Your 2014 Sprint Cup Champion!!

And won the boat, too --- Congratulations, Kevin and the whole SHR crew.
B2mj_nuIMAAjxvI.jpg

Love it that ,in the end , the best car ALL YEAR won anyway.

Yep, gordon and Logano were more consistent but the 4 unloaded fast every single week, and if not for bad luck would have 8 or more wins. But they got the crew situation figured out, and Harvick put on a helluva performance the past 3 weeks. Very happy with our champ

Yeah, They will be laughing all the way to the bank, firesuit's on. that family is going to be around for a long time, car's in victory lane Mom and Dad celebrating, and Keelan was cleaning off the grill..:biggrin:

Congrats to Kevin Harvick and the #4 Budweiser guys! Very deserving champ. The 4 was the fastest team from the drop of the green flag in 2014. They overcame part failures and pit road issues in the middle of the season and finished at their best. 2nd, 1st, 1st. That's why Harvick is called the Closer. Also happy for Tony, DeLana and Rodney Childers.

Do you think Kevin worries about his money? :rolleyes:

That kind of thinking is why many former pro-athletes have money problems. They think that the gravy train is going to last forever, so they party like it's 1999 until either their career lifespan is up, or a serious injury puts them out of commission or they piss off the wrong people and get banned from the sanctioning body's league. Then the money is gone because they spent it all on stupid **** instead of squirreling it away for when their career will ultimately end.

That kind of thinking is why many former pro-athletes have money problems. They think that the gravy train is going to last forever, so they party like it's 1999 until either their career lifespan is up, or a serious injury puts them out of commission or they piss off the wrong people and get banned from the sanctioning body's league. Then the money is gone because they spent it all on stupid sh!t instead of squirreling it away for when their career will ultimately end.
Only live once mate. Im not one to judge how others use their money but I can say with confidence he has more than enough to enjoy a boat. A free one at that.

You read about players of other sports --- b'ball, f'ball, and boxing --- losing their money ----- but I don't remember hearing of many NASCAR drivers losing theirs. Yes, I know some older drivers are in bad straits, but only because they didn't make as much.

Eh, depends on who you are. Guys like Mark Martin, Bobby and Terry Labonte, etc. were able to race until they were in their 60s because they were really good and famous in their heyday, so they never had a problem finding a ride. The same will happen to drivers like Johnson, Gordon, Harvick, etc.

However, do you really think back markers and guys like Josh Wise will have a ride when they're on the down slope of their careers?

Eh, depends on who you are. Guys like Mark Martin, Bobby and Terry Labonte, etc. were able to race until they were in their 60s because they were really good and famous in their heyday, so they never had a problem finding a ride. The same will happen to drivers like Johnson, Gordon, Harvick, etc.

However, do you really think back markers and guys like Josh Wise will have a ride when they're on the down slope of their careers?
Josh Wise isnt winning boats...

Eh, depends on who you are. Guys like Mark Martin, Bobby and Terry Labonte, etc. were able to race until they were in their 60s because they were really good and famous in their heyday, so they never had a problem finding a ride.

Those guys are stilll only 55, 50 and 58 respectively.

Congratulations to the Harvicks! A job well done with a great end of the schedule.

The thing I like most about the new Chase is that it is very forgiving of bad luck. I like that because bad luck isn't usually of their making and it sucks.
Harvick had plenty of bad luck early/mid season and with the new format was able to still come out on top.
I

I think it can be forgiving of bad luck, depending on when the bad luck occurs.

Back
Top Bottom