2018 Charlotte - All Star - Pre-Race Thread

Because engines with special configurations are too expensive to develop and test for a single event. Nobody here hates plates more than I do, but plate engine development yields engines that can be used for five races a year; six if a team makes the Shootout. Plates are a fast, cheap, easy way to cut HP in a one-off situation, and varying the hole sizes is an easy to adjust the HP to fit NASCAR's mood of the weekend. I don't like them but they are economical.

If they didn’t completely destroy the power band, they would be much more livable.

if they have to lift going into a corner, it makes little difference.

You mean if they don’t have to? This is true... but just burping the throttle destroys momentum and that’s frustrating.

Because engines with special configurations are too expensive to develop and test for a single event. Nobody here hates plates more than I do, but plate engine development yields engines that can be used for five races a year; six if a team makes the Shootout. Plates are a fast, cheap, easy way to cut HP in a one-off situation, and varying the hole sizes is an easy to adjust the HP to fit NASCAR's mood of the weekend. I don't like them but they are economical.
Why have it for one race....all races .

This package with no plate may have worked. 1.5 milers just aren’t big enough for plates.

You mean if they don’t have to? This is true... but just burping the throttle destroys momentum and that’s frustrating.
no, they need more throttle response. I think they went a little bit too small with the plate on reducing HP. They got the other part pretty good on punching the hole in the air, cars were really stable and they could drive the snot out of them, but a bit more speed would bring handling in to play a little bit more

Back
Top Bottom