale Earnhardt and the "Intimidator" was none too pleased.

"I got my butt chewed out from Dale for doing it because it hurts the pieces and parts on the vehicle, stretching the driveshaft, the U-joints and (it was) hard on the hubs and the axels and stuff like that. I got told that if I do a burnout that he's gonna fine me. And I said, 'Well, how much of a fine?'

"'Well, let me just tell you, I'll fire Hornaday if he does another burnout in my truck.' Once Dale started chewing your ass out because you were putting wear and tear on his trucks, you kind of quit doing it but tried to sneak one every once in a while."

In the 16 years since Hornaday won and spun at Memphis, the burnout has become synonymous with winning in NASCAR. So much so that he had to momentarily pause in trying to remember what victory celebrations were like before them.

"You were just on the radio thanking the guys for a great piece and drive that day," Hornaday said. "You never (did) think about it. Once Alan [Kulwicki]did the Polish Victory Lap, it was kinda common sense of going by and just seeing eye to eye with the fans when you're driving around there and wave to them. Then you go back to the days of the Bill Elliotts, that's when they just went to Victory Lane and said what they had to say, get the trophy and go to the next."

from here

Here’s a look at confirmed testing dates in the coming weeks.

Aug. 25-26
Chicagoland Speedway

Stewart-Haas Racing
Roush Fenway Racing
Michael Waltrip Racing
Richard Petty Motorsports
Chip Ganassi Racing

Aug. 25-26
Kansas Speedway

Leavine Family Racing

Aug. 26-27
Martinsville Speedway

Hendrick Motorsports

Sept. 2-3
New Hampshire Motor Speedway

Stewart-Haas Racing
Leavine Family Racing
Front Row Motorsports

Sept. 2-3
Charlotte Motor Speedway

Team Penske
JTG Daugherty
Joe Gibbs Racing

Sept. 22-23
Texas Motor Speedway

Team Penske
Roush Fenway Racing

Oct. 7-8
Martinsville Speedway

Chip Ganassi Racing

Oct. 13-14
Martinsville Speedway

Team Penske
Germain Racing

from here

"Somethin' Bad" for Danica, sounds about right. :p

Boring? What were you watching
Watched Jeff Gordon in a car at the end of the pack hold off the leader Joey Logano for about 20 laps and allowed Brad Keselowski to catch up. The only reason Keselowski didn't win was Nascar made Gordon move over and let Logano pass. This is kids stuff on a one groove track. Make them bring the best stuff and make them race or close the gates and bull doze the place. I have been a Nascar fan for over 50 years and I know boring, non racing when I see it. The only reason they got the fans they got now is that most of them don't even know what they are watching and when they realize the numbers in the stands is getting less and less the party at Bristol will be over.

Watched Jeff Gordon in a car at the end of the pack hold off the leader Joey Logano for about 20 laps and allowed Brad Keselowski to catch up. The only reason Keselowski didn't win was Nascar made Gordon move over and let Logano pass. This is kids stuff on a one groove track. Make them bring the best stuff and make them race or close the gates and bull doze the place. I have been a Nascar fan for over 50 years and I know boring, non racing when I see it. The only reason they got the fans they got now is that most of them don't even know what they are watching and when they realize the numbers in the stands is getting less and less the party at Bristol will be over.

2 posts and two whines..I wouldn't answer for the fans that were there if I were you, sounds like you might be a bit twisted. It is common practice at a track to give a slower car the move over flag.

“He probably misjudged," he said. "I think I know Kevin pretty well. He’s not going to take someone out early in the race. I have no problems with Kevin. I really don’t. I think it was just (he) midjudged, just trying too hard, too early. Both of us had really fast cars. These short tracks is all about patience. You’ve got to show patience.”

o_O:blink::blush:

2 posts and two whines..I wouldn't answer for the fans that were there if I were you, sounds like you might be a bit twisted. It is common practice at a track to give a slower car the move over flag.
I only speak for myself, a lot of empty seats there and those fans have already spoken. Everybody I am talking to says they will not be back, more empty seats. Second rate cars, no racing, poor post race traffic control, all adds up, doubt if the place will be a third full in April and maybe half full next August. Did it to themselves.

Tickets? Who needs tickets? This is one way to bypass the gate @ Bristol.

why buy tickets?

I didn't know where I was going and ended up walking thru the wrong lot and never passed a gate or showed my ticket. A few days later they sent me an e-mail and asked why I didn't go.

The only reason Keselowski didn't win was Nascar made Gordon move over and let Logano pass

Stands looked pretty full to me, I wasn't there, but there were plenty of copter shots. Your complaining about traffic control, guess there was a few cars there eh? Considering that it rained off and on all weekend the crowd looked good to me. I don't see the all the drama. Listening to Joey get interviewed after the race, he tells a different story about his passing Gordon, without your Nascar "making" Gordon move over. Joey passed Jeff on the bottom? I think I will go with what I saw and Joey's story.

I only speak for myself, a lot of empty seats there and those fans have already spoken. Everybody I am talking to says they will not be back, more empty seats. Second rate cars, no racing, poor post race traffic control, all adds up, doubt if the place will be a third full in April and maybe half full next August. Did it to themselves.
Is that you Humpy?

why buy tickets?

I didn't know where I was going and ended up walking thru the wrong lot and never passed a gate or showed my ticket. A few days later they sent me an e-mail and asked why I didn't go.
I've been to 5 races this year and showed my tickets only once. Didn't even need em. Even at Daytona. I'm going to stop buying them and just show up!

@nascarcasm

NASCAR teams really shouldn't schedule a test for the Chase on the same day Mother Nature has one scheduled also.

That's the big reason I get all jacked up about the language and newbe troll whiners around here..real easy to degenerate into a chat rat cesspool like so many are. You don't even want to read the chat rats on the Nascar website when a race is going on, nothing about the race.
Oh I know man its ridiculous

Back
Top Bottom