2017 Atlanta - Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500 - Pre Race Thread

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
Fresh off the season-opening races at Daytona, all three NASCAR Series will head to Atlanta Motor Speedway for a tripleheader.

Note: All times are ET

FRIDAY, MARCH 3:
ON TRACK
-- 10-10:55 a.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series practice, FS1 (Follow live)
-- 11-11:55 a.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series practice, FS1 (Follow live)
-- noon-1:25 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series practice, FS1 (Follow live)
-- 1:30-2:25 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series practice, FS1 (Follow live)
-- 2:30-3:25 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series practice, FS1 (Follow live)
-- 3:30-4:25 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series final practice, FS1 (Follow live)
-- 4:30-5:25 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series final practice, FS1 (Follow live)
-- 5:45 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FS1 (Follow live)

SATURDAY, MARCH 4:
ON TRACK

-- 9:15 a.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FS1 (Follow live)
-- 10:40 a.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Keystone Light Pole Qualifying, FS1 (Follow live)
-- noon-1:20 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series final practice, FS1 (Follow live)
-- 2 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series Rinnai 250 (163 laps, 251.02 miles), FS1 (Follow live)
-- 4:30 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Active Pest Control 200 (130 laps, 200.02 miles), FS1 (Follow live)

SUNDAY, MARCH 5:

ON TRACK
-- 2:30 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500 (325 laps, 500.05 miles), FOX (Follow live)

Scheduled Race Re-Air Dates/Times:

Sunday, March 5 at 11:30pm/et on FS1;
Monday, March 6 at 6:30am/et on FS1

On this day 17 years ago, Bobby Labonte wins at Rockingham

IMG_0464.JPG

Daytona went well but I am ready for some regular racing. It'll be a better gauge on these segments too. I've come to the conclusion that I don't hate the points in Cup.

Can't you just print that out and mail us a copy?:rolleyes:

Looking forward to a full day Saturday in the stands.
One of the best "value added" ticket in all of motorsports.

I think Chase is in a truck this weekend.
Hmmm interesting since JRM did away with their CWTS program when they couldn't find sponsorship for Berry

Hmmm interesting since JRM did away with their CWTS program when they couldn't find sponsorship for Berry
Is that why? Kelley Earnhardt said it was because they have 4 full time Xfin rides + the all-star car this year. Just not enough resources. Or room in the shop for that matter.

He will be in the 23 truck for GMS Racing . It will be his first truck
race at his home track.
http://motorsportamerica.com/2017/02/18/chase-elliott-set-for-double-duty-in-atlanta/

A coincidental story - in 2013 , my son and I were at the Atlanta race in September
and were walking along pit road a couple hours before the
race. The truck race was happening at Mosports at the same time
and we watched the finish on a tv mounted on Jeff Gordons #24
crash cart on pit road. That was wild because Chase tagged
Ty Dillon in the last corner to get his first win in NASCAR.

If we hurry down there maybe racing-forums.com could get an entry in this race to take up that last available spot. Who's gonna drive though?

Untitled.jpg

I like Atlanta Motor Speedway, fast and exciting 1.5 miler with a TON of history at that track. Really wish it had two dates again.

Your advert was deceitful.

The beach-front condo was in reality an 8 wide in a third-rate trailer park ... and you wonder why we trashed the place?

Regardless of your slanderous statement about my rental, Snow Birds are most definitely filthy species.

The home of Toyota's first Cup win. Let's race.

Revman old buddy, how much should we put on the restaurant gift card?

How much does it take to make you happy at one of said restaurants?

Back
Top Bottom