2018 Darlington -- Bojangles Southern 500 - Pre-Race Thread

Johali

Team Owner
Contributor
THE RACE: Bojangles Southern 500

TRACK
: Darlington Raceway

Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Race #25 of 36

Date: Sunday, September 2nd, 2018, Darlington South Carolina.

Scheduled Green Flag (approx): 6:15 pm/et
=======================================

All Times E/T

Thursday, August 30, 2018

4:00 PM | 14th Annual Race Fest | Florence Center
7:00 PM | 14th Annual Darlington Car Hauler Parade

Friday, August 31, 2018
12:45 PM | Gates Open To The Public
1:05 PM - 1:55 PM | NASCAR XFINITY Series Practice
2:05 PM - 2:55 PM | Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Practice
3:05 PM - 3:55 PM | NASCAR XFINITY Series Final Practice
4:05 PM - 4:55 PM | Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Final Pratice

Saturday, September 1, 2018
11:00 AM | Gates Open To The Public
12:35 PM | NASCAR XFINITY Series Qualifying
2:00 PM | Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Qualifying
3:00 PM | NASCAR XFINITY Series Driver Intros
3:30 PM | Sport Clips Haircuts VFW 200 | 147 Laps | 200.8 Miles
6:15 PM | Bojangles' Southern 500 Parade | Starts In Front Of City Hall
8:00 PM | 7 Decades of NASCAR Saturday Night Celebration*

Sunday, September 2, 2018
1:00 PM | Gates Open To The Public
4:25 PM - 5:15 PM | Pre-Race Concert By Clay Walker
5:20 PM | Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Driver Intros
6:00 PM | Bojangles' Southern 500 | 367 Laps | 501.3 Miles

We have an off weekend for Cup racing but will still have two good races. Xfinity at Road America and Trucks at Canadian Tire. They both should be cupperless.

Nah, it means they aren't allowed drinks.

In that case they can use the cup holder as an ash tray.

Bobby_Isaac-capsule_smoking.jpg

Bobby Isaac

According to the watch on his left wrist, apparently it was time for a smoke . . .

:(

You really should try Miller lite. You know, that lite beer that tastes like beer. ;)
I drank it in the mid to late 70s and early 80s when to order one all you had to say to a bartender was a lite. It was the only one.

I drank it in the mid to late 70s and early 80s when to order one all you had to say to a bartender was a lite. It was the only one.

What made you switch to Bud lite? Was it that tall fellow with the big hat who lurks in these waters? ;)

What made you switch to Bud lite? Was it that tall fellow with the big hat who lurks in these waters? ;)
Nah. I drink from longnecks and their bottles were clear and got skunky quick. Switched to Michelob light then BL. This is a race thread, we're gonna get smacked side the head. :D

Nah. I drink from longnecks and their bottles were clear and got skunky quick. Switched to Michelob light then BL. This is a race thread, we're gonna get smacked side the head. :D

Hopefully, TRL will give me a short adjustment period before she breaks out her whip. ;)

So, back to racing. When I attend races, I drink Miller lite.

Was that racey enough for ya'?

NBC wants people to purchase cable packages with NBCSN on the lineup.

Unfortunately, I don't get that channel anymore, so I can't record the race. I forgot about the race when making plans for Sunday evening. :oops:

Hopefully, I can find a recording on YouTube after the race (and without running into a spoiler).

Don't forget, cars and trucks on the track today and trucks tomorrow. The schedules are in the Xfinity and truck threads.

Don't forget, cars and trucks on the track today and trucks tomorrow. The schedules are in the Xfinity and truck threads.

Not sure about tonights race, but I'll be watching tomorrow.

You're doing a heck of a job. Does NASCAR pay you to promote these races? ;)

Chase Elliott to drive the No. 23 Xfinity car for GMS Racing at Darlington and Indy as Gallagher recovers from a shoulder injury aggravated in a workout last week.
Apparently another team where John Hunter's checks aren't any good.

I remember the old metal railings that used to leave creases in the right rear. Darlington stripes really meant something back then. LOL

Fox 2? Had some great video of old timers buckling those railings way out as the let the RR scrape along them thru the whole turn. Todays cars would pop tires, but it looked really insane.

Back
Top Bottom