105th Indianapolis 500 Race Thread

Wow, NBC really has a hard on for "points as they run" and apparently it's not just limited to NASCAR
They can’t help themselves. Let the drama of the moment play out. It’s the ****** Indianapolis 500. With about 57 different strategies going on.

And they wanna focus on SCOTT DIXON MIGHT LOSE THE POINTS LEAD

So what’s everyone’s opinion of a Castroneves win? I always root for the underdog so for me, him winning a fourth 500 would be impressive but displeasing.

So what’s everyone’s opinion of a Castroneves win? I always root for the underdog so for me, him winning a fourth 500 would be impressive but displeasing.

It would be a neat storyline. Not opposed to seeing him take Meyer Shank to victory lane. But TBF I wouldn’t be rooting for Helio if he was still driving for Penske. So I’d prefer someone else win.

Foyt/Mears/Al Unser is a hell of a fraternity to join. It’s been long enough since the last four-time winner that’d it’d be cool to see.

Be interesting to see 2002 conspiracy theorists pop back up though.

Had to tune out for a bit, how did Dixon and Rossi manage to get back on the road lap except Rossi is still back in 31st? Lol

I admire race control's desire to not throw cautions unless absolutely necessary, but it makes me nervous sometimes. Glad that Power situation didn't upend the race again.

Me seeing Dixon in the lead:
Ez3fPTFXEAIGc2h.jpeg

Rosenqvist and Fittipaldi are at least on the same fuel lap, but it’s concerning. Dixon has fallen far back from them so I think he’s ultra conservative.

79 laps on two fuel loads? That doesn't seem possible. I think it's more likely that they are trying to stretch this one as long as possible in bipes of a caution.

Back
Top Bottom