2015 Rolex 24 at Daytona Race Thread

I'm listening on a stream, so when they go to commercial, I hear all kinds of different motors. Pretty cool
They went to the in car video for each car identifying each make/type of engine.

checkbanana.gif

I enjoyed it. Good stuff, Tudor/IMSA is getting better every year. They say Acura might be coming in and Ford might bring back the GT. Hope Sebring is as good next month.

Fantastic race. Like I said, this is the best racing in the world. Congrats to CGR and Corvette and all other winners.

That JMAC is something else. In special company at Daytona.

Fantastic race. Like I said, this is the best racing in the world. Congrats to CGR and Corvette and all other winners.

That JMAC is something else. In special company at Daytona.

Jamie didn't deserve it. Just got back to my hotel, have been up since like 7am yesterday, watched from the grandstands all night. Jamie's stints sucked. Dixon, Kanaan, and Larson kicked ass out there.

Last edited:
Just finished the race. Heartbreaker for the Taylor boys. Stoked on the 02 winning though. Very cool to see a couple Indy guys and a couple Cup guys(those 4 in particular) sharing the overall.

Fun battle in GTLM at the end too. Cool to see the USA perform so well!

Jamie didn't deserve it. Just got back to my hotel, have been up since like 7am yesterday, watched from the grandstands all night. Jamie's stints sucked. Dixon, Kanaan, and Larson kicked ass out there.

You are a badass. How was that? I imagine it was pretty private, almost like a personal race, at some points during the night.

Some good racing so far and no ridiculous amount of cautions. Imagine that. That Aston/Ferrari incident could have been avoided.

@FLRacingFan do you know if they allow fishing in the giant pond there? That would be on the list to do there if allowed.
I didn't see anyone doing it, but I've heard they do it during the Roar. But I don't know if that's just for Scout Days or everyone.

You are a badass. How was that? I imagine it was pretty private, almost like a personal race, at some points during the night.

not trying to sound like a badass, and there were actually people in the grandstands all night, not many, but there were never a ton even at the start and finish.
i think one of Jamie's stints was at like 6am. So i was just saying i was actually up to see his stints! Not that hard to stay up all night just drinking NOS and 5 hour energy lol

also, anyone going to Tudor races, GET THE APP! The timing and scoring is so valuable in figuring out which GTs are where, which driver is currently in, how much time is remaining , etc.. track commentary was pretty much worthless, under yellow, if i really tried to pay attention i could make out something.

Disagree. He kept the car out of trouble, delivered the car to the next driver in one piece. Endurance racing is not about who is the fastest the whole event, it's about surviving. To say he doesn't deserve it is laughable and it sounds like you got something against him. If I'm not mistaken all the drivers made mistakes and struggled at times.

Jamie's first stint was nothing to brag about but he did gain back some position he lost.

also, anyone going to Tudor races, GET THE APP! The timing and scoring is so valuable in figuring out which GTs are where, which driver is currently in, how much time is remaining , etc.. track commentary was pretty much worthless, under yellow, if i really tried to pay attention i could make out something.
The app is a big plus. When I wanted to hear commentary I tried to find a quieter part of the track, put my headphones in, and listened to the Radio Le Mans mobile site.

Disagree. He kept the car out of trouble, delivered the car to the next driver in one piece. Endurance racing is not about who is the fastest the whole event, it's about surviving. To say he doesn't deserve it is laughable and it sounds like you got something against him. If I'm not mistaken all the drivers made mistakes and struggled at times.

Jamie's first stint was nothing to brag about but he did gain back some position he lost.

Well, luckily you can disagree.
I was watching the prototype battle really closely. The car was in great position, Jamie took it over, lost a bunch. TK got in there, pretty much made everything back up that Jamie had lost, he handed it over to Kyle and Kyle was challenging for the lead. Jamies stint at 5 or 6 am, whenever, lost time too. Didn't matter in the end since they ended up getting the win anyway, but maybe next time they should just stick to Dixon, Larson and TK. 3 drivers like Wayne Taylor racing. Not trying to be a hater, but he brought the team down, results would have been better without him.

Kyle Larson really never fails to impress with whatever he is racing, I thought he might struggle a bit at first since he doesn't have experience with these. He went out there for his first stint ( i think it was some time after midnight?) and was on it from the start. He's gonna be fun to watch for a long time.

The app is a big plus. When I wanted to hear commentary I tried to find a quieter part of the track, put my headphones in, and listened to the Radio Le Mans mobile site.

You were there all night too? That's bitchin! How much was admission? Was it all basically general admission and you could go in and out of the infield?

I actually had thought of that after i was already at the track but hadn't brought my headphones. Although between the timing and scoring and checking a bit on twitter i was able to keep up with what was going on pretty well. Always had to check twitter to see which car it was that was stopped on the track bringing out a full course caution, so hard to see those far away spots at night.

You were there all night too? That's bitchin! How much was admission? Was it all basically general admission and you could go in and out of the infield?

I had the 4 day pass (wanted to go to the Continental Tire race as well) and it was $90. It did allow you in the infield, pretty much wherever you wanted to go. Don't know how much it was just for the saturday/sunday pass

I enjoyed it. Good stuff, Tudor/IMSA is getting better every year. They say Acura might be coming in and Ford might bring back the GT. Hope Sebring is as good next month.
It will be even better once the GTD class becomes full GT3 spec in 2016 and the Prototype category is overhauled in 2017.

What I do is run the 5K in the morning (which sucked this year since it was windy and rainy) for like $25 and you get a free two-day general admission grandstand/infield wristband included with your registration. As long as you have that on you can walk in and out of the facility whenever you like. I got a hard ticket for the CTSCC race (which was a great one) on Friday for $20.

Well, luckily you can disagree.
I was watching the prototype battle really closely. The car was in great position, Jamie took it over, lost a bunch. TK got in there, pretty much made everything back up that Jamie had lost, he handed it over to Kyle and Kyle was challenging for the lead. Jamies stint at 5 or 6 am, whenever, lost time too. Didn't matter in the end since they ended up getting the win anyway, but maybe next time they should just stick to Dixon, Larson and TK. 3 drivers like Wayne Taylor racing. Not trying to be a hater, but he brought the team down, results would have been better without him.

Kyle Larson really never fails to impress with whatever he is racing, I thought he might struggle a bit at first since he doesn't have experience with these. He went out there for his first stint ( i think it was some time after midnight?) and was on it from the start. He's gonna be fun to watch for a long time.

So was I. He still didn't destroy the car. He kept in contention. He did his part. Rolex-worthy.

Back
Top Bottom