107th Indianapolis 500 RACE Thread

There are so many insightful former CART/Indy Car drivers to be analysts and every 500, NBC trots out Danica who wasn’t very good and then Jr who never has driven one of these cars.

If everyone is as fortunate as the early reports are indicating I am thankful.

That non story would be the greatest miracle (or whatever anyone wants to call it) of this racing weekend. Everything else is just small details in comparison.

That tire going flying is one of the craziest sites you’ll see in live motor sports

There are so many insightful former CART/Indy Car drivers to be analysts and every 500, NBC trots out Danica who wasn’t very good and then Jr who never has driven one of these cars.
Danica is a former series winner and came close to winning the 500 twice.

I’m getting sick of the Danica hate. She was good in INDYCAR.

As for Dale Jr, ABC once had Rusty Wallace on the call of this race before.

They had one in PT until he became a bit much and talked about his foot fetishes on national TV.

This is literally the biggest miracle in motorsports of this century that no one was hurt at a track surrounded by grandstands on 3/4ths of it's exterior
The reports from those who were around at Tony Renna’s testing crash at Indy suggest that was maybe the worst that could’ve been a series-ender if it happened during a race with a crowd.

The reports from those who were around at Tony Renna’s testing crash at Indy suggest that was maybe the worst that could’ve been a series-ender if it happened during a race with a crowd.

I was reading up on that again a few days ago. That is what they all say, it would've been the end of indycar and Indianapolis had it happened with fans in the stands

She won one race on fuel mileage. And kudos for almost winning the 500 twice, im sure there’s a trophy somewhere for that. I wasn’t hating, I just don’t think the resume is that strong.

Did his car go into the stands?

The remains. No photo or videos exist. The car apparently got loose entering turn 3, skipped across the grass, and at least cleared the safer barrier and the rest is up to your imagination on what happened. Pieces of the grandstand had to be replaced...

I like that Dale Jr will ask the others on commentary things from their experiences… he seems to try and put the spotlight more on their experiences in open wheel, and he will just speak more to the energy he’s sensing from the outside of the track

She won one race on fuel mileage. And kudos for almost winning the 500 twice, im sure there’s a trophy somewhere for that. I wasn’t hating, I just don’t think the resume is that strong.
I don't think whether someone is a good expert analyst depends on their career results. Alex Hofmann is great in MotoGP, even though his career was not impressive after all.

Anyone will balz enough to run one of these into turn 1 at 230 mph + has my full respect. Don't care f they only raced once. Ever. At any track. Takes huge ones.

You don’t have to be a Hall of Fame driver to provide quality commentary and analysis.

Wally Dallenbach did great on NBC and TNT despite never winning a NASCAR race.

I don't think whether someone is a good expert analyst depends on their career results. Alex Hofmann is great in MotoGP, even though his career was not impressive after all.
Apologies I don’t even know who that is nor watch MotoGP

So we are just gonna run out the rest of the laps under yellow I guess lol

Truly believe it she stayed in the series she have a few more wins

Damn, the nerves got Pato.

Annnnnd he crashes.

Back
Top Bottom