2017 Watkins Glen - I LOVE NEW YORK 355 - Pre Race Thread

The following cars will drop to the back today due to unapproved adjustments: DiBenedetto, Said, Menard, Newman, Bowyer, Klutt, Hamlin

Interesting list you got there. I haven't seen DTM this year, but I can tell that it has been a thriller, almost all of the drivers have scored points, and there are quite a few winners. Never have seen the Super GT series. Blancpain is pretty nice.

The only Truck race I actually watched was Eldora. :)

Oh, and while the foreign series are being mentioned here, another one I try to keep up with regularly is the BTCC.
Ive been skipping the Truck races when a certain driver is racing, Eldora is the one race I should of skipped, I do not like dirt racing :laugh:

BTCC and FIA's WTCC

upload_2017-8-6_14-7-55.jpeg

The following cars will drop to the back today due to unapproved adjustments: DiBenedetto, Said, Menard, Newman, Bowyer, Klutt, Hamlin
Hamlin and Bowyer had brake issues and Newman flat-spotted his tires, all during Q. I dunno about the rest.

I wonder what the record is for cars to the rear?

Hamlin and Bowyer had brake issues and Newman flat-spotted his tires, all during Q. I dunno about the rest.

I wonder what the record is for cars to the rear?
Good wonder, I have no idea

Ive been skipping the Truck races when a certain driver is racing, Eldora is the one race I should of skipped, I do not like dirt racing :laugh:

BTCC and FIA's WTCC

Nah, Eldora was nuts. :D

Seems like the WTCC has been in decline. Wouldn't be surprised if this new TCR series just takes it over.

Who ever made the decision to give Mike Bagley a microphone and vantage point, THANK YOU. It's great to hear some calling a race who's giving detailed information about what's happening in front of him.

A week later & they are still running the Kyle Busch losing streak story lol

Nah, Eldora was nuts. :D

Seems like the WTCC has been in decline. Wouldn't be surprised if this new TCR series just takes it over.
I think last's Eldora race was better.

My body is ready. ****** love this racetrack.

Just got home from golf! I'm pumped! Watkins Glen might have the best vibe on the schedule these days!

I think last's Eldora race was better.
Ah, I did not see it. In fact, this year's race was the first Eldora race that I got to see. Loved the pit road shenanigans, like Rico Abreu pitting sideways. :laugh: Not to mention there were quite a few crazy wrecks, and Kenny Wallace's trackside reporting was actually entertaining. Chris Bell hanging to a top-ten finish after a potentially race-ending wreck was pretty impressive, too.

Just got home from golf! I'm pumped! Watkins Glen might have the best vibe on the schedule these days!
Absolutely. I think about Allmendinger's and Ambrose's fantastic wins every time this race comes up. :biggrin:

Anybody disagree with me that with rare exceptions (Dinger), if a guy can drive a road course, a guy can drive, period?
:waver: Yes, I disagree with that generalization. There is a pretty long list of good roadracers who have been mediocre in Nascar, some after extended efforts. It is, however, a common misconception among some fans that "roadracing = highest skills" and "oval racing = simple driving in circles."

Who ever made the decision to give Mike Bagley a microphone and vantage point, THANK YOU. It's great to hear some calling a race who's giving detailed information about what's happening in front of him.

You are not serious.

Before things escalate, just one word..... Hoda.

Better now. Thank you. :booya:
Skipped TMD this morning. Can't listen to Bagley gloat. If I am subjected to it by callers or himself three times this week, I am shutting the radio off for the week. Can't do it. The guy was horrible as usual. He describes that which does not need to be described with rehearsed one liners that don't fit the context of the situation. Narcissistic is an understatement.

Better now. Thank you. :booya:
Skipped TMD this morning. Can't listen to Bagley gloat. If I am subjected to it by callers or himself three times this week, I am shutting the radio off for the week. Can't do it. The guy was horrible as usual. He describes that which does not need to be described with rehearsed one liners that don't fit the context of the situation. Narcissistic is an understatement.
:D

Back
Top Bottom