2017 Fontana - Auto Club 400 - Pre Race Thread

Not knocking pit passes, but I didn't think they were worth the $60-70 they cost. Neon Garage in Vegas and Daytona Fanzone is cool though. Wish some of these track "enhancements" had them.

Not knocking pit passes, but I didn't think they were worth the $60-70 they cost. Neon Garage in Vegas and Daytona Fanzone is cool though. Wish some of these track "enhancements" had them.

Agreed. Auto Club played herky jerk last year with opening the pits in time for Practice, and where you could stand. Big disconnect between Security and Track Management. Many fans pissed.

Excluding the road courses, it wouldn't bother me if they abandoned all ovals 2 miles long and over - Michigan, Cali, 'Dega, Daytona, Indy. (I consider Pocono a road course.)

Fontana always has good racing, honestly it would suck to lose this track.

Michigan on the other hand... Substitute Road America for Michigan? To keep the race in the same region.

On this day 19 years ago, Dale Jarrett wins at Darlington
1024x1024.jpg

Reactions: Pat
I don't understand why Michigan gets so much hate and California gets so much love. Michigan is California with higher banking. Higher banking, in general, makes for better racing with Nascar cars.

I don't understand why Michigan gets so much hate and California gets so much love. Michigan is California with higher banking. Higher banking, in general, makes for better racing with Nascar cars.
Michigan can definitely be a good track. It could use some more time for the surface to wear in though.

This is the last hoorah afaik.

When the racing at Michigan returns to the multi-groove surface that ACS has, it won't get the hate. When ACS, gets replaced, it'll receive plenty of hate I'm sure.

As Michigan ages everyone will like that track like they used to, California aged and you're seeing the benefits. Cutting off 100 miles off California and Pocono HAS made them a lot better of races, I wish other tracks like Texas would do the same.

What year was it hotter than nine past hell ‘n el-presidente-whats-her-name blamed the lack of a crowd on the fans being under the grandstands shopping the vendors’ wares – while the event was in progress, under green?

fontana racing would be even better with the drop snout car, 1997 was epic between martin gordon

This is the last hoorah afaik.

When the racing at Michigan returns to the multi-groove surface that ACS has, it won't get the hate. When ACS, gets replaced, it'll receive plenty of hate I'm sure.

Or just throw plates on em at Michigan

What year was it hotter than nine past hell ‘n el-presidente-whats-her-name blamed the lack of a crowd on the fans being under the grandstands shopping the vendors’ wares – while the event was in progress, under green?
That was back when ACS had two dates. It was a September race. People were getting heat exhaustion and the track care center was packed.

Back
Top Bottom