2017 Kentucky - Quaker State 400 - Pre Race Thread

This week's Xfinity winner. Sorry, I guess I should have waited until the checker flew to post that.

DEIfb9UUIAALVbs.jpg:large

I am heading to Kentucky for the race Saturday, could someone tell me about the parking at the track or parking along roads close to the track?

I am heading to Kentucky for the race Saturday, could someone tell me about the parking at the track or parking along roads close to the track?

There's plenty of parking along the front stretch. Last year I got there around 7pm and was able to park close to turn four.

I've never been to Kentucky Speedway but this link to their website and the 2017 Facility Map might be of some help.

http://www.kentuckyspeedway.com/fans/maps/

I'm thinking that you'd be looking to get into what they call a General Car Parking lot.

Should be plenty of parking. I've actually worked a weekend at the track parking cars for the races and that was back when the track first got a Cup date and the stands were bigger so now that they have "right sized" parking should be easily available. Track is pretty secluded and right off the interstate, plenty of free parking spaces and also credential parking.

It's kind of amazing to me that no one asks the drivers, the guys who actually go out on the track and can feel every minute detail of the surface, for their input on track resurfacing.

IMHO, they should have talked to Biffle about joining the NASCAR front office along with Jr retiring and Kenseth possibly going out of NASCAR Cup full-time. Probably three of the most intelligent and experienced minds in all of NASCAR.

NASCAR has the tools, they just don't use them in the drivers themselves. I'd say talk to the drivers in what they want, they know more than any other figurehead in a suit in the office. They lived it and raced the cars, I mean something has got to give.

IMHO, they should have talked to Biffle about joining the NASCAR front office along with Jr retiring and Kenseth possibly going out of NASCAR Cup full-time. Probably three of the most intelligent and experienced minds in all of NASCAR.

NASCAR has the tools, they just don't use them in the drivers themselves. I'd say talk to the drivers in what they want, they know more than any other figurehead in a suit in the office. They lived it and raced the cars, I mean something has got to give.
I think The Biff has already moved on to other forms of entertainment..... but that's a whole other story.

It's kind of amazing to me that no one asks the drivers, the guys who actually go out on the track and can feel every minute detail of the surface, for their input on track resurfacing.

Johnson shares insight into how Kentucky will evolve this weekend

Pole. Track record. Rowdy.

Can't believe the huge number of Xfinity cars still trying to get through inspection --- and q'ing has started.
Larson couldn't get through Q inspection. With 5 minutes left and still not clear, the team pushed the car back to the garage.

Safely made it to Cincinnati around 830 tonight! The weather got pretty gnarly from Columbus to my hotel. Shame the race got rained out tonight but it makes for an even better Saturday for those who want to get there extra early! I still plan on getting there around 430.

Back
Top Bottom