Silly Season For 2017

You do know NOS is made by Monster, right? You know, the company that's so unhappy with NASCAR that they're gonna sponsor its top series for the next several years?

You do know that we are talking about Xfinity right? You know the series that could potentially lose sponsorship....

You do know that we are talking about Xfinity right? You know the series that could potentially lose sponsorship....
They'll be fine. The Nationwide/Xfinity series has been a joke the last 10 years or so, people might start watching Xfinity again if they know there's less of a chance of a Cup guy being 10 seconds ahead of the field. The series existed before the Kyle Busch's of the world came down to beat up on the regulars every week, and it'll survive now too.

They'll be fine. The Nationwide/Xfinity series has been a joke the last 10 years or so, people might start watching Xfinity again if they know there's less of a chance of a Cup guy being 10 seconds ahead of the field. The series existed before the Kyle Busch's of the world came down to beat up on the regulars every week, and it'll survive now too.

....so if it will be fine, why mess with it? I know this discussion goes around and around until the point where it is stupid, so here's what I think should happen. Make the "lower series" developmental series with an emphasis on younger talent. You have to keep the Cup and old dudes out (yeah, I said that--and I would hate it, but that's where I think the thing should go--should is different than want--I like it the way it is because I like watching Kyle drive as much as possible). If you leave a company like NOS with the prospect of sponsoring a hot young shoe....and the Cuppers--both retired and existing--are out of it, they will gravitate to the guys that are getting the screen time, and that would be the winners. I do believe that the lower series would achieve a state of equilibrium. My bottom line is this---NASCAR has to choose what they want those series to be. This bull**** of names are made here, and then people tune in to see the names already made is contradictory and confusing. The issue is not which path....the issue is pick a ****** path! IMO, of course.

....so if it will be fine, why mess with it? I know this discussion goes around and around until the point where it is stupid, so here's what I think should happen. Make the "lower series" developmental series with an emphasis on younger talent. You have to keep the Cup and old dudes out (yeah, I said that--and I would hate it, but that's where I think the thing should go--should is different than want--I like it the way it is because I like watching Kyle drive as much as possible). If you leave a company like NOS with the prospect of sponsoring a hot young shoe....and the Cuppers--both retired and existing--are out of it, they will gravitate to the guys that are getting the screen time, and that would be the winners. I do believe that the lower series would achieve a state of equilibrium. My bottom line is this---NASCAR has to choose what they want those series to be. This bull**** of names are made here, and then people tune in to see the names already made is contradictory and confusing. The issue is not which path....the issue is pick a ******* path! IMO, of course.

Did you not watch NASCAR before Kyle Busch?

....so if it will be fine, why mess with it? I know this discussion goes around and around until the point where it is stupid, so here's what I think should happen. Make the "lower series" developmental series with an emphasis on younger talent. You have to keep the Cup and old dudes out (yeah, I said that--and I would hate it, but that's where I think the thing should go--should is different than want--I like it the way it is because I like watching Kyle drive as much as possible). If you leave a company like NOS with the prospect of sponsoring a hot young shoe....and the Cuppers--both retired and existing--are out of it, they will gravitate to the guys that are getting the screen time, and that would be the winners. I do believe that the lower series would achieve a state of equilibrium. My bottom line is this---NASCAR has to choose what they want those series to be. This bull**** of names are made here, and then people tune in to see the names already made is contradictory and confusing. The issue is not which path....the issue is pick a ******* path! IMO, of course.
I have picked a path...you can declare to run for a championship in any of the three series, whichever you choose, you can run as many races as you want. If you're running for a Cup title (or whatever the series will be called now), your involvement in the lower series' should be limited. It's not that hard.

Funny thing, NASCAR has picked the same path.

I have picked a path...you can declare to run for a championship in any of the three series, whichever you choose, you can run as many races as you want. If you're running for a Cup title (or whatever the series will be called now), your involvement in the lower series' should be limited. It's not that hard.

Funny thing, NASCAR has picked the same path.

Name made here...Greg Biffle? Hmmmmm

I wasn't alluding to Kyle either, you asked what the discussion was about.

Yeah, Elliott is a Cup driver in my mind as well. Biff is a Cup driver--whether or not he signs a contract to race Cup is irrelevant to me. Kyle Busch has a Cup contract. What difference does it make on Saturday? None....unless a certain driver is not loved.

Why the frig do you keep bringing up Kyle Busch? I don't care.

If a non Cup driving Biffle and Sadler are still Cup drivers "in your mind" then I don't know what to tell you. "Your mind" doesn't make it true. Biffle's potential situation has nothing to do with the Cup drivers being limited from running the lower divisions too much so we're really chasing our tails here.

We all have our favorites, but honestly if you could tone down the fanboy/homer mentality you have with KyBu that would be great. Remember this is a NASCAR forum, not just a Kyle Busch themed lovefest.

How dare you ask someone to be objective?!?!? Be prepared for some comment about muppets or happy meals or something. It's always about Kyle Busch, we're just a bunch of haters :rolleyes:

*adjusts Hendrick Motorsports 12-time Champions cap*

This "buschwacker" thing has been done to death in previous threads. I sure hope you guys go to all the Arca races because they are exactly what Busch races were , before Cup drivers and companion races were added to the mix .

We all have our favorites, but honestly if you could tone down the fanboy/homer mentality you have with KyBu that would be great. Remember this is a NASCAR forum, not just a Kyle Busch themed lovefest.

Get a sense of humor Sparky. I mean seriously...and no, my bias isn't going anywhere. I'll put money on it that the ratio of hate to my fanboi is 1:1. Just seen differently by this objective board.

Last edited:
You seem to be confused by the difference between fact and opinion. Yours is an opinion as is mine. Validity is perceived through context. The context here is that Kyle Busch is damaging the series, thus your position is perceived as fact. Keep an open mind.......
Is Reed Sorenson damaging the X series? Justin Allgaier? J.J. Yeley? Jeff Green? Derrick Cope? Morgan Shepherd?

How many races for points must a driver start at the Cup level before you consider him no longer a lower-tier driver? How long must a driver be out of a Cup ride before you consider him no longer a Cup driver (if ever)?

Is Reed Sorenson damaging the X series? Justin Allgaier? J.J. Yeley? Jeff Green? Derrick Cope? Morgan Shepherd?

How many races for points must a driver start at the Cup level before you consider him no longer a lower-tier driver? How long must a driver be out of a Cup ride before you consider him no longer a Cup driver (if ever)?

Don't know how many times I have to say this....Come one, come all. Let drivers drive where they want.

its more the low corporate interest in the Busch series and the lower rating then KB AND JL

Did I say he was?
If you didn't, then I'm even more confused than usual. If that wasn't your position, then never mind anything I may have replied to you for the couple of pages.

I'll confess to having avoid this goat-rope for as long as possible. I'll drag myself out of this quagmire and hope against hope this sucker returns to original topic before the 2017 season actually starts.

If you didn't, then I'm even more confused than usual. If that wasn't your position, then never mind anything I may have replied to you for the couple of pages.

I'll confess to having avoid this goat-rope for as long as possible. I'll drag myself out of this quagmire and hope against hope this sucker returns to original topic before the 2017 season actually starts.

Yeah, me too. Let's get the hell out of here because it has gone stupid. Beer?:cheers:

First you said:

And then later on the very same page you said:

You keep morphing your position to deflect whatever other people are saying at any given time.

You are taking my comments out of context. You are not alone. Join me for a beer? :cheers: Merry Christmas!

You are taking my comments out of context. You are not alone. Join me for a beer? :cheers: Merry Christmas!

Hey, no hard feelings, I'm just sayin' it seems like until this place becomes "Kyle Busch Chat" it feels like you'll never rest. And good on you for saying Merry Christmas instead of "happy holidays". I like that.

Hey, no hard feelings, I'm just sayin' it seems like until this place becomes "Kyle Busch Chat" it feels like you'll never rest. And good on you for saying Merry Christmas instead of "happy holidays". I like that.

Right back at you man! I get pretty excited about all of this, and yeah, probably throw one (million?) too many references to Kyle into the mix. Despite some very unkind DM's and posts, I have never done it to attack anyone. Just love this sport, and I am passionate about the parts of it I root for! All good buddy! Enjoyed the exchange!

Right back at you man! I get pretty excited about all of this, and yeah, probably throw one (million?) too many references to Kyle into the mix. Despite some very unkind DM's and posts, I have never done it to attack anyone. Just love this sport, and I am passionate about the parts of it I root for! All good buddy! Enjoyed the exchange!
We can all see you are very passionate about the sport...... (and Kyle).......but... JEEZ man ..... you are fixin' to have the Fred Sanford Big One........

Great new brand out of western VA / NC called Bold Rock. The Carolina Apple (Granny Smith) is lighter and more refreshing than Angry Orchard or Woodchuck; about 1/4 fewer calories and 4.7% APV. There's one by the keyboard as I type this. The IPA ("India Pressed Apples) variety is hopped and again lighter than the hopped AO.

Great new brand out of western VA / NC called Bold Rock. The Carolina Apple (Granny Smith) is lighter and more refreshing than Angry Orchard or Woodchuck; about 1/4 fewer calories and 4.7% APV. There's one by the keyboard as I type this. The IPA ("India Pressed Apples) variety is hopped and again lighter than the hopped AO.

....getting thirsty all of a sudden.....

What happened to just ole Red labeled Budweiser..... the beer that all true American Rednecks like me drink..... the ones who whoop and holler at the race track....... the uneducated b@@@ards that voted for Trump.....

J/K........

I couldnt resist to throw that in........

Hey, knock yourself out. I have nothing against Bud; at least, nothing more or less than I have against any other beverage I can't personally appreciate. Whoop and holler all you want, but sit yourself down a few laps after the restarts, please; some of us are trying to watch the race!

Damn, I don't know whats good or bad anymore. I spent years in therapy to get the voices out of my head, joined this forum and the voices are all back.:sarcasm:

Must be nice. Mine are all still in my head but they refuse to talk to me any more, just each other. Last week they sent out for a fourth for bridge.

Hey, knock yourself out. I have nothing against Bud; at least, nothing more or less than I have against any other beverage I can't personally appreciate. Whoop and holler all you want, but sit yourself down a few laps after the restarts, please; some of us are trying to watch the race!
LOL.... From now on...... I'll try to be as politicaly correct and concerned about my fellow racing fans as is humanly possible... until the start of the racing season....... :rolleyes:

Updates 12/21

23 Joey Gase/???- BK Racing - has charter, Sounds like Gase will be part time with someone else TBD.
30 ??? Josh Wise/Gray Gaulding - The Motorsports Group (TMG) - No charter
32 Matt DiBenedetto - Go Fas Racing - leased charter to the 21, has a charter on lease from the 44.
33 ??? Casey Mears - Circle Sport Racing - Must use or sell charter, cannot lease it
34 Landon Cassill - Front Row Motorsports - has charter
37 Chris Beuscher - JTGD - has charter
38 David Ragan - Front Row Motorsports - has charter

44 RPM - leased charter to the 32, folded up shop for 2017.
83 ???- BK Racing - has charter
55/98 ???- Premium Motorsports - gets charter back from HSM 46

About Joey Gase and BK
http://www.racer.com/nascar/item/137301-nascar-gase-joins-bk-racing

Back
Top Bottom