2017 Martinsville - STP 500 - Pre Race Thread

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
Sorry about getting a head start on this. Heading up on Thursday night and staying in the mountains in Floyd County.

You got your camping reservations made, @dpkimmel2001?

:bounce:

Oh, and don't forget about the first primetime Valley Star Credit Union 300 on September 23rd. :wub:

Sorry about getting a head start on this. Heading up on Thursday night and staying in the mountains in Floyd County.

You got your camping reservations made, @dpkimmel2001?

:bounce:

Oh, and don't forget about the first primetime Valley Star Credit Union 300 on September 23rd. :wub:
Unable to make it this season. We've got some other commitments that are taking up our time right now. Not giving up my season tickets though.

I absolutely agree that this is the best track on the schedule. This is a track that should be on every NASCAR fans bucket list.

I will be coming in from Danville both days. Any suggestions as to how best get to the parking areas? I normally like to take the road less traveled. Last fall I came up form Charlotte and took a back road right into the parking lot off turns 1 & 2.

I'll be there Saturday and Sunday. This will actually be my first truck race at Martinsville. Been to a couple at Bristol in the 90s. This will be my sons first race. I hope one of his favorites(Elliott and McMurray) wins. I hope it has the same effect on him that my first race had on me.

Someone I see has premature threadolation , I think there might be a pill for that :laugh::lol2:

NASCAR heads to Martinsville Speedway for the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series and the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. Check out the full weekend schedule below.

Note: All times are ET

FRIDAY, MARCH 31:
ON TRACK
-- 11:30 a.m.-12:45 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series practice, FS1 (Follow live)
-- 1-1:55 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series practice, FS1 (Follow live)
-- 3-3:55 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series final practice, FS1 (Follow live)
-- 4:35 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FS1 (Follow live)

SATURDAY, APRIL 1:
ON TRACK
-- 10-10:55 a.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series practice, FS1 (Follow live)
-- 11:05 a.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Keystone Light Pole Qualifying, FS1 (Follow live)
-- 1:30-2:20 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series final practice, FS1 (Follow live)
-- 3 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Alpha Energy Solutions 250 (250 laps, 131.5 miles), FOX (Follow live)

SUNDAY, APRIL 2:
ON TRACK
-- 2 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series STP 500 (500 laps, 263 miles), FS1 (Follow live)

If only it was 5 hours away instead of 8 I'd go. I'm absolutely jonesing to see a race and play a round of golf and I probably can do those in Virginia for a weekend.

Kind of the downside to living in the north

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man,I can't wait. I'm almost counting hours. I do have a question for people who have been to the truck race. I know the turn 3/4 grandstands(which are my favorite seats) aren't open. Are all other areas open for the truck race. Specifically right at pit road exit?

Preliminary Cup entry list.....

38 this week.....

Untitled.jpg

Man,I can't wait. I'm almost counting hours. I do have a question for people who have been to the truck race. I know the turn 3/4 grandstands(which are my favorite seats) aren't open. Are all other areas open for the truck race. Specifically right at pit road exit?
I haven't been to the truck race in several years, but I recall only the front grandstands were open. Since the sport has declined in popularity since, I doubt they've opened any more.

I also recall they were general admission.

I haven't been to the truck race in several years, but I recall only the front grandstands were open. Since the sport has declined in popularity since, I doubt they've opened any more.

I also recall they were general admission.
Thanks. That's kind of what I was thinking. I appreciate it.

I was just down below there last year. I love sitting right in the middle of either turn.
We've sat all around that place. Started on the now defunct back stretch seating many a years ago. We are really partial to the location we we're presently at. We have an excellent view of the entire track/pit road/ and pit exit. It's an awesome track. If someone's a fan of this sport, this track needs to be on their list.

We've sat all around that place. Started on the now defunct back stretch seating many a years ago. We are really partial to the location we we're presently at. We have an excellent view of the entire track/pit road/ and pit exit. It's an awesome track. If someone's a fan of this sport, this track needs to be on their list.
I have too. Started out in the unreserved seats. I'd much rather sit up in the turns. During the truck race I may kinda move around to try new locations.

This race....Its one of the reasons Im a NASCAR fan. I like SS's and short tracks and road courses.

This race....Its one of the reasons Im a NASCAR fan. I like SS's and short tracks and road courses.

You'd think a short track close to home would be the most likely to draw out some additional teams. Low travel cost and less(essentially none at Martinsville!) aero dependency.

I thought Texas was this week...

No lie, I'm glad it's M'Ville.
Probably thinking that because Texas followed Auto Club last year after the Easter break.

90% chance of rain Friday. Saturday and Sunday look beautiful

I got to wondering today, I wonder if a cup car has ever got upside down at martinsville?

I remember that. Early in the spring race of 1995. Pretty sure Rusty won that day
Back when they had two pit roads.....

and yes, it was real early on.

This is a great race to watch just to see how much the coverage has changed. I like that they had a minimal amount of distracting crap on the screen.

Back
Top Bottom