Travis Pastrana?

Yay for Pastrana leaving and admitting he sucked. He was becoming the cool JWT.

The question is who is gonna fill his ride? It could be cup drivers (booooo!), or I could see Chris Buscher getting the ride. Or it could be some random trucker. Or it could be just going to part time status.

I'd guess "no one" as it was an unsponsored ride.

The question is who is gonna fill his ride? It could be cup drivers (booooo!), or I could see Chris Buscher getting the ride. Or it could be some random trucker. Or it could be just going to part time status.
Probably part-time like the #16 was this year.

Quitter.. also.. whats the point in attacking my personal life man? That just low. Seriously. I do what I have to do to support my family .. what you think you're better than me? The fact that u even said that makes me know your not. There's a difference between bugging me about Joey and literally attacking my personal life and how I support my family. Call me a whiner or whatever you want but you are ignorant, disrespectful, and Chex is right... I probably do make more than you... We all bust each others balls around here, and have a good time with it... but when you literally try to put down my profession.. Its bull****, that crosses a line... but what else could I have expected from an ignorant person other than ignorance.
Well if you were in the Podium you could fire back with all guns blazing, I agree attacking ones personal life is crossing the line here.

Quitter.. also.. whats the point in attacking my personal life man? That just low. Seriously. I do what I have to do to support my family .. what you think you're better than me? The fact that u even said that makes me know your not. There's a difference between bugging me about Joey and literally attacking my personal life and how I support my family. Call me a whiner or whatever you want but you are ignorant, disrespectful, and Chex is right... I probably do make more than you... We all bust each others balls around here, and have a good time with it... but when you literally try to put down my profession.. Its bull****, that crosses a line... but what else could I have expected from an ignorant person other than ignorance.

Someone telling you to "Go drill holes in the ground guy" is literally attacking your personal life and how you support your family? lol

A little overly dramatic, don't you think?

Someone telling you to "Go drill holes in the ground guy" is literally attacking your personal life and how you support your family? lol

I dont think so, not at all... There's absolutely no reason to bring up anything personal in here whatsoever. So sarcastically telling me to go dig a hole.. I look at as an insult to what I do.. which is not something people should have to deal with in a racing chat forum. You'll have your opinion and I'll have mine. You guys can bash my driver and all that any day.. that's in fun.. and even when its not, I dont care.. it is because NASCAR isnt real life lol... Its a sport.. which will inevitably have fans arguing over whos better etc... but to bring up ANYTHING having to do with my personal life when you dont even know me. Absolutely unacceptable. If this guy were to have said that to my face and not on a forum behind a computer screen that'd be fighting words. You can disrespect and bash my NASCAR opinions all you want.. but don't talk **** about my personal life.

Last edited:
You don't want to see me in tights and wings, believe me.:eek:

LMAO you are probably right but you could still post a picture for us. Racing season is almost over............. we need a laugh or two :)

It was a joke dude. Relax.

You called Travis a quitter. What exactly do you think this is for him? A past time? This was an income to support his family as well.

Mocking the guy and making fun of his likelyhood is ok? You cant take it, dont dish it out is all I'm going to say.

No kidding. lol

If I knew Slice was gonna get all sensitive about it I would have not said anything. It was an off handed joke. I didn't even see the harm in that. lol

This was not a personal attack on you or how you make your money.

I dont think so, not at all... There's absolutely no reason to bring up anything personal in here whatsoever. So sarcastically telling me to go dig a hole.. I look at as an insult to what I do.. which is not something people should have to deal with in a racing chat forum. You'll have your opinion and I'll have mine. You guys can bash my driver and all that any day.. that's in fun.. and even when its not, I dont care.. it is because NASCAR isnt real life lol... Its a sport.. which will inevitably have fans arguing over whos better etc... but to bring up ANYTHING having to do with my personal life when you dont even know me. Absolutely unacceptable. If this guy were to have said that to my face and not on a forum behind a computer screen that'd be fighting words. You can disrespect and bash my NASCAR opinions all you want.. but don't talk **** about my personal life.

Also dude, if you dont want anyone bringing up personal stuff then maybe you shouldn't be posting them in a "racing chat" as you put it.

You're taking this way too seriously man. Keep personal stuff to yourself if you dont want it brought up. If you want to talk about it more, lets go to the podium.

I already said everything that I was going to say about this here.

So I guess it would be a bad time to bring up that I am a Gynecologist!!:p

On topic I had the opinion earlier that Pastrana would not last in Nascar.

If they couldn't be mean we would lose half of the posters that joined us since last January. :cool:
I don't know whether to apologize or say your welcome to racing-forums for all the page hits ;) LOL ..I'm one of the since january crowd ..I think I'll be around for a while though.. I like it .. made myself a nice little spot here... Good view B)

When you're paying to race and you have almost no experience in this form of racing, the return has to be there or you'll go broke... or lose your mind. I like Travis.. I think if he stuck thru, he would get better.. but He knows how long that would take.

AutoExtremist has an interesting take on this:

The notion that the status quo is a comfortable place for the players in NASCAR to be was exacerbated this week by the news that Travis Pastrana was walking away from his quest of finding a home in the NASCAR scene. The action sports star had made an earnest attempt at cracking the NASCAR code with assistance from Jack Roush and Ford Racing, but it was not to be, as the money dried up and the prospects for 2014 were nil.

To say that this development is Not Good is an understatement, because as much as NASCAR likes to tout emerging young stars like Darrell Wallace Jr., the fact remains that the series is in a desperate race to attract new - and younger - enthusiasts to the brand, and Pastrana was the key to opening up the NASCAR fan base to an alternative demographic that would give the racing entity hope for the future.

Pastrana's exit may generate only negligible headlines, but make no mistake, this was worrisome news to the NASCAR elite. Because Pastrana will go back to a world that looms large as the biggest long-term threat to the NASCAR brand - the combustible mix of Global Rally Cross and the X Games.

More at http://www.autoextremist.com/fumes1/

Not me, that's for sure.:D

AutoExtremist has an interesting take on this:

More at http://www.autoextremist.com/fumes1/

Great article . I think Nascar really needs the fans that Travis , Danica and Bubba can bring in . Too bad that they can't get a couple of years to develope . Todays sponsors and fans require instant top tens and it can't happen as competetive as todays fields are .

Travis Pastrana finished on the lead lap in 13 races this year while earning $721,175.00

Great article . I think Nascar really needs the fans that Travis , Danica and Bubba can bring in . Too bad that they can't get a couple of years to develope . Todays sponsors and fans require instant top tens and it can't happen as competetive as todays fields are .
I don't think Pastrana will EVER be competitive. Imo if he was in the 60 in 2014 it would be a waste of a ride.

I don't think Pastrana will EVER be competitive. Imo if he was in the 60 in 2014 it would be a waste of a ride.
It's just sad for Nascar and Pastrana fans . I doubt anyone can tell everything about a driver from his rookie year , who knows , perhaps you're right .

His days as a full-time NASCAR driver may be now behind him, but Travis Pastrana loves the sport too much to walk away from it completely. His focus is turning back toward off-road trucks and rally cars, but he would still like to run a Camping World Truck Series race from time to time. He wouldn't mind starting a K&N Pro Series event every now and then. And one NASCAR race in particular still calls out to him.

The biggest one.

"I'd love to race the Daytona 500 one day," Pastrana said last weekend at Homestead-Miami Speedway, before his final full-time Nationwide Series start. "That’s a huge bucket list thing. I've met enough people and gotten decent enough results that hopefully we could get a sponsor and go in."

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...s-departure-nascar-challenge-daytona-500.html

Travis leaped into Nationwide, and despite many posters opinion's otherwise, Nationwide is one of the top levels of racing, he didn't have any experience in the lower tier cars, so he looked like a bumbling idiot out there most of the time. IMO trucks would be a huge jump, ARCA would even be a stretch for Pastrana. Those programs usually weed out the wana be's from the competitive drivers. Wallace ran 36 races in the K&N series, 6 wins, 16 top 5's, 25 top tens before moving up to trucks. He showed he was ready to move up. The other two? well look at the results, one down..wouldn't be if he had a sugar daddy sponsor, and one to go. I don't think people who follow them are really fans of the sport, but followers of personalities. Bubba Wallace shouldn't be in that group, he can drive a race car.

Travis leaped into Nationwide, and despite many posters opinion's otherwise, Nationwide is one of the top levels of racing, he didn't have any experience in the lower tier cars, so he looked like a bumbling idiot out there most of the time. IMO trucks would be a huge jump, ARCA would even be a stretch for Pastrana. Those programs usually weed out the wana be's from the competitive drivers. Wallace ran 36 races in the K&N series, 6 wins, 16 top 5's, 25 top tens before moving up to trucks. He showed he was ready to move up. The other two? well look at the results, one down..wouldn't be if he had a sugar daddy sponsor, and one to go. I don't think people who follow them are really fans of the sport, but followers of personalities. Bubba Wallace shouldn't be in that group, he can drive a race car.

Many posters dont consider the NW series to be "top level" because Kyle Busch wins many of them. :(

Winning a NW race is quite an accomplishment IMO

Many posters dont consider the NW series to be "top level" because Kyle Busch wins many of them. :(

Winning a NW race is quite an accomplishment IMO
Nah, it would be like Drew Brees, Darren Sproles and Jimmy Graham playing for Alabama, even if they used a high school defense it would'nt matter they would still kick everybody's ass, It's overkill in my opinion.

who starts driving these cars at age 30, honestly I think that is a factor too. it talks about how much money it would have cost if he ran the lower teir series first.
I disagree he should have been able to do a late model car for an affordable price, or just done a driver development late model deal with an established team.

Nah, it would be like Drew Brees, Darren Sproles and Jimmy Graham playing for Alabama, even if they used a high school defense it would'nt matter they would still kick everybody's ass, It's overkill in my opinion.

Just remember that "stick and ball" sucks :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom