2016 Homestead - Ford EcoBoost 400 - Pre Race Thread

Ive always liked Bowyer.. Hes probably my second driver if u dont count team cars.

Im really looking forward to seeing what he can do in the 14.. I think he'll be #2 at SHR behind Harvick

He's going to be there with Kurt in terms of consistency, I cannot wait to see him start winning again.

It's long overdue for him.

FRIDAY, NOV. 18:

ON TRACK
-- 8:30-9:30 a.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series first practice, FS1 (Follow live)
-- 10:30-11:25 a.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series final practice, FS1 (Follow live)
-- 12:30-1:55 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series first practice, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Follow live)
-- 2-3:25 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series first practice, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Follow live)
-- 3:45 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Keystone Light Pole Qualifying, FS1 (Follow live)
-- 5-5:55 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series final practice, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Follow live)
-- 6:15 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Follow live)
-- 8 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Ford EcoBoost 200 (134 laps, 201 miles), FS1 (Follow live)

PRESS CONFERENCES (Watch live)

-- 10:15 a.m.: Darrell Gwynn Foundation
-- 11:45 a.m.: Tony Stewart
-- 2 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Championship 4 owners -- Joe Gibbs, Rick Hendrick and Roger Penske
-- 7:30 p.m. approx.: Post-NASCAR Sprint Cup Series qualifying
-- 10 p.m. approx.: Post-NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race

GARAGECAM (Watch live)
-- Noon: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series
-- 1:30 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series

CxjCmjSXgAAeOHy.jpg:large

Agreed, although I thought the defending champ always had stall #1?
Yeah, I don't remember. I always thought they were simply lined up by points. Same thing with the haulers in the infield. A perk of gaining that position.

I know years ago the defending champ would get the 1st pit stall selection. I'm not sure if that also translated to the garage area.

Last edited:
Really hoping one of these truck guys puts Larson into the wall ASAP. I was really disappointed to see that he was racing this week.

I'll be glad when the Penske anniversary celebration is over. If you're not right up beside the #22, all the images just make it look like it needs to be washed.

It's funny that people really think Jimmie isn't a lock. Greatest driver ever+greatest crew chief ever+month to prepare. Say goodnight Gracie

It's funny that people really think Jimmie isn't a lock. Greatest driver ever+greatest crew chief ever+month to prepare. Say goodnight Gracie
Didn't you also think they were just going to hand JG the trophy last year tho?

I think Jimmie is far from a lock. I'm honestly expecting a 22/19 championship.

Yeah I'd actually put Jimmie odds as the least favourite. He's been strong lately but I imagine the winner might be the 22 or 19.

True, but NASCAR did try there usual shenigans at the end of the race last year, but Jeff had a 12th place car so it didn't matter. Jimmie is not only the best driver, but speed wise he could easily have 4 wins in the chase

Really hoping one of these truck guys puts Larson into the wall ASAP. I was really disappointed to see that he was racing this week.

Was it not last year here where he won but did not go to victory lane, just pulled off the track into the pits so the series regular could celebrate. While I agree about the cup drivers racing in lower series I think that move showed alot of class on larson's part

Larson is going for that trifecta this weekend...and he may actually get it.

Larson is going for that trifecta this weekend...and he may actually get it.

Xfinity for sure, unless he garages it. Trucks maybe, Byron is his only threat, cup zero chance, they will throw debris cautions and make sure the final 4 are battling on a GWC or late restart

Yeah, I don't remember. I always thought they were simply lined up by points. Same thing with the haulers in the infield. A perk of gaining that position.

I know years ago the defending champ would get the 1st pit stall selection. I'm not sure if that also translated to the garage area.
Haulers are now parked in team groups, I am not sure how the order of teams is figured. .

I hate to keep reading that there will be more grip. That is something that does not lead to better racing. Surely they've figured this out by now.
scratchhead.gif
I am thinking more grip means more degradation which is a good thing. Especially with long green runs, to short pit or not, and separate who can put together the best runs or times throughout the entire cycle(s) .
Would really enjoy seeing if a high liner like Larson could exploit the fall off rates to his advantage.
Would be a great thing prior to the final catchup caution is displayed.

Yep, let the 2nd to 5th best trucks go for it...

Qualifying.. lol did they not hear Chad say to take it easy on tires? 48 didn't run that lap 100℅, NBC loves their drama lol

JJ not gonna make it to the second round?

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

SATURDAY, NOV. 19:

ON TRACK
-- 10-10:55 a.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series second practice, CNBC/NBC Sports App (Follow live)
-- 11:15 a.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, CNBC/NBC Sports App (Follow live)
-- 1-1:50 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series final practice, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Follow live)
-- 3:30 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series Ford EcoBoost 300 (200 laps, 300 miles), NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Follow live)

PRESS CONFERENCES (Watch live)

-- 2 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Championship 4 manufacturers -- Jim Campbell, Ed Laukes and Dave Pericak
-- 6:30 p.m. approx.: Post-NASCAR XFINITY Series race

Qualifying is okay, but these commentators are trying to make it way more exciting than it actually is.
I've grown to dislike the format more & more each time that I watch it. I watched it last night only because of what's on the line this weekend. IMO the format is a complete mess with multiple cars on the track at a time. While it may be dull to many, I prefer one car against the clock. I liked the ghost car used to show the divers lines. I liked the extended time that it took to complete the process.

The only enjoyment that I got out of seeing it last night was seeing that the final four are all starting only a couple rows apart.

I've grown to dislike the format more & more each time that I watch it. I watched it last night only because of what's on the line this weekend. IMO the format is a complete mess with multiple cars on the track at a time. While it may be dull to many, I prefer one car against the clock. I liked the ghost car used to show the divers lines. I liked the extended time that it took to complete the process.

The only enjoyment that I got out of seeing it last night was seeing that the final four are all starting only a couple rows apart.
I've come to like it. As a fantasy player, I find the results of multi-round qualifying are a more accurate predictor of race performance than the single-lap format. I get a better feel for short-term runs. A team has a chance to make up for a bad single-lap run. (Isn't that similar to one of our Chase complaints, that there's no opportunity to make up for a single bad race?) We've see that at a few tracks, the fastest times don't come until a car has put two or three laps on the tires. Using a relatively open time period instead of a random draw for Q order reduces the effects of early vs. late run, changing weather conditions, cloud cover, etc.

As to multiple cars on the track, that's the teams' fault. If they want to run in clean air, they have plenty of opportunity. They're the ones choosing to sit in the pits until there's two minutes left.

I'm with you on the 'Ghost Line' tracker.

Intriguing approach to the weekend by the 18. Race run yesterday (nobody else did), but sacrificed a set of tires. Pretty good speed on worn tires. If he has any launch speed on new tires in Happy Hour, I will sleep well.

If NASCAR knew what was good for them they would permanently move this race to Saturday night. NASCAR would have almost no real competition from NCAA football. The entire SEC schedules puffcake D2 opponents and all other conferences schedule near meaningless day games as warmup for next weekend's big end of season rivalry night games. All that means is instead of competing with the NFL NASCAR could probably be king of this saturday night's sports.

If NASCAR knew what was good for them they would permanently move this race to Saturday night. NASCAR would have almost no real competition from NCAA football. The entire SEC schedules puffcake D2 opponents and all other conferences schedule near meaningless day games as warmup for next weekend's big end of season rivalry night games. All that means is instead of competing with the NFL NASCAR could probably be king of this saturday night's sports.

NASCAR has no idea what is good for it. Well established on this board. Off topic....kind of....who looks fast to you so far?

Back
Top Bottom