Rate the race

DEW, that's what I heard, also. The railroad is indeed moving the track to the back of the hill.

I heard once today that the race track was to be re-paved, not re-surfaced === but that statement wasn't ever repeated.

I'll give the race an 8,would've been a 9 without the track tearing up :eek:
I hated what happened to Jeff Gordon,but was rooting for Rusty Wallace there at the end to end that winless streak.must be a load off of Rusty's mind,I see Rusty winning another race or two before the season's over,well done to Rusty's crew and glad that Rusty's legions of fans have something to really celebrate now,ENJOY :D

I believe they are getting a grant to move the tracks. I do not know if it is for the entire amount or if Campbell along with the RR folks are having to kick in some jack as well. That point was not clear.

As to the race, w/out JG taking a hit, it looked like he had the car to win.
If JJ had only pitted when everyone else did, it looked like he had the car to win. (Darn CK. :angry: He should know better. Jimmie is my guy :D )
I was happy to see Rusty finally get a win. Now maybe the media will stop asking him when he is going to win and can devote even more of their time to Lil'E. :blink:

Originally posted by barelypure@Apr 19 2004, 10:49 AM
I was happy to see Rusty finally get a win. Now maybe the media will stop asking him when he is going to win and can devote even more of their time to Lil'E. :blink:
-_- -_-

I thought it was a great race! I didn't even mind the intrmition. Gave me time to pick up the house while the wife and mungrels were out. I give it a 10!

Originally posted by racerx11@Apr 19 2004, 04:57 PM
I thought it was a great race! I didn't even mind the intrmition. Gave me time to pick up the house while the wife and mungrels were out. I give it a 10!
Wasn't it dang heavy? :bounce: :cuckoo: :cheers:

Originally posted by kat2220+Apr 19 2004, 05:04 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kat2220 @ Apr 19 2004, 05:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--racerx11@Apr 19 2004, 04:57 PM
Wasn't it dang heavy? :bounce: :cuckoo: :cheers: [/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: @ Kat,good one :D

Well if not for a fuel line problem, I felt my boy had a shot. Top 5 for sure. :rolleyes: Good race though. I give it a 10. B)

Glad to see ya got Muttly out of hiding LOL

Attachments

• Penelope_Pitstop.jpg
    Penelope_Pitstop.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 107
Originally posted by kat2220@Apr 19 2004, 09:49 PM
Ya , I forgot I still had the handgunn out over here. :p

Originally posted by pbunch+Apr 19 2004, 07:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pbunch @ Apr 19 2004, 07:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--kat2220@Apr 19 2004, 09:49 PM
Ya , I forgot I still had the handgunn out over here. :p [/b][/quote]
And you didn't lose all your posts like a couple of us did!! :D

Originally posted by DE_Wrangler_2+Apr 19 2004, 10:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DE_Wrangler_2 @ Apr 19 2004, 10:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -pbunch@Apr 19 2004, 07:53 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--kat2220
@Apr 19 2004, 09:49 PM

Ya , I forgot I still had the handgunn out over here. :p
And you didn't lose all your posts like a couple of us did!! :D [/b][/quote]
Did you two bow down and plead like I did? ^_^ ;) :lol:

WHATTA RACE !!!!!! Give it a 9.5 !!! WHATTA RACE !!!!!! Newman and Gordon racing side by side, lap after lap, ya gotta hand it to both of them.

The usual whimps and whiners didn't even spoil it, but sure did make themselves look bad with on-track antics. Score, 41 adults and 2 children.

There was real good racing Sunday at Martinsville. And thank you NASCAR for sticking by the rule of not permitting work under the red flag or giving the position back when JGordons car was damaged by the concrete and the red flag was flying. This way if something similar happens in the future, there is a precedent. Good call.

All in all, this was real, honest to goodenss, down home, out and out, hard core, hell-bent-for-leather, Saturday night style, patience is a virtue, no holds barred, RACING !!!!!!!! WHOOPIE !!!!!!!!!

Guess you can tell I liked it. :rolleyes:

5, not bad, could've used a vampire or something.

Congrats Rusty!

Originally posted by kat2220@Apr 20 2004, 08:07 PM
Good call Whizzer, but you didn't rate it????
As posted by Whizzer:&nbsp; WHATTA RACE !!!!!! Give it a 9.5 !!! WHATTA RACE !!!!!!
Oh, yes he did, kat.

Oh, and I have to agree with Whiz! :)

Back
Top Bottom