2014 Richmond - Toyota Owners 400 - Pre Race Thread

Pretty pathetic move, Stanley. Show some sportsmanship and do this at WG.
...and the kids get dick if he sucks? Never understood this bull****. Stupid. Donate your money. Put something on the car. Have Marcos mention it. This ain't a game.
Look back a page... the kids get $100k either way.... the finishes r for bonuses.

Current Cup Standings:

Where does that list come from?

After not being able to find Cup standings that reflect the new rules regarding qualifying for the Chase, I took the driver standings from Jayski and reconfigured them on an Excel document that I then converted to PDF.

Look back a page... the kids get $100k either way.... the finishes r for bonuses.

This isn't a damn game. We are talking sick kids. If you have the money, give the money. I retract my statement......kids get dick.....just not as much as if Marcos wins. Think about what we are talking about here. Stanley--"No way we are going to fund your kid's chemo--Marcos didn't win. However, Sally's is covered because we always give 100K." Seriously? Do this **** with Hot Pass Giveaways, etc.--not real life stuff. Stanley can kiss my ass.

I wonder if that's why CB got married this past weekend? Probably trying to deflect some of the questions and steer them in that direction.

I dont know, I have been told that he introduces her as his itch.

This isn't a damn game. We are talking sick kids. If you have the money, give the money. I retract my statement......kids get dick.....just not as much as if Marcos wins. Think about what we are talking about here. Stanley--"No way we are going to fund your kid's chemo--Marcos didn't win. However, Sally's is covered because we always give 100K." Seriously? Do this **** with Hot Pass Giveaways, etc.--not real life stuff. Stanley can kiss my ass.
Wtf?!.... When's the last time you gave sick kids $100k? Damn man... who says its a game? They don't HAVE to give them anything and to this date have donated over a half million dollars. Its a promotional thing with the team that if Marcos get a top 3 then they will donate more. Why is that a bad thing? Seriously... give ur head a shake buddy.

So let me guess.... were you mad at Kyle Busch when he donated the winnings from his first cup win to victims of hurricane Katrina saying he should have donated more because he has more money than that? :rolleyes:

Sounds about as reasonable to me as what ur saying right now lol

Last edited:
@bobpockrass

Stanley, thru Ace Hardware Fdn, to donate $1M to Children's Miracle Network Hospitals if Ambrose wins RIR; $500,000 if 2nd, $250,000 if 3rd

Who here thinks Stanley's money is safe? I hope Children's Miracle Hospital has a backup plan.

Seems gimcky to me. An Ambrose oval cup win is as common as a genuine Benny Hinn healing.

I am disappointed that Jeff Burton isnt running. I figured he would do Richmond.
Was planning on using him as a Yahoo pick.

Wtf?!.... When's the last time you gave sick kids $100k? Damn man... who says its a game? They don't HAVE to give them anything and to this date have donated over a half million dollars. Its a promotional thing with the team that if Marcos get a top 3 then they will donate more. Why is that a bad thing? Seriously... give ur head a shake buddy.

So let me guess.... were you mad at Kyle Busch when he donated the winnings from his first cup win to victims of hurricane Katrina saying he should have donated more because he has more money than that? :rolleyes:

Sounds about as reasonable to me as what ur saying right now lol

It's a game when you get more $ if Marcos wins (WINNER), but you get less $ if he loses (LOSER). Those kids have already lost. Do not dick with them. You gonna give, give all you can--that's all I am saying. WHEN Marcos loses, Stanley will walk away giving less than they could. Is that right? Oh yeah, "Here sick kids, be thankful for what you got and shut the hell up." bull****. Again, do this with fan stuff--not with people's lives. Your Kyle Busch comparison is a stretch--not worthy of comment.

Revman is 100% right. If you have the money and you're willing to donate, then donate. Who gives a crap if Marcos wins or gets 28th, does it make much of a difference? The way they are going about this, giving more or less depending on where he finishes, is just a really stupid PR gimmick done in bad taste. The chances of Marcos getting a top three are extremely slim and everyone knows it.

Thursday
Nationwide practice, 1-2 p.m., no TV
Nationwide practice, 2:30-4 p.m., no TV
K&N East practice, 4:10-5:30 p.m., no TV

Friday
K&N East practice, 9-9:50 a.m., no TV
Sprint Cup practice, 10 a.m.-Noon, Fox Sports 1
Sprint Cup practice, 1-2 p.m., Fox Sports 1
Nationwide qualifying, 3:10 p.m., ESPN2
Sprint Cup qualifying, 5:10 p.m., Fox Sports 1
Nationwide race (250 laps, 187.5 miles), 7 p.m., ESPNEWS
K&N East race (100 laps, 75 miles), 9:40 p.m., FS1 tape delay 4:30 p.m. May 2

Saturday
Sprint Cup race (400 laps, 300 miles), 7 p.m., Fox

It's a game when you get more $ if Marcos wins (WINNER), but you get less $ if he loses (LOSER). Those kids have already lost. Do not dick with them. You gonna give, give all you can--that's all I am saying. WHEN Marcos loses, Stanley will walk away giving less than they could. Is that right? Oh yeah, "Here sick kids, be thankful for what you got and shut the hell up." bull****. Again, do this with fan stuff--not with people's lives. Your Kyle Busch comparison is a stretch--not worthy of comment.
Revman is 100% right. If you have the money and you're willing to donate, then donate. Who gives a crap if Marcos wins or gets 28th, does it make much of a difference? The way they are going about this, giving more or less depending on where he finishes, is just a really stupid PR gimmick done in bad taste. The chances of Marcos getting a top three are extremely slim and everyone knows it.
Bad PR move for Stanley as you don't put a contingency on helping children.
I disagree... it's my opinion and you are all entitled to yours.. but any company or person that is willing to donate any amount of money to charity is good in my books. I don't understand how donating money can be bad for PR... "thanks for the $100k... but you're an a**hole because its not more?!" Absolutely ridiculous. This company has donated over a half million dollars to sick kids and you guys are somehow finding a way to put a bad spin on that. Pathetic. Who cares if they're going to give more if he gets a top 3?! It's not like the money goes to one kid.. it's going to buy machines and stuff for the hospital. Things that hospital most likely would not have had otherwise. There is nothing bad about that whatsoever... I kind of get what ur saying with the contingency thing but I completely disagree that it makes Stanley look bad. The bottom line in this is that they will be donating AT LEAST ANOTHER $100'000 and maybe more... you guys pool ur money together and make a similar donation and then you might have grounds to talk bad about Stanley Tools.

I cant think off hand of any but I know I've most definitely heard of this kind of thing happening on several occasions... "So and so finishes top 10 and this happens, this person wins and we'll do this"...

The fact that you guys can somehow find a way to make a company look bad for donating at least $100'000 to charity for sick kids is just plain asinine IN MY OPINION.

Regardless of where Ambrose finishes.. there is a good chance that there are very sick young children that will be treated for something or even have their lives saved by the actions of those at Stanley tools and whatever donation they make. The fact that you can somehow make that seem like a bad thing is just ridiculous crazy talk to me.

This is MY opinion.. you don't have to agree or like it but I think it makes a lot more sense than what you guys are saying. I guarantee you there wont be any sick kids mad at Marcos Ambrose for not getting a top 3... on the flip side I can definitely guarantee you that $100'000 donation will be VERY much appreciated by whichever hospital it is donated to and by the parents of any sick child it may help.

Last edited:
....also... have you ever considered just maaaaybe part of the donation might come from the race winnings? If he wins then there's more money to donate... so saying "you could have donated more but didn't" or whatever nonsense that was.. might not be accurate.

....also... have you ever considered just maaaaybe part of the donation might come from the race winnings? If he wins then there's more money to donate... so saying "you could have donated more but didn't" or whatever nonsense that was.. might not be accurate.

There are sick kids. If you have money to give, I want EVERY freakin' penny. Done.

Were gona have to agree to disagree on this one and Im done discussing it because I like you... and seeing anymore of your opinion on this may change that. I like talking NASCAR with you and I think its a bad topic to get any further into. That is all. :)

Robert Griffin III To Pilot Pace Car At Toyota Owners 400 In Richmond

About a month ago Robert Griffin III told Dale Earnhardt Jr. and President of Richmond International Raceway Dennis Bickmeier he was game to drive the pace car for a NASCAR event.

On Wednesday the track announced it would take the Redskins quarterback at his word.

Griffin III will pilot the Official Pace Car to start the TOYOTA OWNERS 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race on Saturday in Richmond, Va., where Washington established the Bon Secours Training Center last year.

The signal-caller will lead a field of 43 NASCAR drivers to the Green flag after he trains to drive the Pace Car and visits with two of the world’s most prominent Redskins fans. Earnhardt Jr. will show Griffin III around the track. Three-time Super Bowl champion coach Joe Gibbs – who owns Joe Gibbs Racing – will host the quarterback for a garage tour.

Earnhardt Jr. first floated the idea of bringing Griffin III to a race on March 23.

The practice of contingency-based charity is not a new one. It's kind of like when celebrities play for their charities on a game show. For example, when they do Celebrity Jeopardy, I think the celebs get a base amount for their charities, and anything additional is based on how they do in the game. Not much different than what Stanley is doing really. You also see it in other sports, where a company will donate so much to charity for every touchdown, run, or goal scored.

Having said that, kudos to Stanley for giving the $100k, and hopefully Ambrose will finish in the top 3 on Saturday.

Robert Griffin III To Pilot Pace Car At Toyota Owners 400 In Richmond

About a month ago Robert Griffin III told Dale Earnhardt Jr. and President of Richmond International Raceway Dennis Bickmeier he was game to drive the pace car for a NASCAR event.

On Wednesday the track announced it would take the Redskins quarterback at his word.

Griffin III will pilot the Official Pace Car to start the TOYOTA OWNERS 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race on Saturday in Richmond, Va., where Washington established the Bon Secours Training Center last year.

The signal-caller will lead a field of 43 NASCAR drivers to the Green flag after he trains to drive the Pace Car and visits with two of the world’s most prominent Redskins fans. Earnhardt Jr. will show Griffin III around the track. Three-time Super Bowl champion coach Joe Gibbs – who owns Joe Gibbs Racing – will host the quarterback for a garage tour.

Earnhardt Jr. first floated the idea of bringing Griffin III to a race on March 23.
Packers WR Jordy Nelson is also going to drive the pace car at Kansas. These NFL guys might put poor Brett Bodine out of work. ;)

The practice of contingency-based charity is not a new one. It's kind of like when celebrities play for their charities on a game show. For example, when they do Celebrity Jeopardy, I think the celebs get a base amount for their charities, and anything additional is based on how they do in the game. Not much different than what Stanley is doing really. You also see it in other sports, where a company will donate so much to charity for every touchdown, run, or goal scored.

Having said that, kudos to Stanley for giving the $100k, and hopefully Ambrose will finish in the top 3 on Saturday.
Finally someone sensible. Thank you. I hope he gets a top 3 too. It'd be nice to see them donate that much. Regardless it's awesome they're doing that. I always liked Ambrose and would like to see him win some oval races. Hopefully he wins this weekend.

Way to go Stanley.

@bobpockrass

RPM expects Richard Petty to be back at track this wknd. Almirola said he has been watching races and offering advice while staying at home.
Nothing to do with this really but I wonder if they're looking in to the Petty Vs Danica thing... Petty said he would do it. I hope it becomes a real thing.

Were gona have to agree to disagree on this one and Im done discussing it because I like you... and seeing anymore of your opinion on this may change that. I like talking NASCAR with you and I think its a bad topic to get any further into. That is all. :)

I was done a couple of posts ago bro. I'm a little different from you.....as I mentioned to you previously, I do not share your opinion of your favorite driver or team, yet I have tremendous respect for your passion and commitment. I cannot think of an opinion that you could express that would change my feelings on the issue. I enjoy your posts. An opinion wouldn't change that, however, a personal attack would. I never attacked you--just disagreed. We're good bro. Hearing that Kez was bad fast at the Charlotte test.....

That would be a dumb thing to do for either of them. No winners in that scenario regardless of the outcome.

Sure there is. Put them in go-karts or something, so the outcome is meaningless, but then use the event as a fundraiser for Victory Junction and Drive4COPD. Sell some tickets, auction off some swag.

Back
Top Bottom