2015 Rolex 24 at Daytona Race Thread

Get That 88 Up There !!

Love United Hate Glazer
Here's our 1st race thread of the year :)
As always, it will be a good, it comes on FOX at 2
Go Ferrari and Viper GTS Teams !!!

Go team Ganassi :punkrocke

NASCAR Drivers Prepare for Rolex 24
By: Pete Pistone - @PPistone on January 12, 2015 | 9:45 A.M. EST
There will once again be a distinctive NASCAR flavor to this year’s running of the Rolex 24 at Daytona.

The prestigious twice-around-the-clock endurance race is set for Saturday and Sunday, Jan. 24-25, on the 3.56-mile Daytona International Speedway road course. Several teams tuned up this past weekend in the annual "Roar Before the 24" test session as preparations continue for the season-opening round of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship.

There were 53 entries in the IMSA garage for the three-day session including NASCAR drivers AJ Allmendinger, who is driving for Michael Shank Racing; and Kyle Larson and Jamie McMurray, Sprint Cup Series teammates at Chip Ganassi Racing.

Allmendinger has already visited Victory Lane in the Rolex 24, winning the race in 2012 with MSR.

"This is the type of racecar I've always wanted to drive," Allmendinger said. "They just look beautiful as a racecar and anybody you talk to that's sat in one of them raves about how much fun they are to drive."

Despite his past experience, Allmendinger acknowledged that there is a learning curve this time around.

"I never sat on the right side of a racecar," he said. "That's the first thing that threw me off. Everything you've learned - how you judge racecars, where you place your car ... it's just a little bit different from where you sit in the car. It's nuances like that which only come with laps, getting in the car, figuring out each lap and where you need to place the car."
McMurray and Larson are again part of the potent Ganassi lineup that includes IndyCar stars Scott Dixon and Tony Kanaan. Dixon was second-fastest on Day 1 of the Daytona test in the No. 02 Target Ford EcoBoost/Riley.

more...
http://www.mrn.com/Race-Series/NASC...5/01/NASCAR-Drivers-Prepare-for-Rolex-24.aspx

CORVETTE RACING AT DAYTONA: GTLM Pole Position for Gavin, Corvette C7.R
daytona1.jpg
First pole position for Corvette Racing at Daytona since 2000; Barbosa fourth in Prototype

• Gavin, Magnussen team up for pole position in first TUDOR Championship race of 2015
  • Both Corvette C7.Rs in GT Le Mans class top five
  • Defending winner Action Express Racing leads Corvette DP contingent
For the first time in 15 years, Corvette Racing will start the Rolex 24 At Daytona from pole position. Oliver Gavin was the fastest qualifier in the GT Le Mans (GTLM) class for the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship in the No. 4 Chevrolet Corvette C7.R on Thursday at Daytona International Speedway.

Gavin turned a best lap of 1:43.488 (123.840 mph) in the Corvette C7.R that he will share this weekend with Tommy Milner and Simon Pagenaud. Gavin is the first Corvette Racing driver since Ron Fellows in 2000 to earn fastest-qualifier honors at the Rolex 24. He was 0.342 seconds quicker than the next fastest qualifier as the second season for the Corvette C7.R got off to a roaring start. more »

in a round about way, Tommy Milner reminds me of another Milner :idunno:

upload_2015-1-24_13-1-24.jpeg

finally checked in about an hour ago. Rooting for the 02

FS2 crew just had an awesome phone interview with Memo Gidley.

Hey @FLRacingFan, are you camping in the infield? That's what I plan to do when I go.

Go to sleep and wake up to the sweet smell and sound of motorsport.

The car counts in GTLM are so frustrating because it's such an amazing series. This stuff is so great in person. Had a great time at Road America last year.

They should give up on the DeltaWing. It seems every race they enter they encounter technical problems

Can't read the thread. Just finished a 12 hour shift and I have it on the DVR going now. My current time is 23 hr 46 min remaining.

Back
Top Bottom