The Eliminator Round

Small sample size and TV ratings in head-to-head sports are more dependent on matchups as well. TBS did have their most-watched postseason since 2010 this October.

That said, I expect it to get even worse next season with the move to FS1 and NBCSN. The Giants/Cardinals NLCS on FS1 had the lowest LCS TV rating ever and was down 42% in viewership (!) from FOX's ALCS last season.

fs1 / nbcsn are "building / growing " brand new sports cable networks ! they ain't fox / nbc major networks ! can't compare tha 2 !
they realize that fact ........thus tha 10 yr nascar contracts for both !
low ratins are built into tha biz growth model for both.

now........if after several yrs in ....and no improvement .....whole lotta folks gonna be lookin for new career ! ha!

Yeah. I was kinda hoping for the same thing. It'd be the only way to get rid of the new Chase format.

actually .....if newman were ta win tha championship ......specially w/ no race wins .......nascar would reap loads of extra exposure / media they'd never get w/ ex champs 2 / 24 / 20.
" newman wins championship with no race win ! "

america luvs an underdog victor ! he'd be on lots more mornin & late nite major net shows than usual .......etc...etc
"how did you win championship w/o a race win ? " we want ta know !
public would luv his humble demeanor !

you anti chase fellers need ta look ahead .....not down at ya knee jerk .....if ya gonna be makin predictions ! ha!

note---not pickin on you nathan ......just tha ole nitwits here that are draggin ya into their web ! :D

I actually enjoy going on this site. I think it's not as bad as some of the other places. I actually started doing this cause I was getting tired of hearing the commentators, people like that, shill about how great the new chase is. "That's the thing. It comes down to the 4 best drivers at Homestead."

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually enjoy going on this site. I think it's not as bad as some of the other places. I actually started doing this cause I was getting tired of hearing the commentators, people like that, shill about how great the new chase is. "That's the thing. It comes down to the 4 best drivers at Homestead."

i was obviously too late ! ha! carry on young man !
still gonna be best of final 4 at homestead ......no matter what anti chase knee jerkers espouse ! :D

Anti-chase knee jerkers. I think both sides can be pretty lacking in logic. To say that just cause Brian France changed the format and says it's more exciting......that it means it is....

Last edited by a moderator:
Anti-chase knee jerkers. I think both sides can be pretty lacking in logic. To say that just cause Brian France changed the format and says it's more exciting......that it means it is....

?? logic ??
1 side employs 1,000's of folks .
tha other side sits in their underwear typin on a computer .

hhhmmmm ?????

imagine if Kez wins it all...we will never hear the end of ole donkey butt. "I was almost out, and I fought back, I am the greatest etc etc"

I mean I know he can drive but his personality is as attractive as his facial structure.

Some people just don't like change because its change. I think the new chase will attract more viewers.
I also think it will attract new viewers and some old ones. I mean, the chase in general turned a lot of people off but many stuck around.
Then, JJ won 800 championships and people were just weary and tuned it out. Couple that with a year or two of bad packages which hurt the racing some and it's no wonder viewership dropped.
I believe that this format, with the excitement it creates, along with the great racing we've been seeing, will eventually lure people back.

Well, i mean if they have the guts to stick it out a few years. What am I talking about? They're already changing the cars again.
Guess we'll see.

actually .....if newman were ta win tha championship ......specially w/ no race wins .......nascar would reap loads of extra exposure / media they'd never get w/ ex champs 2 / 24 / 20.
" newman wins championship with no race win ! "

america luvs an underdog victor ! he'd be on lots more mornin & late nite major net shows than usual .......etc...etc
"how did you win championship w/o a race win ? " we want ta know !
public would luv his humble demeanor !

you anti chase fellers need ta look ahead .....not down at ya knee jerk .....if ya gonna be makin predictions ! ha!

note---not pickin on you nathan ......just tha ole nitwits here that are draggin ya into their web ! :D
The exposure would the lulz directed at NASCAR for yet another winless champion, following Dillon's awe-inspiring winless Nationwide campaign last year. It would be quite boring and would fly directly in the face of what NASCAR supposedly wanted to emphasize.

Back
Top Bottom