2016 Charlotte - Coca-Cola 600 - Pre Race Thread

That tropical low will not affect Charlotte area on race day trust me lol my degree is in atmospheric science. The bigger worry is the moisture flow ahead of it will be strong leading to a typical southern afternoon with pop up thunderstorms

That tropical low will not affect Charlotte area on race day trust me lol my degree is in atmospheric science. The bigger worry is the moisture flow ahead of it will be strong leading to a typical southern afternoon with pop up thunderstorms
Now, say all that in front of a green screen

So, 17 foot flagpole in the middle of the tailgating lot; good idea or bad idea?

Good enough for me. I wasn't expecting any winds that far inland from a storm this early in the season, just precip. But I have family on the coast so I have to keep up with it anyway.

Sunday: A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 81. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Sunday Night: A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 67.

It is quite sad that only 10 drivers have a chance to win. It is exciting Coke has sponsored the event for 30 years.

I'm starting to get worried about the weather, looks like about a 60-70% chance of rain now for Sunday afternoon into evening. The potential good news is it looks like maybe the rain could come thru around early afternoon and then be gone by race time. Keep your fingers crossed!

Reactions: Acs
I'm starting to get worried about the weather, looks like about a 60-70% chance of rain now for Sunday afternoon into evening. The potential good news is it looks like maybe the rain could come thru around early afternoon and then be gone by race time. Keep your fingers crossed!
Heck, I've been concerned for days. The forecasts are all over the board: between 60 and 90%, ranging from Sunday morn to Monday evening.

About twenty four hours later...........................

Sunday: Showers likely before 9am, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm between 9am and 11am, then showers and thunderstorms likely after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 77. North wind 8 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Sunday Night: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 66. North wind 5 to 7 mph.

Still all over the place. NWS has 60% Sunday, dropping down to 40% by green flag and continuing to drop. Weather Channel has 60% day and night. Weather Underground has 35% at green, rising to 50% by 10pm.

We'll catch practice and the X race today and see what it looks like in the morning.

Kurt sitting top of practice again. What happened at qualifying? Oh well, this is a long race

13th.

I love when they talk about Kurt during practice. It fascinates me when Kurt breaks down what his car is doing.
Same here. Looks like his car is really good for a few laps and falling off quick. I guess that would explain the 13th in qualifying.

Truex has the field covered but we know he won't win. I have a feeling Larson will be really fast as well but dissapoint in the end. I'll take Cousin Carl

Truex has the field covered but we know he won't win. I have a feeling Larson will be really fast as well but dissapoint in the end. I'll take Cousin Carl
I put all 3 of them in most of my draftkings lineups lol. Along with Chase.

Weather looks down-right lousy. We plan on leaving Columbia around 1:00, but we may not get in the car at all. We'll see what it looks like in a few hours.

I just looked at the radar on my phone.:eek: Man I feel for those race fans up there. Forecast calling for rain today tomorrow and Tuesday. :(

I hope they can find a window to get r in.

nascarcasm ‏@nascarcasm 7m7 minutes ago
BTW if you're in CLT for #CocaCola600 and don't get the Moon Pie Burger at @PitRoadBarGrill, you so foolish.
CjZE8S4WUAAWsGi.jpg
Saturday at CMS I got a 'Salted Caramel MoonPie Milkshake'. Watching her make it was almost worth the $5 by itself. A couple of big scoops of vanilla, a cup of milk, a big squirt of Hershey's syrup (and a second, bigger one when I whined, 'C'mon, you can do better than that!'), and an entire single-decker chocolate MoonPie. Slap it on the spindle and serve with whipped cream in a plastic Mason jar mug.

Honestly, it was okay, but crumbs kept clogging the straw, and I couldn't taste salted caramel at all. The guy behind the counter said I was the first one to order one that day, and this was around 2:00. It was also very labor intensive, what with assembling it and blending it on the spindle, and took almost 5 minutes. I asked if it took so much time and labor and so few were ordered, was it worth stocking the ingredients and selling them. He said it was a track mandate for the ice cream vendors.

Fool me once ... :D

Well it's early in the morning and there isn't a whole lot behind the rain falling right now. It has weakened as its making landfall and the rain should subside here shortly. As I said earlier it's going to be scattered showers throughout the day

Both weather channel and accuweateher reporting it should clear by 1. Right now if this is what's considered rain it's nothing. However the pop up shower might come around half way into the race. I think we may just have another Talledega on our hands.

Weather looks down-right lousy. We plan on leaving Columbia around 1:00, but we may not get in the car at all. We'll see what it looks like in a few hours.

It's raining very lightly now here in Concord and like said, just looks down-right gloomy out there. At least it's early in the day so there's plenty of time for the rain to stop, and weather.com has it down to a 15% chance of rain at race time.

Back
Top Bottom