2012 Indy 500 Race Thread

Seriously, why the hell are you even posting, just to whine that you don't like it? Or just to be a dick? I guess the latter.
Prolly just to be a dick, piss you off and whine about the crappy racing. Did you get your panties out of your ass yet?

A friend of mine who is at the race texted me that people are passing out left and right from the heat. A guy in their group left to go back to the motothome.

A friend of mine who is at the race texted me that people are passing out left and right from the heat. A guy in their group left to go back to the motothome.

We have problems all the time at MIR with the heat, fans drink lots of beer to cool off, which of course, has the oppositte effect.

It works in the sense that everyone restarts where they were running before the caution, and it doesn't seem right to put them in the back all over again just because they happened to be a lap down when the caution came out, but it really hurts the race to have them with the leaders.

Starting in the back is what you deserve if you go a lap down. Get them the hell out of the leaders way.

Sato is really, really good. You can see him in the top five in any given race, road course or oval. The trick is keeping the car together, or pointed the right direction.

We have problems all the time at MIR with the heat, fans drink lots of beer to cool off, which of course, has the oppositte effect.

Figured that would happen - lotsa fans dehydrated to begin with from drinking the night before....then trying to hydrate with beer.

Sato is really, really good. You can see him in the top five in any given race, road course or oval. The trick is keeping the car together, or pointed the right direction.

Yeah...not pulling against him or anything...but I'd be surprised if he can keep this up the whole race.

Starting in the back is what you deserve if you go a lap down. Get them the hell out of the leaders way.

So it seems like if you lose a lap, you may as well call it a day then? If the gap is 30-40 seconds from the leader to the last car on the lead lap, and there is a lapped car behind the leader when the yellow comes out, sending lapped cars to the back essentially penalizes him 30 seconds for no reason at all. That doesn't make sense.

Figured that would happen - lotsa fans dehydrated to begin with from drinking the night before....then trying to hydrate with beer.

I usually bring Gatorade, water or iced tea to the track with me. But there are days where no amount of water will help. I definitely know how it feels for those fans today, there's no escape from the heat. It was 120 degrees at Old Dominion for their big race last July -- I went to the track with the Hornaday/Skinner team and we went through several coolers of Gatorade.

So it seems like if you lose a lap, you may as well call it a day then? If the gap is 30-40 seconds from the leader to the last car on the lead lap, and there is a lapped car behind the leader when the yellow comes out, sending lapped cars to the back essentially penalizes him 30 seconds for no reason at all. That doesn't make sense.
Exactly as I see it James.

Again, if you lose a lap then you deserve what you get. Use strategy or a wave around to get your lap back. Stay the hell out of the way of the leaders.

But isn't that essentially what NASCAR does now? The only way you can get a lap back in NASCAR now is by getting the free pass (meaning, only one driver gets a lap back) or with a wave-around if you don't pit.

I usually bring Gatorade, water or iced tea to the track with me. But there are days where no amount of water will help. I definitely know how it feels for those fans today, there's no escape from the heat. It was 120 degrees at Old Dominion for their big race last July -- I went to the track with the Hornaday/Skinner team and we went through several coolers of Gatorade.

My son is a rugby player at LSU...they dilute the Gatorade to about 1/3rd strength because they have to drink so much throughout the game to avoid cramping up.

But isn't that essentially what NASCAR does now? The only way you can get a lap back in NASCAR now is by getting the free pass (meaning, only one driver gets a lap back) or with a wave-around if you don't pit.

That's exactly what they do now, and I don't really like it. I think if you're going to get a lap back, it ought to be because you're fast enough to do it, not because you were in the right place at the right time per the rule book. But like I said, I get why folks don't want it that way. Lapped cars among the leaders do hurt the restarts.

My son is a rubgy player at LSU...they dilute the Gatorade to about 1/3rd strength because they have to drink so much throughout the game to avoid cramping up.

Yeah. That ODS deal was bad though because that was 16 hours in record heat and humidity. The low temperature that night was in the upper 80s. Next time that kind of deal comes up, I'm staying home.

Another big day for Ganassi racing - so far.

It's gonna be another typical season where Franchitti wins the oval races and Will Power wins the road course races... hopefully that means Will Power will get the championship but I'm sure IndyCar will do anything they can to make sure their princess wins it again.

It's getting late, and I think it's a four car race from here. Sato, Franchitti, Andretti, and Dixon.

It's getting late, and I think it's a four car race from here. Sato, Franchitti, Andretti, and Dixon.

As cool as it is to see Sato up front and as much as I don't like Andretti, I'd rather see an American win than anything. It's gonna get busy on pit road now.

Not a bad race going on. Still no clear winner so far today, nobody pulling away and stinking the place up, and could be another close finish.

I've learned one thing today. The indy car officials don't care how the restarts go. 5 wide at one point coming to green.

Back
Top Bottom