2016 European Grand Prix = Baku

I can't get over how clean that race was. Loved how fast the track was, and there really was pretty solid overtaking spots... but if they continue racing here it's just a matter of time until people start to get caught out. they need to do something about run off room.

I'm hoping someone closes in on top end speed with the Mercs... Nico just walked away today.

This rule that you can't talk to your driver about car problems needs to go. The single most stupidest rule in any sport ever.
The rule is intended to combat the impression of radio controlled cars driven by nerds in the pits. What they need to do is completely stop streaming data from the cars. It is ridiculous to have the situation that it takes a pack of engineers to control an F1 car. It's just one way in which F1 has lost the plot of what racing is all about, IMO.

When a series like F-1 has two cars that are consistently at least a second a lap faster than the rest it pretty much spoils things. It has gotten down to "which Mercedes will win today"
Add the pathetic sounding cars to the mix and I can barely watch a series that I loved dearly up until the last few years.
Imagine a Nascar race that had a car that was at least a second a lap faster at every track

This rule that you can't talk to your driver about car problems needs to go. The single most stupidest rule in any sport ever.
I agree, a driver needs to communicate with the team.
The rule is intended to combat the impression of radio controlled cars driven by nerds in the pits. What they need to do is completely stop streaming data from the cars. It is ridiculous to have the situation that it takes a pack of engineers to control an F1 car. It's just one way in which F1 has lost the plot of what racing is all about, IMO.
I also agree that they need to stop streaming data. The idea should be to set up the car for the race and put the execution of the race in the driver's hands. Communication with the team should support that (rather than instructing the driver what to do). NASCAR does that pretty well.

F1 represents the pinnacle of racing. It doesn't produce good racing. The logical progression is to build a car beyond human control. F1 has tried a number of things to promote better racing but they have failed.

The racing is great when it rains, it is more equal, equipment wise. But you are right, it is not much fun watching everybody else fight for third place.

This frontstretch is wild. ~225 MPH into the first turn during the race, ~ 235 MPH during qualifying.

Leave this place in the dust. Nothing but uninspiring DRS overtakes for the most part.

Much-needed dominant performance for Nico after the debacles at Spain, Monaco, and Montreal.

Did anyone go to this race? It seemed like atmosphere at this place was non-existent. Just dull.

Back
Top Bottom