2016 Homestead - Ford EcoBoost 400 - Pre Race Thread

NASCAR has no idea what is good for it. Well established on this board. Off topic....kind of....who looks fast to you so far?

I will answer myself because talking about the racing isn't fashionable on this board anymore. I think that Carl is the fastest, 22 is there, and the 48 has so so speed. Kyle is lurking. Can't wait for Happy Hour. It's going to be fascinating.

I will answer myself because talking about the racing isn't fashionable on this board anymore. I think that Carl is the fastest, 22 is there, and the 48 has so so speed. Kyle is lurking. Can't wait for Happy Hour. It's going to be fascinating.

Haven't really been watching practice and qualifying so I wouldn't know, that's probably why you aren't getting your answers. We'll know who's fast sunday.

If NASCAR knew what was good for them they would permanently move this race to Saturday night. NASCAR would have almost no real competition from NCAA football. The entire SEC schedules puffcake D2 opponents and all other conferences schedule near meaningless day games as warmup for next weekend's big end of season rivalry night games. All that means is instead of competing with the NFL NASCAR could probably be king of this saturday night's sports.

Not a bad idea. Two championship races in one day would be a nice ticket.

I'm only interested in who's fastest in Happy Hour, and that hasn't happened yet.

we need another flat 1.5, flat track like Homestead was. It would offer unique challenges !

In terms of speed, 19 looks fastest. 48 probably has the best long run speed. Fastest 5 lap average. I think the 22 has work to do. That last run they showed the 48 and the 22 from the roof cam, and the 48 not only stayed closer to the bottom longer, but carried more speed. We can't look a "fast laps" as determination.

19 and 48 seem like the two best of the four. Chase Elliot will be fast, as will Harvick

He's going to be there with Kurt in terms of consistency, I cannot wait to see him start winning again.

It's long overdue for him.
Just reading this post it finally dawned on me. Mrs Busch spelled his name wrong. It should have been spelled Curt no? :idunno::D

She lost a bet with Tammy Kahne…...
Yes, I guess thy can both be spelled either way but Kurt's temperament is actually Curt.
We still use that word don't we?.... No matter I was expecting someone to tell me I misspelled and something about an N for the R.......

Whoops! :idunno:

Last edited:
And now the last 400 miles of the season ,it just seems like only 10 months ago the season was just getting started/

Note: All times are ET

SUNDAY, NOV. 20:

GAME #7 PRE-SHOW
-- 2:05:00 p.m.: NSCS Drivers Introductions
-- 2:45:00 p.m.: Intro Presentation of Colors by: The U.S Southern Command Joint Color Guard
-- 2:30:45 p.m.: Intro National Anthem (Unfurl Large American Flag)
-- 2:45:15 p.m.: Invocation by: Pastor Sammy Flores, Christ Fellowship
-- 2:46:00 p.m.: National Anthem by: JenCarlos Canela
-- 2:47:45 p.m.: Fly-By TOT: 4 F-16's from the Homestead Air Force Reserve Base (Turn 4 to Turn 1)
-- 2:52:30 p.m.: "Driver's, Start Your Engines" by: Justin Hartley, Star of NBC's Hit Show, This is Us
-- 3:00:00 p.m.: Green Flag -- Ford EcoBoost 400 (267 laps, 400 miles)

ON TRACK
-- 2:30 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Ford EcoBoost 400 (267 laps, 400.5 miles), NBC/NBC Sports App (Follow live)

PRESS CONFERENCES (Watch live)

-- 11 a.m.: NASCAR Chairman and CEO Brian France
-- 7 p.m. approx.: Post-NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race

CxsF3-2WgAEA8mk.jpg:large

Bob Pockrass

Technical inspection won't start for a few hours but teams are taking their cars through the tech platform this morning to see how close their adjustments made after practice Saturday are to the NASCAR parameters for the season finale today at Homestead.

6b0742f8-0b7a-48e7-a194-ce115890901e.jpg

I'd appreciate it if you guys don't say one more word about this race until I get back.....Thanks.
Making sure I set the DVR

aff6eb6d9265b62a0ad50b25417fcb13.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The weather forecast looks awesome for todays race and I'm ready for a fun and exciting race today...GO ALEX BOWMAN!:D

Back
Top Bottom