The Eliminator Round

SlicedBread22

#TeamJL

I don't know about you guys but this commercial has me pumped!

Is it Sunday yet?

pacing.gif

I'm pumped for this weekend simply because it's Martinsville, the best short track NASCAR has on it's schedule.

Bestwick: The eliminator round is here! And I want to be CAUSHIONS!

Possibly handing a trophy to a guy who has never won a race is like handing the last place team in baseball just because he beat the division winner in 1 game. A joke!

It has been suggested that the chase was a result of Keneth's championship. If Kenseth wins, it would show that consistency still counts as much as wins. (I think consistency over a long season is important - consistency reflects how good the team is).

Is this called the Eliminator round because NASCAR is going to see how many more fans they can eliminate in the next 3 races? ;)

I think they lost a ton of long time fans because of the new format. Now they are hoping it attracts new fans, something they haven't been able to do for a decade.

I think they lost a ton of long time fans because of the new format. Now they are hoping it attracts new fans, something they haven't been able to do for a decade.
Their only hope for new (younger) fans is marketing Larson & Elliott.

& dropping ticket prices.

Some people just don't like change because its change. I think the new chase will attract more viewers.

But this is the first year of it. I watched most of the Talladega race for the first time in my life. And I am going to Homestead for the first time ever. 1 example. I am sure there are others.

I agree. The racing was better right from the start. As soon as a guy got a win, he just went for wins. I didn't hear many 'but it was a good points day' until the chase started, and that was mainly from the slow JGR and Roush cars.

I vote yes on the new format. If a legit guy wins the championship, that would be great. If it's a limper like Carl, Denny or Newman...oh well.

Their only hope for new (younger) fans is marketing Larson & Elliott.

& dropping ticket prices.

Or advertise the cost for attending a race against attending a ball game, where parking fee's are insane and you can't BYOB and food.

I gotta say, whilst this chase format is not how I would prefer to see any motorsport series run, the racing has been good.

For me, I am really enjoying every race. Next weekend we leave to come over for Phoenix, I am hoping on this race being a real do or die for Homestead and look forward to it...... actually, I look forward to any of this. Never gets old!

But this is the first year of it. I watched most of the Talladega race for the first time in my life. And I am going to Homestead for the first time ever. 1 example. I am sure there are others.
The first year of the last chase format (2011) did generate a bump in viewership over 2010. This one in its first year is generating double-digit percentage decreases in viewership every week.

The first year of the last chase format (2011) did generate a bump in viewership over 2010. This one in its first year is generating double-digit percentage decreases in viewership every week.

so were 1st 2 games in '14 world series . ??

Possibly handing a trophy to a guy who has never won a race is like handing the last place team in baseball just because he beat the division winner in 1 game. A joke!

My own thoughts:

Ryan Newman is winless and sitting third in points going into The Eliminator Round. This is in an era of The Chase where winning is everything and points racing is eliminated.

I honestly hope Ryan Newman wins the Championship without a single win, because watching Brian France sweat and stumble through a half-ass explanation of how the new Chase format failed to stop a winless driver from being crowned is going to be fun to watch.

My own thoughts:

Ryan Newman is winless and sitting third in points going into The Eliminator Round. This is in an era of The Chase where winning is everything and points racing is eliminated.

I honestly hope Ryan Newman wins the Championship without a single win, because watching Brian France sweat and stumble through a half-ass explanation of how the new Chase format failed to stop a winless driver from being crowned is going to be fun to watch.

but points reset for them I thought right? So Newman not really in 3rd?

so were 1st 2 games in '14 world series . ??
Small sample size and TV ratings in head-to-head sports are more dependent on matchups as well. TBS did have their most-watched postseason since 2010 this October.

That said, I expect it to get even worse next season with the move to FS1 and NBCSN. The Giants/Cardinals NLCS on FS1 had the lowest LCS TV rating ever and was down 42% in viewership (!) from FOX's ALCS last season.

Back when his spine was hella solid
This was about when he turned it around last year. From the first Michigan race through Talladega he had one Top 10, then he went 7th-7th-28th (qualified 2nd)-1st in the final four races.

Back when his spine was hella solid

I still can't believe the wall he hit did not have a SAFER barrier. I still can't believe that NASCAR hadn't passed a moratorium that every track on the NASCAR schedule are to install SAFER barrier on EVERY inch of wall on the track or lose their race date.

But then again, the current leaders of NASCAR don't have the balls to actually do something about driver safety unless a big name driver....****** dies.

My own thoughts:

Yeah. I was kinda hoping for the same thing. It'd be the only way to get rid of the new Chase format.

Back
Top Bottom