Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

So this has been annoying me for some time, on the Chevy Gen6 car, you have this.

10698668_10152324690805951_4744208904958143126_n.jpg

The Chevy decal is in one place, but the punch out of the Chevy logo is in another place. This is literally on every Chevy Gen6 car! IT'S ANNOYING !

So this has been annoying me for some time, on the Chevy Gen6 car, you have this.

The Chevy decal is in one place, but the punch out of the Chevy logo is in another place. This is literally on every Chevy Gen6 car! IT'S ANNOYING !

In that example, Lowe's is surrounding the symbol but isn't there usually a sponsor logo covering it?

In that example, Lowe's is surrounding the symbol but isn't there usually a sponsor logo covering it?

I think so, but it's still annoying. They either need to put the decal over the punch-out, or move the punch out to the top!

The lower Bowtie is just the 'hit me' spot on JJ's car.

NASCAR Numbers:
12: The number of laps led by Brad Keselowski in Sunday's GEICO 500 at Talladega Superspeedway, a race he had to win to advance to the Eliminator Round of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. Keselowski led laps 187 through 192, and after surrendering the top spot to Ryan Newman on the white-flag lap (193) retook the lead from Newman on the one that counted.
31: The number of NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races run this year by Denny Hamlin, who missed the event at Fontana, Calif., in March because of an eye injury. Should Hamlin win the championship this year, he would be the first series champion since Richard Petty in 1971 to win the series title without competing in a full schedule of races.
1: The number of top-five finishes for driver Landon Cassill in 147 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series starts. Cassill ran a superb race in Sunday's GEICO 500 at Talladega, avoided the pitfalls that beset other drivers and sped across the finish line in fourth place for a career-best result.
7.0: Jeff Gordon's average finish in NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races at Martinsville Speedway, best among the eight drivers still eligible for the series championship. Denny Hamlin is second at 8.8. Surprisingly, the driver among the eight with the worst average finish at Martinsville is Kevin Harvick at 15.8.
5.2: The average finish at Martinsville for six-time champion Jimmie Johnson, who has won eight times at the historic .526-mile short track. Johnson may have been eliminated from the Chase on Sunday, but it's a virtual certainty he'll be a contender for the victory this weekend at Martinsville-Chase or no Chase.(NASCAR Wire Service)(10-21-2014)

Fowler has an average Nationwide finish of 26.8 and an average ARCA finish of 20.6

http://m.espn.go.com/rpm/story?storyId=11747941&src=desktop&wjb
One day each year, during this exact week in late October, just as the wind begins to blow colder and the air breathes crisper and the leaves explode with color, Rick Hendrick removes the cover from a Chevrolet Tahoe in his garage on the Hendrick Motorsports campus, unlocks it and drives it home.
----------------------
Marty Smith hits it out of the park --- again.

http://m.espn.go.com/rpm/story?storyId=11747941&src=desktop&wjb

----------------------
Marty Smith hits it out of the park --- again.
Marty Smith. Probably the best writer in the business.

My wife, kids and I were here in Martinsville for that race. The area where we stayed was not far from Bull Mountain where the crash took place. From that day I do remember the fog that blanketed the area as it did the day before and after. I remember it being a tough ride through the mountain roads on our way to the track. We first heard of the crash at the conclusion of the race. The victory lane celebration at the start finish line was aborted at the last minute as all four Hendrick cars were called to pit road. Everyone in the stands were confused with what was going on. Not until we walked out to our truck in the parking lot did we hear from Claire B Lang, XM Radio, more about the crash and who was involved.

Back
Top Bottom