Rate The Race: Darlington Southern 500

Don't feel bad...i was thinking about going too, but i didn't feel like driving an hour each way. But, if there hadn't been a Nascar race on i would have probably went. By the way...there is a pretty good car show at the circle here in old town Orange today.

Also the Long Beach GP of course... Missing that race too.

The race a 3.5, Larson`s effort a 9.5. Watching Larson race was the only part of this race that excited me.Time to make this race the Darlington 300. Either that or do like IndyCar and break it down to 2 races. The Nationwide race reminded me of a sprint race at the end of a night of heat races on Sat. night at my local oval track I used to go to as a kid.

I'm surprised at the low ratings. I'd say this race was an 8 - seemed like there was plenty of action throughout the race, even when ignoring the end.

Perhaps my rating is flawed since I didn't watch commercials or the cautions during commercials? I didn't watch the race live.

I'm surprised at the low ratings. I'd say this race was an 8 - seemed like there was plenty of action throughout the race, even when ignoring the end.

Perhaps my rating is flawed since I didn't watch commercials or the cautions during commercials? I didn't watch the race live.

Not so sure if you're rating is flawed or not.
I'll admit, I watch more than half the races this way.
I was out last night and saw the race as you did. Probably should've rated the race lower than I did because the race, to me, was a little uneventful in the middle parts.
But the ending, conjoined with more than a few Busch Lights in me, convinced me to rate this race a 9.

Like fenderbumper once said on one of these threads, I think I'm gonna save the 9's and 10's for the classics from now on.

Perhaps we have been at this longer than some of the raters. As recent Darlington races go this one was of special mention. Seemed everyone on the track passed, or at least tried to pass, and there were several battles going on at most if not all times. Even the green car had it's moments! I still think this season is above a 9 in total.
Betsy

To me it was perfect. This season has been awesome (even though we still race at 20 cookie cutters)

I'd always put a good race at Darlington above just about everywhere else.

Back
Top Bottom