Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

So I have a question, more than once drivers have complained about the set-up in their cars being off and having a hard time driving the car. Jimmie Johnson even had this problem at the Chase Race in Charlotte. So, my question is, is the Gen6 car so set-up dependent that a driver can't race a badly set-up car to a decent finish like in the old days, or are drivers just complaining?
In the old days the competition wasn't as close. These days if your car is off even just a tiny bit everyone else will take advantage.

read on Jayski....
Hawg Heaven Bacon Nachos available at Texas Motor Speedway: The folks that brought together three important food groups - bacon, beer and ice cream - to create the bacon-infused beer milkshake for its race fans are back at it again with America's meat candy obsession. Bacon lovers will be able to unite Oct. 31-Nov. 2 for the AAA Texas 500 NASCAR tripleheader weekend as Texas Motor Speedway and its official concessionaire Levy Restaurants unveil their latest creation - Hawg Heaven Bacon Nachos - that features bacon in four forms. White nacho bacon cheese sauce, chunks of hickory smoked bacon, candied bacon and bacon powder are incorporated to transform this staple sports venue concession item into a meat lover's delight. Hawg Heaven Bacon Nachos consists of tri-color tortilla chips sprinkled with bacon powder and topped with white cheese bacon nacho sauce, candied bacon, jalapenos, black beans, pico de gallo and sour cream. The item will sell for $8 and only be available at the concession stand on the concourse inside the Gate 4 main grandstand entrance. And what better way for an adult to wash down those tasty bacon-enhanced nachos than with a Texas craft beer. Levy Restaurants will have its Craft Beer Brewery located in section 405 of the concourse near the Gate 4 entrance and offer sixvarieties of Texas craft beers.

Ricky Craven has decided to stay with ESPN

Former NASCAR Sprint Cup race winner Ricky Craven has agreed to a new contract and will remain with ESPN as NASCAR analyst for SportsCenter and other ESPN news platforms. Craven, who started with ESPN as an analyst in 2008, will make regular appearances in the ESPN studio around NASCAR Sprint Cup races and to analyze breaking news as warranted. ESPN is in its final year of televising live NASCAR racing. "Our news and information platforms will continue to provide NASCAR fans with coverage of the sport and insightful analysis going forward," said Michael Shiffman, senior coordinating producer, SportsCenter. "Ricky Craven has proven to be a valuable voice and analyst and we are very happy that he is remaining part of the ESPN team into the future."
As the 2014 NASCAR season heads toward the finish line, NASCAR fans will see Craven and hear his analysis on SportsCenter on the day before, day of and day after each of the three remaining races in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. "I'm completing my seventh year with ESPN and I've been challenged and rewarded," said Craven. "I've thoroughly enjoyed my experience and greatly appreciate the vote of confidence."(ESPN)(10-27-2014)

A young Ray Evernham.

B1A1YCQCUAAI9Ge.jpg:large

7 of the 8 remaining in the Chase tested @ Homestead yesterday. The only exception being Newman. RCR has already used their allotted tests for this year.

My first thought was the 48 team, but when you threw in that last bit about being surprised, I knew it would be the 24 team.
I went through that slideshow expecting Double J as well. Gordon had his day of being on that end of the spectrum but many seem to like him now. No boo's @ Martinsville for Gordon from near my seat. Johnson on the other hand.;...

Quick note on fans love or hate for drivers. Others that were there can chime in on this as well. We were able to get to our seats at Martinsville for drivers intros. From my location this is what I heard. By far, the loudest cheers were for Jr & Danica. This was followed by Jeff Gordon and Tony Stewart. Others got positive reaction as well but those were the loudest. By far, the loudest boo's were for..... GO ahead, you can guess it...... Kyle Busch. Jimmie Johnson got more boos than I thought he would especially when he was carrying and the riding in the back of a pickup truck with his little girl. I think I could see her mouthing the words..... 'Why does everyone hate you so much daddy?'. Man, just wait until Kyle's spawn is riding in the back of that F150. :D The kid will have an inferiority complex for sure. :(

Others from their seating positions may have heard different but that's my take.

Back
Top Bottom