2014 Australian Grand Prix

Congrats to Nico.

Congrats to Ricciardo.

Congrats to Magnussen.

A lot of insanity at the beginning, but, a great race with some great new faces up front.

Decent race.. Don't really like seeing a dominating winner however alot of things were going on... Good racing thru the field. The setup is still a work in progress for all of the teams..

sleep time.

The sound of these new cars makes me want to scream in agony !!! what have they done with the v-12s and the v-10s and the v-8s that screamed like a wild animal, these cars sound like a riding lawnmower with a plugged up muffler :(
I wonder what Senna would say about this abomination of a car

I'll bet a week's pay that they had primary driver Vettel on a more conservative setup and secondary driver Ricciardo on a more aggressive R&D-type fuel flow configuration.

That reminds me of a line from a review of the 1982 Long Beach GP that has been uploaded on YouTube.

"Villeneuve's pressure-packed driving finally had its inevitable result. But he found first gear again, recovered to come home third - when we all found out what [Ferrari's bizarre rear-wing] was for. It was to get him disqualified, under that special morale-busting official dispensation which ensures that a driver must first lay his life on the line before being told that all his efforts were in vain."

I'll bet a week's pay that they had primary driver Vettel on a more conservative setup and secondary driver Ricciardo on a more aggressive R&D-type fuel flow configuration.

I hope they take good care of Vettel, he has done a lot for RBR

I passed out halfway through the race last night. Still haven't finished it. What a clusterphuck that first ten laps was.. Whoa.

I was listening to the onboard engine noise, wow they sound horrible- a lot like the early 90's Cosworth V8's that were in Jordan and Bennington cars.

Also Vettel seemed out of place, maybe he isn't cut out for the more snappy turbo V6's, half the drivers on the field are veterans that has driven since the V10 days in the mid 2000's.

Re: that video above with Villeneuve, I remember that race very well- Keke Rosberg vs Gilles Villeneuve, awesome duel going on there.

No way Red Bull would cheat. :sarcasm:

Yep, RBR basically told the FIA to suck it and now they're paying the consequences.

FIA race director Charlie Whiting has confirmed Red Bull were warned twice about the matter after qualifying, and again five laps into the race, but chose to ignore it.

Ecclestone promises 'noisier' racecars; Aus GP promoter threatening to sue.
:D
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mo...moter-of-Australian-Grand-Prix-could-sue.html

Bernie Ecclestone has said Formula One will investigate ways of making the new 2014 machines sound “more like racing cars” as a matter of urgency, after Australian Grand Prix organisers threatened on Monday to sue for breach of contract.

Formula One’s 83-year-old chief executive, who was always implacably opposed to the switch from V8 engines to greener V6 turbos for this season, claimed that a modification could be made after just a few races if it was technically possible. “We can’t wait all season,” Ecclestone said. “It could be too late by then.”....

Bernie Ecclestone has said Formula One will investigate ways of making the new 2014 machines sound “more like racing cars” as a matter of urgency, after Australian Grand Prix organisers threatened on Monday to sue for breach of contract.
You'd think they would have discovered the sound the first time they powered one up.

The pinnacle of motor sports goes "Whoops". I wonder what they will do about the electric series.

You'd think they would have discovered the sound the first time they powered one up.

The pinnacle of motor sports goes "Whoops". I wonder what they will do about the electric series.

They should be punished for screwing up the cars like that. Bernie can bring back the v-12 s and save face. he knew going in that the cars sounded like crap

Baseball cards rubbing the spokes would be a good start :rolleyes:

People will be like "wow, these tires are noisy"

They should be punished for screwing up the cars like that. Bernie can bring back the v-12 s and save face. he knew going in that the cars sounded like crap
Maybe once they've mastered the new technology and manufacturers have implemented it into their road cars they'll go back to NA V8s/V10s. But that is a ways away.

Maybe once they've mastered the new technology and manufacturers have implemented it into their road cars they'll go back to NA V8s/V10s. But that is a ways away.

I wasnt pleased with the new product, I was hoping for something a little more vicious, like the old turbo cars. F-1 is going to suffer immensely from this, they have gone too far IMO

Cant wait to see what Bernie is gonna do now :)

People will be like "wow, these tires are noisy"
I don't hate the new sound as much as everybody else, but during the Australian GP, I SWEAR I could hear tires squealing when they played one of Vettel's in-car communication to the team engineer.

I don't hate the new sound as much as everybody else, but during the Australian GP, I SWEAR I could hear tires squealing when they played one of Vettel's in-car communication to the team engineer.

That's terrible.

I wouldnt be surprised if thats what you heard.

Well, I've heard tires squealing before of course, just usually not from big time racing cars.

A street legal track car, or obviously a drift car. But come on, a turbo charged f1 car? Paleeeeze. This will be a short lived experiment, I'm sure.

F1 is supposed to be at the forefront of automative racing technology - does it not make sense for them to "go green"? It's human nature to have a sentimental attachment towards tradition, and the loud scream of an F1 car is certainly a beloved tradition. I think that's the true conflict.

I'm tempted to support F1 in their changes. If F1 is truly a series about innovative technology - and it comes NOT at the expense of the on-track product - then I'm willing to support. I personally didn't notice much of an on-track difference at Australia.

Back
Top Bottom