Tony Stewart running over someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether one supports or riles against Tony Stewart it matters not in the least. The only fact that I'm sure of is, One man lost his life and the others has changed in unimaginable proportions of conception.

They probably could have saved themselves a lot of time had they just asked the video and accident experts that frequent this forum.
Amen to this.
I fully support Tony Steward and his decision not to step into a race car at this time.
I also mourn for the family of Kevin Ward Jr.

Both sides need time to heal and we as people need to respect this. We as a racing nation need to unify and stop this nonsense along with the media!!!!

good luck with that. We had a flood of newbes who came on here for just that, to stir the pot. Human nature..not the best human nature mind ya. But it is our job IMO to dispel all the harpies making up what if's? and stick with the facts. Can't control the press, IMO the press has done more damage to America than Politicians greasing their palms with our money, and most have done so with this incident for racing, unless they are getting a check to report on racing they report any crap they think will keep readers interested in the latest blues facts be damned. Nobody is calling them on their crap, but you can here in this forum.

I dont understand why the investigation is taking so long. It seems like video evidence is all they have along with Tonys account that he provided afterwards. Other eyewitness accounts probably are subjective and discounted, disqualified or unusable based on conflicting accounts.
Take ESPN's coverage of this incident for what it's worth, but the day after the incident they had on a legal expert who said it would probably be the end of the month before any new details or findings are released, and it's looking like that might be the case.

Usually they do toxicology in these incidents. Maybe they just want to wait for those results. Typically they take a few weeks to come back. Why does it matter how long they take? Isnt the most important thing that they do the most thorough investigation possible? I mean we all for the most part want this thing to wrap up and hope to see Stewart return after, but I would rather they take as long as necessary to get it right. I dont think the investigators are all that concerned with how long it is taking as much as they are concerned with getting it right. Especially after they came out almost immediately and said that there are no signs of any intent only to return to the "replay booth."

They clearly made that statement entirely too early.

Usually they do toxicology in these incidents. Maybe they just want to wait for those results. Typically they take a few weeks to come back. Why does it matter how long they take? Isnt the most important thing that they do the most thorough investigation possible? I mean we all for the most part want this thing to wrap up and hope to see Stewart return after, but I would rather they take as long as necessary to get it right. I dont think the investigators are all that concerned with how long it is taking as much as they are concerned with getting it right. Especially after they came out almost immediately and said that there are no signs of any intent only to return to the "replay booth."

They clearly made that statement entirely too early.

I want a through investigation. I just dont want it dragged out forever. Unfortunately I dont think everyone looks at it as innocent until proven guilty.

(The following not directed at you or meant to be argumentative, just an extension of my thoughts). Prior to this event I had been one of Tonys harshest critics over his behavior, it isn't like Tony was a personal favorite. But the right to a speedy trial is important too. The Ward family deserves a through investigation and the comprehensive report should be provided. I dont know if there can ever be closure for them but they should know that a serious fact finding investigation was conducted.

But I also feel to a lesser degree deserves the same in a timely manner.

Not sure if I have articulated my points well enough but I think Tony desrves to be cleared or charged, and it should happen before he is too old for it to matter. As in before 2015 a racer has a shelf life as well*.

*I do not want to disrespect Kevin Ward I hope I am not coming across that way. He paid a greater price and lost his life. But that doesn't invalidate Tonys rights.

I've been pretty much in the outer limits since I first received news of this situation. Bottom line, if they bring charges of any kind they will have to be proven, if necessary Tony will have his day in court. Tony and only Tony will take the medicine prescribed or walk by the grace of the court. He's got one hell of a long row to hoe and I hope he's a better man for it no matter the conclusion. As mentioned before Richard Petty was involved in the death of an eight year old spectator and pulled through, he knows all to well the hell Tony is walking through this very moment.

The Ontario County (N.Y.) Police Department is in the final stages of its investigation into the death of Kevin Ward Jr., but there is no timetable yet for its completion, a department spokesperson told FOXSports.com Monday morning.

Officer Nathaniel Ross, the OCPD's Senior Communications Officer, said Monday morning that the police are "finishing up" the Ward investigation. Asked if there was a timetable for when it would be completed and when the findings would be made public, Ross said, "Not that I'm aware of."

from here

The Ontario County (N.Y.) Police Department is in the final stages of its investigation into the death of Kevin Ward Jr., but there is no timetable yet for its completion, a department spokesperson told FOXSports.com Monday morning.

Officer Nathaniel Ross, the OCPD's Senior Communications Officer, said Monday morning that the police are "finishing up" the Ward investigation. Asked if there was a timetable for when it would be completed and when the findings would be made public, Ross said, "Not that I'm aware of."

from here
Hopefully the investigation will clear Tony of any wrong doing. I am a little skeptical with the length of the investigation and how besides a statement, we haven't heard anything from Stewart himself. I am happy to see that support for him seems to growing outside the racing community though.

Spokesman Denies Rumors Of Stewart's Return

A spokesman for Tony Stewart is denying reports that the three-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion will test a car this week, and could return to competition Sunday at Atlanta Motor Speedway.

from here

I dont know if I'm gonna watch the pre-race show the day he returns. I hope they focus on the race & not this story. Nobody wants to re-live it.

I dont know if I'm gonna watch the pre-race show the day he returns. I hope they focus on the race & not this story. Nobody wants to re-live it.
Meanwhile, back in the real world, it seems as though Chex is not watching the pre-race show the day Tony returns to the sport.

Unless Kyle goes completely off the deep end that day, the Tony story will be relived over and over that day. I don't doubt that for a second.

As of 9 a.m. ET Thursday morning, the Ontario County (N.Y.) Sheriff's Department does not plan to release any new information Thursday on its investigation into the death of Kevin Ward Jr., a department representative told FOXSports.com.

Meanwhile, a spokesman for Stewart-Haas Racing said if there is an update Thursday on who will drive the No. 14 SHR Chevrolet at Atlanta Motor Speedway this weekend, that announcement would come late this afternoon.

from here

Tony has controlled the press almost all of his career. I bet about all there will be are reporters telling us what we already know, there won't be a one on one "exclusive" interview. Can't stop that from happening ad nausea.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, it seems as though Chex is not watching the pre-race show the day Tony returns to the sport.

Unless Kyle goes completely off the deep end that day, the Tony story will be relived over and over that day. I don't doubt that for a second.

GO KYLE BUSCH

If you show up here you will have to hear about the pre-race show, you might just as well watch it

Tony Stewart will return to race at Atlanta this weekend

Three-time Sprint Cup Series champion Tony Stewart will return to racing this weekend at Atlanta Motor Speedway, Stewart-Haas Racing announced Thursday.

Stewart had missed three consecutive races in NASCAR's premier series since he struck and killed Kevin Ward Jr. on Aug. 9 during a sprint car race at Canandaigua Motorsports Park in upstate New York.

After spinning out, Ward exited his race car and was walking down the dirt track under caution when Stewart's car hit him.

Ontario County (N.Y.) Sheriff Philip Povero said Aug. 12 the investigation into Ward's death would take at least two more weeks. A spokeswoman for the sheriff's office said Tuesday there was nothing new to report on the status of the investigation.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...tlanta-motor-speedway-kevin-ward-jr/14676639/

Please let there be a Tony Stewart press conference this weekend. For the love of everything right, please let there be one. And someone please ask him about his thoughts on the national mainstream media. This would be better than Lewis Black.

BwJzGVqCMAAo25Z.jpg:large

@jeff_gluck

Ontario County (N.Y.) Sheriff's Office says nothing new to report on Tony Stewart investigation at this moment.

I wouldn't have thought he would be back until the findings were released.

Never the less it will be great to see him back.

Let the circus begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom