will # 24 points race next 2 races ? or go for win ?

hawg dawg

Team Owner
lotsa talk bout newman points racin in chase.
but will jeff do tha same thing at texas .....then phoenix ?
or will he go for sure advancement into final 4 w/ a win ?

i would think points racing.

He's gonna go for the win if his car is good enough. I don't think they will make any risky strategies on pit road.

No.

He did that at Talladega and he said he ****** hated it. Not the way he wanted to race there but was a necessity given that that race was a complete crapshoot to begin with.

Texas may be Gordon's worst track stat wise but he'll try to win it. You can actually control your destiny in the next two so I wouldn't expect him to points race. Right now you have to go out and try to win a race anyway. He's only like 5 points to the good. And he's the LEADER in points.

He will be a points racing monkey, screaming at his spotter to keep whoever away from him. Of course if interviewed after the race, he will give his tried and true "the car was a little off speech" Count on ol Gordo to be running very safely in the top ten, having a heart attack every restart.

No.

He did that at Talladega and he said he ******* hated it. Not the way he wanted to race there but was a necessity given that that race was a complete crapshoot to begin with.

Texas may be Gordon's worst track stat wise but he'll try to win it. You can actually control your destiny in the next two so I wouldn't expect him to points race. Right now you have to go out and try to win a race anyway. He's only like 5 points to the good. And he's the LEADER in points.
Hes been great all year at mile na halfs. He was badass at charlotte. He'll be fine at Texas.

Depends on what the other contenders are up to, He may even whine about Junior stealing his win before its over, hopefully not though

What's with the masive butthurtness in this thread? Its awesome that Gordon's sucess its still getting into some of your anuses.

lotsa talk bout newman points racin in chase.
but will jeff do tha same thing at texas .....then phoenix ?
or will he go for sure advancement into final 4 w/ a win ?

Newman hasnt exactly been racin up front all year, he aint point racin he is just racin and hanging on for dear life. he is probably as surprised as everyone else is that he is still in the game. I hope he wins the cup, I really do

jeffy is no different than anyone else. if he a has a car capable of winning, he'll go for it, but without going all in. if the cars not good, he'll ride it to the best of what he can get. this is not the timefor him to overdrive his equipment.

the only thing about the chase I like is it puts different drivers in different situations. compare jeff to harvick next weekend. both should be racing for a championship, but the current format has jeff protecting a solid position and kevin facing desperation.

jmo.

Wish hell, hide and watch. how many races you watched anyway? 1.5 miler, going to have at least 6,8 restarts, at least one or two are going to get damaged in a restart. Gordo is just as liable as anybody else to get hair lipped. Ask Harvick, and Kez and Kenseth from last week. Gordon missed one or two close ones that happened in front of him. Like I said, they all will be just fine until a back marker knocks down a fender youngster. Just don't be surprised and get all hysterical if and when it happens.

jeffy is no different than anyone else. if he a has a car capable of winning, he'll go for it, but without going all in. if the cars not good, he'll ride it to the best of what he can get. this is not the timefor him to overdrive his equipment.

the only thing about the chase I like is it puts different drivers in different situations. compare jeff to harvick next weekend. both should be racing for a championship, but the current format has jeff protecting a solid position and kevin facing desperation.

jmo.

Well stated.

In fact with Gordons good positioning in the chase right now but winless, there will be cars out there that don't give two hoots in a toilet that he is in the chase, and they will take advantage of the fact that he cares. Drivers like McMurray, Larson, heaven help us if A.J. has a fast car, Kurt and Kyle, Ambrose on and on. This doesn't only apply to Gordon either. It is a different ball game this year. Don't forget Jr. roughing up Tony for the win last week. That can happen this week with a couple of different players..it's getting good

In fact with Gordons good positioning in the chase right now but winless, there will be cars out there that don't give two hoots in a toilet that he is in the chase, and they will take advantage of the fact that he cares. Drivers like McMurray, Larson, heaven help us if A.J. has a fast car, Kurt and Kyle, Ambrose on and on. This doesn't only apply to Gordon either. It is a different ball game this year. Don't forget Jr. roughing up Tony for the win last week. That can happen this week with a couple of different players..it's getting good
Gordons just as much at risk of getting taken out by a talentless driver as the other drivers. I said you wish because you enjoy seeing top teams struggle.

Related to the topic, these upcoming tracks are great for Gordon. He'll go for the gold.

He will go for the best finish possible with the car that he is given. If the car is good enough he will go for the win.

I asked Gordon after the race what he was going to do and he told me that he would "start and park the next two since I'm leading the points and don't want to take the chance of wrecking this really hard working teams axalta drive to end hunger Chevrolet."
I'd swear it.

I asked Gordon after the race what he was going to do and he told me that he would "start and park the next two since I'm leading the points and don't want to take the chance of wrecking this really hard working teams axalta drive to end hunger Chevrolet."
I'd swear it.

But was he mad at Jooonyer

Gordons just as much at risk of getting taken out by a talentless driver as the other drivers. I said you wish because you enjoy seeing top teams struggle.

Related to the topic, these upcoming tracks are great for Gordon. He'll go for the gold.

Don't have a clue where you get your info, but keep on wanking and when a couple of chasers have trouble next week remember I told ya so, it is the nature of the beast. Some of us put intellect above emotion instead of the other way around. i over e

whatever word you would like to use fellers..it wouldn't have been pretty.
Gordon dealt with & beat jr's daddy. Hes more than capable of handling his underperformed son. No offense to jr fans, he is having a career season in 2014.

Besides, whats the worst they can do? Dirty the track?

image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JEB
That win at Martinville strengthened Jr. and Hendrick relationship with the team even stronger now. And Jr. fans are now getting behind the whole Hendrick teams.

What I'm saying is, even if that time where either guy is racing one another for the win and wreck each other, that will be an acceptable outcome each party from each fandom will come to terms with.

That win at Martinville strengthened Jr. and Hendrick relationship with the team even stronger now. And Jr. fans are now getting behind the whole Hendrick teams.

What I'm saying is, even if that time where either guy is racing one another for the win and wreck each other, that will be an acceptable outcome each party from each fandom will come to terms with.

not next 3 races . :D

Gordon dealt with & beat jr's daddy. Hes more than capable of handling his underperformed son. No offense to jr fans, he is having a career season in 2014.

Besides, whats the worst they can do? Dirty the track?

View attachment 15102
yeah the shoe is on the other foot now, Gordon is the old man with the youngsters coming on strong. It will be an interesting next few races.

Jeff will go for the win and so will all the other drivers . If the car doesn't have the speed to win than he will fight for every position that he can get ,as will all the other drivers . It's racing , it's what race car drivers do . Hopefully , the chase drivers don't win any of the final races , I'd like to see some new winners.

Back
Top Bottom