2014 Richmond - Toyota Owners 400 - Pre Race Thread

BlvubTyCQAAzN6N.jpg:large

Heads up race fans.....

Friday night's ToyotaCare 250 @ Richmond will be broadcast on ESPNEWS. Tune in if you get it. Set your DVR's if you need to.

I love RIR but I am not looking forward to all the rehashing of last fall's cheating debacle. I'm sure Bowyer and MWR are dreading it as well.

I love RIR but I am not looking forward to all the rehashing of last fall's cheating debacle. I'm sure Bowyer and MWR are dreading it as well.
I wonder if that's why CB got married this past weekend? Probably trying to deflect some of the questions and steer them in that direction.

Here is the weekend schedule (all times Eastern):

Thursday
Nationwide practice, 1-2 p.m., no TV
Nationwide practice, 2:30-4 p.m., no TV
K&N East practice, 4:10-5:30 p.m., no TV

Friday
K&N East practice, 9-9:50 a.m., no TV
Sprint Cup practice, 10 a.m.-Noon, Fox Sports 1
Sprint Cup practice, 1-2 p.m.,Fox Sports 1
Nationwide qualifying, 3:10 p.m., ESPN2
Sprint Cup qualifying, 5:10 p.m., Fox Sports 1
Nationwide race (250 laps, 187.5 miles), 7 p.m., ESPNEWS
K&N East race (100 laps, 75 miles), 9:40 p.m., FS1 tape delay 4:30 p.m. May 2

Saturday
Sprint Cup race (400 laps, 300 miles), 7:30 p.m., Fox

@bobpockrass

Stanley, thru Ace Hardware Fdn, to donate $1M to Children's Miracle Network Hospitals if Ambrose wins RIR; $500,000 if 2nd, $250,000 if 3rd

Who here thinks Stanley's money is safe? I hope Children's Miracle Hospital has a backup plan.

@bobpockrass

Stanley, thru Ace Hardware Fdn, to donate $1M to Children's Miracle Network Hospitals if Ambrose wins RIR; $500,000 if 2nd, $250,000 if 3rd

Who here thinks Stanley's money is safe? I hope Children's Miracle Hospital has a backup plan.

Unfortunately, I think that the big money is safe.

However, it bugs me when a high roller like Stanley makes a charitable contribution contingent on something like the results of a race.

If you've got the money, just give it up already.

Unfortunately, I think that the big money is safe.

However, it bugs me when a high roller like Stanley makes a charitable contribution contingent on something like the results of a race.

If you've got the money, just give it up already.
Exactly. It would have been nice to see them throw up another number for outside the top 3 finishing spots. Maybe the whole story isn't being told?

Exactly. It would have been nice to see them throw up another number for outside the top 3 finishing spots. Maybe the whole story isn't being told?
The opportunity for Ambrose to race for an additional donation continues to prove the dedication that Stanley, DEWALT and the Ace Hardware Foundation have towards the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals and the "Racing for a Miracle" program. As in years past, Stanley and DEWALT have already pledged $100,000 to the program this year. It brings the total to over half a million dollars since the program's inception.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/29/stanley-ambrose-races-idUSnPNCL22359 1e0 PRN20130529

This is from last year... but I assume its the same sort of deal.. $100'000 donation and if he gets a top 3 additional donations of those values.

Top 10 Driver Ratings at Richmond:
#11-Denny Hamlin............................ 114.8
#18-Kyle Busch............................... 111.9
#4-Kevin Harvick............................ 110.0
#15-Clint Bowyer.............................. 100.7
#14-Tony Stewart............................... 96.5
#24-Jeff Gordon................................ 96.0
#41-Kurt Busch.................................. 92.2
#31-Ryan Newman............................. 91.6
#99-Carl Edwards.............................. 90.1
#48-Jimmie Johnson.......................... 88.5

@bobpockrass

Pretty pathetic move, Stanley. Show some sportsmanship and do this at WG.

Pretty pathetic move, Stanley. Show some sportsmanship and do this at WG.

...and the kids get dick if he sucks? Never understood this bull****. Stupid. Donate your money. Put something on the car. Have Marcos mention it. This ain't a game.

Back
Top Bottom