2017 24 Hours of Daytona

Kind of shocked Kyle Busch never runs this race. Seems like something he would enjoy doing.
Generally, Cup drivers show up here because one of the regular IMSA teams needs an extra driver or two, or because a team chooses to field an entire extra car (or two or three). Ganassi's drivers show up a lot because he fields Cup, IndyCar, and IMSA teams, so he has a deep stable to pull extras from.

Apparently no one has asked Kyle.

Generally, Cup drivers show up here because one of the regular IMSA teams needs an extra driver or two, or because a team chooses to field an entire extra car (or two or three). Apparently no one has asked him.
Another shock. I ain't a fan of his but if I needed a driver he's near the top of the list of who I call.

Another shock. I ain't a fan of his but if I needed a driver he's near the top of the list of who I call.
Now that I think about it, there's also the question of whether Toyota would allow him to participate. They're not in this series so it's not like he's running directly against them, but sometimes manufacturers can be funny about these deals.

Now that I think about it, there's also the question of whether Toyota would allow him to participate. They're not in this series so it's not like he's running directly against them, but sometimes manufacturers can be funny about these deals.
What did he race in the ROC thing he and his brother did together? I didn't pay attention so I'm not sure. But that could be it also.

love to watch Rolex 24 all night but I'm struggling to keep my eyes open

How did the 31 get back in front of the 10?

Man, I hate missing out.:(

Bills piled up this last month, so my play money is non-existent atm.

Just have to save for St. Pete or Sebring...
I need to go to Sebring more. Been there a total of one day so far.

I could see him moonlighting in a Lexus once they move up to a Pro class. TRD has a lot of involvement in the RC F.

What's going on right now? Not somewhere where I can watch it right now. A update would be nice!

31 car got pinched against the wall... Didn't look good but amazingly the car is still strong. Max Angelelli just took the lead of the race from the 31. The Ford's are incredible.

Looks like it maybe the reported problems with electronics in the Prototype class. The 31 has stalled on two different pit stops. They can't put people over the wall to push-start it, so they have to push it behind pit wall first and then have everybody possible push it. They've gotten it down to a science, and they've been able to maintain top three.

Does anyone know what happened to the Whelen car? I switched to Supercross and they immediately went down two laps...

This is about my favorite part of these races.... Midnight till early morning.

Brendan Hartley just started his 3rd stint in a row, went wide twice and the walled it hard in NASCAR turn 3. What a shame.

That car was looking great in the rain until that one lap when it understeered twice and then snapped loose into a gt3 car below him....

Something always happens during the night. I wouldn't be surprised if another top runner goes out tonight, always happens

Brendan Hartley just started his 3rd stint in a row, went wide twice and the walled it hard in NASCAR turn 3. What a shame.

That car was looking great in the rain until that one lap when it understeered twice and then snapped loose into a gt3 car below him....

Three straight stints?

Back
Top Bottom