The Spongebob 400 ??

50064249.jpg

This has gotta be to appeal to the kids. but I wonder what the drivers think

Remember when NASCAR races had names like the Southern 500, or the Dixie 500?

Pepperidge Farms remember.

Remember when NASCAR was just a regional sport that wasn't televised and nobody outside the Carolinas gavea damn about it.

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Name one kid that is going to stay for a 400 mile race. You want to get kids interested, get them interested in go-kart racing.

I was that kid. Loved when my dad said "get in the car" and took us to Charlotte County Speedway or when we went to the races at Homestead-Miami Speedway.

Sounds a lot better than the "No Sponsor 400" and the "Not trying to get kids hooked on racing 400"
I don't get it either. Really? I mean, we're at the point when we're bitching about the sponsor of the race? That make a lot of sense. I guess on this board it does.

Years ago I went to Charlotte for the 600. It was when the Sponge Bob movie was released. They played it to an audience in turn #2 at the speedway. Lots of us rednecks showed up to see it setting some kind of record for the movie premiere. I don't get the resentment.

Remember when NASCAR was just a regional sport that wasn't televised and nobody outside the Carolinas gavea damn about it.

I have never been shy in saying I enjoyed Nascar much more when it was primarily a southeastern sport. When I first started attending Bristol I think the seating capacity was around 37K and it and other Carolina tracks were more like local short tracks on steroids. People sounded like Ward Burton instead of Ward Cleaver and life was good.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: I never said the racing was better or anything remotely of that nature. I simply stated I liked it better and I understand others will think differently.

I don't get it either. Really? I mean, we're at the point when we're bitching about the sponsor of the race? That make a lot of sense. I guess on this board it does.

Years ago I went to Charlotte for the 600. It was when the Sponge Bob movie was released. They played it to an audience in turn #2 at the speedway. Lots of us rednecks showed up to see it setting some kind of record for the movie premiere. I don't get the resentment.

This is Racing-Forums.com, where NASCAR fans hate everything about NASCAR. :XXROFL:

I can't speak for others but I don't even remember what the newfangled names for races or sports stadiums are. They could have a race called the Aural Sects 500 as far as I'm concerned. I do remember many of the names from the older seasons as many times they sponsored the race for many years.

You mean, when they raced primarily on short tracks with the 1.5 mile tracks being the exception rather than the norm?

Actually....I wouldn't mind bringing that back.

I really don't see what the problem is? It's way better than something controversial like the NRA 500 or the Duck Commander 500. I think the logo is nice. Hopefully this gets some families from around the area to give NASCAR a shot:

B_HnM_uVEAApmIU.jpg
HUH? The Robertson bunch will be back at TMS on April 11th at the Duck Commander 500. I think It's cool that they're spending a wheelbarrow full of money and bringing a lot of positive exposure to our sport.

HUH? The Robertson bunch will be back at TMS on April 11th at the Duck Commander 500. I think It's cool that they're spending a wheelbarrow full of money and bringing a lot of positive exposure to our sport.
I don't have anything to say about them personally but all I remember is that the last two spring Texas races have put NASCAR in the spotlight for the wrong reasons.

I don't have anything to say about them personally but all I remember is that the last two spring Texas races have put NASCAR in the spotlight for the wrong reasons.
Not really. They got positive exposure and bang for their buck or they wouldn't be back. They know the value of a dollar and they have many millions of followers.

Not really. They got positive exposure and bang for their buck or they wouldn't be back. They know the value of a dollar and they have many millions of followers.
I don't doubt they got good money for it, but I remember a good number of people being pissed off. The timing of it all was pretty poor too.

I don't doubt they got good money for it, but I remember a good number of people being pissed off. The timing of it all was pretty poor too.
YMMV but I believe that there were many more that either didn't care one way or the other or liked it. It seems to me that it was a short lived outcry by the usual suspects. Either way I personally think that It's a good investment for them, the track and positive exposure for us.

Back
Top Bottom