Tony Stewart running over someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SB, grief has no "time frame" ---- believe me.
I agree and I think Tony is scarred for life, I am sorry that he has had to go through this ordeal.

But that pain will be there in 2015 and 2016 as well. And the haters will be there too and the media will ask the most insensitive questions possible, regardless of timing.

I hope Tony will be able resume with living his life soon. It will not be easy but life doesnt wait, it keeps moving. Staying away just seems like a self imposed punishment to me. A self imposed punitive act that helps no one including Tony.

I dont want to disrespect Wards lost life but Tony current departure is of no benefit in that regard. And I dont want the self appointed yappers that want to punish Tony to be allowed to enjoy his absence either.

Somehow, I feel that whatever Tony bumped into or caused the wreck the night he exploded his leg has been the force behind all that has transpired since. This has been some bizarre and twilight zone type happenings. He had nothing to prove the night it happened or any night since and now it looks like his love for the dirt has successfully brought him down and covered him up.

Let's let this play out before we bury Tony's career. This place is brutal. :(
For the most part I've avoided this thread... and discussions about it anywhere really... not my favorite topic to discuss... It will be good if it can be buried and everyone move on ... I'd like to see Tony back in the car and hope it happens sooner than later.

Let's let this play out before we bury Tony's career. This place is brutal. :(

I agree, it's the waiting part that sucks the most. Whatever decision the DA brings will at least be a new starting point one way or the other, it will then be time to move on. I'm just hoping for the best and no disrespect for the Wards and their loss.

Take this for what it's worth. But a buddy of mine knows some people withing the inner circle of NASCAR. He texted me an hour ago saying the word is Stewart is strongly considering retiring and an announcement could come as early as Friday. But some of his closest friends (Zippy, Harvick, etc.) are trying to discourage him from making that decision now. Like I said, that's what is being talked about in the NASCAR circles. Personally, I don't want him to retire. Racing is his life and I don't know what he'd do if he quits now. I'm afraid he'd become a hermit and just sit in his house.

Take this for what it's worth. But a buddy of mine knows some people withing the inner circle of NASCAR. He texted me an hour ago saying the word is Stewart is strongly considering retiring and an announcement could come as early as Friday. But some of his closest friends (Zippy, Harvick, etc.) are trying to discourage him from making that decision now. Like I said, that's what is being talked about in the NASCAR circles. Personally, I don't want him to retire. Racing is his life and I don't know what he'd do if he quits now. I'm afraid he'd become a hermit and just sit in his house.
That would piss me off.

I really don't want to see Tony quit racing, but it wouldn't surprise me if this was his last year of his career. It's a shame to go out like that, in my opinion he is one of the greatest drivers in history but he'll always have a dark cloud hanging over his head.

I really don't want to see Tony quit racing, but it wouldn't surprise me if this was his last year of his career. It's a shame to go out like that, in my opinion he is one of the greatest drivers in history but he'll always have a dark cloud hanging over his head.
Petty came back, so can Stewart. Accidents happen, this ain't choir practice

He should really give it some time. Take the rest of the year off and see where his head is at come February.

Yeah but mostly from the dumbasses, mostly journalists, that spread unfounded rumors and plain lies about what happened. That is my opinion.
I really do hope he gets his head right and comes back breathing fire like the Tony we all know.

That would be really unfortunate. I hope Tony takes Harvick and Zippy's advice and holds off on making such a decision until he's had enough time to fully process everything that's happened.

I think once Tony is in a better place mentally, and the Ward family has found it in them to forgive him, seeing Tony back on the track will bring some small amount of closure to all involved.

Carrying that kind of pain and grief can take people to very dark places. Finding room in our hearts to forgive but never forgetting can be a healthy step in moving forward. I for one hope to see all parties involved able to forgive and move forward together. As we all know life must go on, but I don't want this to hang over the families forever.

I believe it's our responsibility as a racing community to promote healing and forgiveness for all involved and not to fan the flames of grief.

I find it interesting that "we" have an opinion on what tony should do. None of us are living his life. Maybe he loves racing as much as it has been chronciled and maybe this event has sucked all of that away. If Tony chooses to not return to the car I would hope that people can support his decision. We dont have to understand it. I surely dont, but I dont react in a similar manner to death as most do. Death does not effect me. As I have gotten older and have seen it occur from my Dad to my Godmother to my cousins 2 year old daughter I have come to the understanding that death no matter how it happens is inevitable. While I dont understand the thought process of someone allowing the inevitable to take away something they love I can respect it. We all should respect it. None of us can truly know what will be "best" for Tony Stewart. Some want to say that he needs to get back into the car. How can we know that? Its all our opinion and in this matter for the people involved our opinion means nothing. It is not our choice and really we all need to just let it play out. I cannot begin to understand what anyone involved is going through. For my own selfish reasons I would like to see Tony resume his career, but that has zero bearing on his decision and none of us will know where he is at mentally as it pertains to life or the meger role that racing plays in the grand scheme of things.

Hopefully whatever he chooses is what he feels is best suited for him.

As far as the media and the criticism, he is going to endure it for the rest of his career. Justifiably so. He is a name of significant notoriety and by either his own or no fault of his own has found himself in the epicenter of what is a scandal. Has there been shotty media coverage and unimformed opinions? Yes. There is always this. We have it every 4 years when we vote in our President. The media is what it is and you cannot take away what thy have the right to report on. Its up to the informed people and the people involved to sift through the garbage and educate themselves to form there own opinion.

If Stewart retires, I'll be forced to abandon this thread and not participate in any threads regarding Stewart's retirement. It will be difficult to keep my big mouth shut.

This is the best decision for both Tony and the Wards at this time. Might he know there will be no decision forthcoming from the DA's office until next week??? I don't know. It's going to be a long road back for Tony when the time comes but I'd imagine his dirt dabbling may be over.

we were talking about this today at work, I said that he would race again this year, the others didn't think so. I can't believe that he would retire.

What's done is done, no turning the clock back on this one. I can't see the man sitting around wallowing away from a self imposed exile from something he loves. He'll face some hard choices along the way and the going won't be easy, he's got to heal also.

bottom line.....
only tony stewart knows what tony stewart needs to do .......now....and in future.
time will tell.
maybe that's what tony needs most from his fans now.......time. ?

bottom line.....
only tony stewart knows what tony stewart needs to do .......now....and in future.
time will tell.
maybe that's what tony needs most from his fans now.......time. ?
I disagree. I'm willing to bet that some lawyers have a hand in his not racing. the first thing he said was that he was going to race on Sunday.

I think the retirement talk is complete BS. When the investigation is completed and Tony is cleared Tony will be back behind the wheel. I'd imagine that Tony is seeing huge support across the organization and by the fans that continue to support him. That probably means a great deal to him.

I think the retirement talk is complete BS. When the investigation is complete and Tony is cleared Tony will be back behind the wheel. I'd imagine that Tony is seeing huge support across the organization and by the fans that continue to support him. That probably means a great deal to him.

I dont understand why the investigation is taking so long. It seems like video evidence is all they have along with Tonys account that he provided afterwards. Other eyewitness accounts probably are subjective and discounted, disqualified or unusable based on conflicting accounts.

I dont understand why the investigation is taking so long. It seems like video evidence is all they have along with Tonys account that he provided afterwards. Other eyewitness accounts probably are subjective and discounted, disqualified or unusable based on conflicting accounts.
My uneducated guess would be that the sheriff's office investigating a death on a race track is quite a different animal than on the local roadway with what is known about passenger vehicles. Probably a lot of people have to be brought in that know about how these cars react under certain circumstances.

They probably could have saved themselves a lot of time had they just asked the video and accident experts that frequent this forum.

The day this can start to become a distant memory can not come soon enough. I find it hard to grasp any reasoning why a few people in the minority would find pleasure in Tony's misery, losing one person is already one to many.

no, tony was going to race until nascar said no then they called smith Sunday mourning and he hop a plane with rick.
I don't like going back and looking things up to make a point but I'm very tired of the unfounded rumors. These statements are easy to look up. There's more but I don't want to wade through the muck any further to find them.

From Marty Smith
NASCAR Statement regarding Tony Stewart decision not to race: “Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family, friends, and fellow competitors of Kevin Ward Jr. We support Tony Stewart’s decision to miss today’s race and we will continue to respect the process and timeline of the local authorities and will continue to monitor this situation moving forward.”

http://www.centriotimes.com/2014/08...onference-kevin-ward-jr-video-disturbing.html

Stewart issues statement: "There aren't words to describe the sadness I feel about the accident that took the life of Kevin Ward Jr. It's a very emotional time for all involved,and it is the reason I've decided not to participate in today's race at Watkins Glen. My thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends and everyone affected by this tragedy."(Stewart-Haas Racing)(8-10-2014)

It was his decision and his alone not nascar's.

They probably could have saved themselves a lot of time had they just asked the video and accident experts that frequent this forum.
Amen to this.
I fully support Tony Steward and his decision not to step into a race car at this time.
I also mourn for the family of Kevin Ward Jr.

Both sides need time to heal and we as people need to respect this. We as a racing nation need to unify and stop this nonsense along with the media!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom