2017 Charlotte - Coca-Cola 600 - Pre Race Thread

Did Mike Joy just say Kevin Hamlin???

I know all the drivers and I cannot recall that one.

heh
He did.

Kevin Hamlin is from around here. Ran some Truck and Busch races.

Happy Harvick with the Kyle on the front row, love that match up. Elliott will probably be pushing Harvick with Kenseth pushing Busch. oh yeah

my WAG (wild ass guess) I think Jones will win a race before Blaney or Elliott, I just have a feeling, not a big fan or anything. I don't think he is necessarily better than those two either. lol

Man I hope that 4 car stays fast in race trim. That team is due!

On another note the patriotic paint schemes ate AWESOME! But that 22 car is gorgeous I love that white and gold. Just hope they can make it fast. Both Penske cars look like crap.

On another note the patriotic paint schemes ate AWESOME! But that 22 car is gorgeous I love that white and gold. Just hope they can make it fast. Both Penske cars look like crap.

100% it has nothing to do with the skew NASCAR took away. Maybe.

100% it has nothing to do with the skew NASCAR took away. Maybe.

Right thinking that too. But not sure if TG is still out too? Or if PW is back with the 2 team either. Because the 21 still looks fast so I'm thinking crew chief could be contributing factor.

Qualifying matters a tiny bit with these stages, that's another probably benefit to these early points being given out is the better the qualifying run, the more stage points you can earn by Stage 1 with the track position.

948b2c52bd82a6df6da3765f1d63efda.jpg

Got to meet ol Martin Truex this evening. Talked some **** to him (all in good fun). Nice guy and very humble. Also checked out Dale jrs whiskey river. Nice place and awesome food. See you on Sunday charlotte!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't see any big difference and acting like the temperature is going to make it better or more different? That is two out of three races being pretty snoozy at Charlotte IMO. Worst track by far so far.

Cup drivers who competed in the Xfinity race Saturday did not see considerable difference. Brad Keselowski: "A little bit -- it's better than nothing." Considering temperatures will be cooler for the race Sunday night, the the track could race much different than Saturday afternoon.
http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0660238624566023442-4

my WAG (wild ass guess) I think Jones will win a race before Blaney or Elliott, I just have a feeling, not a big fan or anything. I don't think he is necessarily better than those two either. lol

@Taco and I have a dinner bet on it. Hope you are right!

I didn't see any big difference and acting like the temperature is going to make it better or more different? That is two out of three races being pretty snoozy at Charlotte IMO. Worst track by far so far.

Cup drivers who competed in the Xfinity race Saturday did not see considerable difference. Brad Keselowski: "A little bit -- it's better than nothing." Considering temperatures will be cooler for the race Sunday night, the the track could race much different than Saturday afternoon.
http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0660238624566023442-4
I didn't see it, but it didn't sound too promising. Although it can't really be worse than last weekend so we'll see. The best possible scenario might be getting rained out and running in the heat of the day on Memorial Day.

The latest weather forecast, for whatever little it's worth, has rain in Charlotte most of the afternoon Sunday but quitting by 8. And rain in the forecast Monday afternoon and evening.

Looks like Sunday night might still be the best bet, even if the start is delayed a couple hours.

I would imagine they're going to lay some down during the day today? But on the other hand what is the weather going to do today?

They're expecting some rain here in a couple of hours.

Reactions: Pat
One of the guys using an image of one of Gordon’s old cars for an avatar is convinced it’s Elliott.

Y’all should get together. Maybe have a beer or two.

Back
Top Bottom