Turner Scott Motorsports Suspends Truck Series Operation

It sounds like the owners are splitting.. which usually results in reducing man power. Not good but not the end of the world as we know it..

I figured Turner wasn't for real when Harry Scott bought the 51 operation by himself.

Another sign nascar is dying. Turner Scott is one of the few competitive nationwide/truck only teams. Losing them is a crippling blow to nationwide and trucks. I don't blame Kyle or Brad, they provide rides to youngsters in the series and have competitive teams which helps the series. I blame nascar due to their horrific scheduling, trucks and nationwide used to race predominately at short tracks so the little teams had a chance to compete with the big boys. Now it's all companion events at the big tracks which prices out a lot of the series regulars. For trucks and nationwide to truly return to what they were, the series need to return to standalone races and short tracks

a partnership split in a team is a sign of Nascar dying..yeah right, good one. I bet you all were on top of the mountain waiting for the world to end Y2K.

sounds like just steve turner / harry scott biz divorce. ?
fuse prolly lit when scott bought finch cup outfit. ?

Two owners butting heads. Hornaday part of the fallout. Hopefully he can get in the race by some other means.

Not fair that Ron is out of a seat. Someone who has been a cornerstone for the truck series for years to be out is disappointing. Thats like Frank Kimmel being booted out of ARCA for no reason. I like Ron and his track record speaks for itself.

Honestly, I like him as that benchmark and he did a darn good job at Bristol last week.

there is a reason, the team he drives for, Turner Scott are restructuring..a nice word for having a spit fight. Hornady like other contractors and employees are caught in the cross fire. Who knows if Turner and Scott will both have new teams or how many or if any at all. As it stands publicly, Harry Scott is going to try to soldier on this weekend. My guess is that his two truck drivers he is running this weekend have sponsors. Larson and Kwas in N'wide are racing also

The No. 31 driven by Ben Kennedy and the No. 32 driven by Cameron Hayley in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series will compete as scheduled at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park this coming Sunday

Just to break into the sport is tough. According to court documents filed by William Gallaher in a lawsuit with former partner Eddie Sharp, Gallaher paid $1.3 million for 50-50 ownership of the two-truck team last May and poured in another $1.36 million the rest of the year. And that’s an organization that finished 18th and 22nd in the truck standings.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/...s-sponsors-economy-tv-ratings-attendance-fans

This makes the third time this season there's fewer than 30 trucks in the field, although going out of the country probably has a good bit to do with that. But three of the four races to get a full 36-truck field this year were short tracks - Martinsville, Iowa, and Bristol (the other being the season opener at Daytona). If that isn't an indication of what to do with the schedule I don't know what is.

TSM Owners File Court Papers Against Each Other
The co-owners of Turner Scott Motorsports are arguing through legal documents with Steve Turner suing Harry Scott Jr. in a Texas court, and Scott filing a notice of complaint in a North Carolina court.

While the owners of NASCAR Nationwide and Camping World Truck teams quarrel, Ron Hornaday Jr., fourth in the standings, is left without a Truck ride this weekend. The organization’s other drivers - Dylan Kwasniewski and Kyle Larson in Nationwide and Ben Kennedy and Cameron Hayley in Trucks - are racing this weekend.

Turner’s lawsuit states that he and his co-plaintiffs seek more than $3 million from Scott. Turner’s lawsuit also seeks dismissal of Scott in Turner Scott Motorsports. Scott bought 40 percent of the team from Turner in 2012.

Court documents allege that Scott’s company agreed that a $2 million debt was to be paid to Turner and his affiliates but it has not been paid.

Turner’s lawsuit also alleges that many company decisions require approval from both Turner and Scott but that “Scott has refused to approve actions that are necessary and material to the business, leaving the (team) unable to operate.’’

Court documents state that Turner and others have been forced to lend money to the team to keep it from defaulting to third-party vendors.

The Sporting News reported that Scott filed a notice of a suit Wednesday. Scott has 20 days to file a suit against Turner, according to the report.

Scott’s notice, according to The Sporting News, alleges that Turner has allowed the team’s funds to be depleted, debts have gone unpaid and Turner did not fund entries as he was obligated to do so. Scott’s notice, according to the report, alleges that Turner misapplied sponsorship funds and revenues.

In a statement Wednesday, Scott said: “My investment company, a co-owner of TSM, will continue to do all that it can to keep the team moving forward with or without our business partner Steve Turner. To all TSM employees, sponsors, partners and fans I pledge we will continue to do what we can to keep the teams racing hard each and every week of the season.’’

http://www.mrn.com/Race-Series/NASC...rsports-Owners-Argue-Via-Legal-Documents.aspx

In or out in trucks? Even Hornaday doesn't seem so sure now

Speaking from his home on Friday, Hornaday confirmed he doesn't plan to race Sunday but said he could return to the No. 30 Chevrolet as soon as the next series race at Chicagoland Speedway in two weeks. Also, contrary to earlier reports, Hornaday said team members who were told Wednesday they had been let go by TSM were called back to the shop and are actively preparing trucks to go race.

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/sto...n-hornaday-jr-doesn-t-seem-so-sure-now-082914

Seems to me like Scott doesn't have as many funds to support the Truck and Nationwide programs after buying Finch's Cup team.

http://www.jayski.com/cts/ctsnews.htm

Turner Scott Motorsports announced today that it has taken the regrettable but necessary steps to layoff 18 employees company-wide as a result of ending operations of the #30 NCWTS team and in order to remain competitive throughout the remainder of the 2014 season.
"The decision to lay-off any employee is painful and we realize the affects it has on their lives," said Harry Scott, Jr., whose investment firm is a co-owner of TSM. "However, the decisions made by TSM today are necessary and the responsible steps for all of TSM to ensure our commitment to our employees, partners and fans to be as competitive as possible."
The company notified employees this afternoon and will do all it can to help those affected to find new roles in the industry.(Tuckahoe Strategies)(9-2-2014)

Really hate it for the employees at Turner Scott. I hope they find jobs at other teams and stay in racing like I'm sure they faught to get into in the first place.

The expense of Truck racing has gone through the roof. At start up (Winter Heat) the series was designed to let the small guy that were successful in lower class series, such as Super late Models, to enter a top tier Nascar series to showcase young talent. This worked, No need for elaborate pit crews with time out half way through the event, short track and a few 1.5 mile events so not much tire use needed etc. Now it is a full blown win or loose on pit road event. To be a winning truck team now I am sure the cost is at par with a nationwide team.

In or out in trucks? Even Hornaday doesn't seem so sure now

Speaking from his home on Friday, Hornaday confirmed he doesn't plan to race Sunday but said he could return to the No. 30 Chevrolet as soon as the next series race at Chicagoland Speedway in two weeks. Also, contrary to earlier reports, Hornaday said team members who were told Wednesday they had been let go by TSM were called back to the shop and are actively preparing trucks to go race.

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/sto...n-hornaday-jr-doesn-t-seem-so-sure-now-082914

"I've got a couple races sold already with some of my sponsors that came with me, and I'm going to have to find a truck to put them on," said the Truck Series' all-time wins leader and only four-time champion. "They've already put an installment payment in to go to Talladega, so I'm going to have to explore my options and go to some teams and say, 'Hey, can I rent a ride from you or buy a ride?' I've never done that before, but that's what we're going to do have to do, I guess."

Damn that got messy quick. I wonder if Turner is mad that Scott took Brandt and Allgaier with him to his Cup team?

Brandon Jones is out of the #33 K&N East ride this weekend. Looks like his dad (Rheem President/CEO) is pulling support of the team.

Damn that got messy quick. I wonder if Turner is mad that Scott took Brandt and Allgaier with him to his Cup team?
Probably has something to do with it. In 2012 Turner was probably the most dominant truck team and they even fielded 5 trucks in a few races. Now Scott took a lot of money and resources to his Cup team and they are struggling.

Truck Series Shocker: Hornaday's Team Was Fully Funded At Time Of Shutdown
The saga surrounding the recent shutdown of Ron Hornaday, Jr.’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series team took a bizarre turn today, when a spokesman for Rheem Motorsports revealed that his company had already agreed to back Hornaday for the remainder of the 2014 season.

Raniszeski said Rheem is not only willing to back Hornaday going forward, but is “working hard right now to see if we can find something for him. We’re not finished trying to help him.”

More here:
http://motorsports-soapbox.blogspot.com/2014/09/truck-series-shocker-hornadays-team-was.html

The saga surrounding the recent shutdown of Ron Hornaday, Jr.’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series team took a bizarre turn today, when a spokesman for Rheem Motorsports revealed that his company had already agreed to back Hornaday for the remainder of the 2014 season.

Raniszeski said Rheem is not only willing to back Hornaday going forward, but is “working hard right now to see if we can find something for him. We’re not finished trying to help him.”

More here:
http://motorsports-soapbox.blogspot.com/2014/09/truck-series-shocker-hornadays-team-was.html
Bizarre.

The expense of Truck racing has gone through the roof. At start up (Winter Heat) the series was designed to let the small guy that were successful in lower class series, such as Super late Models, to enter a top tier Nascar series to showcase young talent. This worked, No need for elaborate pit crews with time out half way through the event, short track and a few 1.5 mile events so not much tire use needed etc. Now it is a full blown win or loose on pit road event. To be a winning truck team now I am sure the cost is at par with a nationwide team.

The Cup superteams started putting Cup drivers in that series every week and driving up the costs bringing Cup funding and Cup equipment to the game.

More here:

Very bizarre, so Rheem is pulling it's support of TSM but not Hornaday? I'd say that's a really bad sign for that organization, if the sponsor is no longer willing to support them but they are still supporting the driver.

Very bizarre, so Rheem is pulling it's support of TSM but not Hornaday? I'd say that's a really bad sign for that organization, if the sponsor is no longer willing to support them but they are still supporting the driver.

Corporate speak for what did you do with my money?

He said Rheem “committed significant incremental financial resources to Turner Scott Motorsports,” and called reports that the team was underfunded “completely inaccurate, false and a great disservice to Ron Hornaday’s contribution to motor racing, his fans and a long-time, loyal NASCAR sponsor like Rheem Manufacturing Company.”

Corporate speak for what did you do with my money?

He said Rheem “committed significant incremental financial resources to Turner Scott Motorsports,” and called reports that the team was underfunded “completely inaccurate, false and a great disservice to Ron Hornaday’s contribution to motor racing, his fans and a long-time, loyal NASCAR sponsor like Rheem Manufacturing Company.”

Yeah that's sounds pretty damning to me. Especially if a big time player like Rheem is saying it, that won't bode well for TSM. Given how fast word travels throughout the garage area, it's going to be very tough for them to attract new sponsors when you got Rheem saying that kind of stuff.

Yeah, I wouldn't be looking for Rheem on the side of Buescher's car next year. They could flip like NAPA did hopefully.

I'll say this, if Hornaday is able to find another ride and keep racing with Rheem that's awesome. Rheem's loyalty to him is commendable, as we've seen in the past companies don't always have that loyalty. Napa left Truex jr high and dry because of the shenanigans at MWR, so it's nice to see Rheem stand by Hornaday throughout this debacle.

Well, I'd say Rheem is happy with Hornaday because even at his age and past his prime. He's much better than a JWT being sponsored by Zaxby's. Keep providing the results and sponsors will stay loyal.

Although, I would like to see Allgaier with more sponsors...

Give Ron his ride back.

http://motorsports-soapbox.blogspot...-max=2015-01-01T00:00:00-05:00&max-results=50

gees, this is getting confusing. Sounds like Richard was Johnny on the spot. Hell, Austin could win the thing. Cry babies around here will be up in arms for sure.

Rheem Returns With Austin Dillon At The Wheel

Rheem announced today that the company will participate as a primary sponsor in two of the remaining 2014 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races. Rheem will fulfill contractual commitments previously made with Chicagoland Speedway and Phoenix International Raceway where Rheem had reserved hospitality, catering and large ticket blocks for Rheem customer groups.

Richard Childress Racing has agreed to assist Rheem by providing competitive equipment sourced from NTS Motorsports, along with crew chief Chris Rice and NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Austin Dillon for these events, even though RCR does not currently participate in the Camping World Truck Series. Dillon will drive the No. 20 truck painted in the classic red and black Rheem design.

“We found ourselves in a unique situation and our friends at RCR stepped in to help,” said Ed Raniszeski, managing director of Rheem Motorsports. “We are now able keep our commitments to both tracks, as well as to the many Rheem contractors who were invited to be our guests and had been planning for months to attend these exciting races. We are grateful to Richard Childress for his unwavering support and to Bob Newberry for NTS’s valuable assistance.”

NTS isn't doing that great, 26,27th,28th, and 29th in the standings. This should be interesting with Austin behind the wheel for the ol' is it the car or the driver debate.

Back
Top Bottom