2016 Austrian Grand Prix = Red Bull Ring

Rosberg pushed Hamilton off track and Hamilton didn't lift. Rosberg left no room for Hamilton to get back on the track which led Hamilton to damage Rosberg's car. I didn't understand the crowd booing Hamilton.

It's so obvious Mercedes is rigging it for Nico it isn't even funny, glad Lewis gave them a giant middle finger today

Rosberg saying he had the inside and had the right of way is puzzling.

He made plenty of passes from the outside and now Hamilton does it to him and its his fault? o_O
I think most people know what Nico was doing and more people would respect him if he came out and said he was just trying to run Hamilton wide like Lewis always does to him. No need to cover it up. Even if the brakes were letting go he hugged the left side of the track on corner exit and almost forced Lewis into the grass, or did.

Also, Laura said Nico had a brake problem.

I don't know if they told Nico or what, but damn he could have just let Lewis go by instead of costing the team constructors points.

I don't know man, Mercedes is so dysfuntional and still so dominant.
Love the ongoing Mercedes drama. Horrible move by Nico and it bit him hard.

Love seeing Max and Kimi on the podium!
Regardless of who you favor it's definitely going to go down as one of the best intrasquad rivalries in F1 in quite some time, like Webber/Vettel and Prost/Senna.

When I listened to Nico's response to his altercation with Hamilton I heard "blah blah blah excuse".

It looked to me like Rosberg might have been able to exit that corner ahead of Hamilton if he had driven properly to the apex. Am I crazy? Did he have to put Hamilton in the weeds to win? I dunno.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...ised--stays-fourth--after-hamilton-clash.html

After examining video and telemetry evidence, and having heard from Rosberg, Hamilton and representatives from Mercedes, the stewards determined that Rosberg had not allowed Hamilton 'racing room'.

The penalty does not alter the classification however - Rosberg was handed a 10-second time penalty, but was 14 seconds ahead of Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo at the chequered flag, meaning he stays fourth overall.

Rosberg was also given two penalty points on his licence, and reprimanded for completing the race with a damaged car, thereby spreading debris on the track. However, as the stewards noted: "We do note the extenuating circumstances and the fact that the driver of Car 6 (ROS) did slow down significantly and attempted to mitigate the risk to other drivers and cars."

With regard to the collision itself, the statement from the stewards read: "Having taken note of the extensive evidence given by both drivers and the video and telemetry data, it was apparent that Car 44 (HAM) was in front of Car 6 (ROS) – i.e. more than fully alongside – and that the driver of Car 44 could have clearly made the turn (T2) on the track, if not for the resultant collision.

Back
Top Bottom