2018 - Daytona 500 - Pre Race Thread

My Darling Bride lets me watch as many races as I want on the big TV, as long as I don't subject her to pre- and post-race "jibber jabber". She's watching golf until the green. It seems like a small price to pay, and I'd frankly rather kill the time with you knuckleheads anyway.

You have to hope that the ratings will be up. Olympics aren't grabbing anyone's attention, not much else on, and Fox has been covering the lead up to the race in a huge way.

You have to hope that the ratings will be up. Olympics aren't grabbing anyone's attention, not much else on, and Fox has been covering the race in a huge way.
More than likely to compete with the Olympics, I dont recall the 500 pre race coverage being as over the top if you will.

OMG the grid walk is coming up :bleh:

You have to hope that the ratings will be up. Olympics aren't grabbing anyone's attention, not much else on, and Fox has been covering the lead up to the race in a huge way.

I have to imagine they'll post some increase.

I have to give credit to Chris Myers, Jeff Gordon and Darrell Waltrip for not talking about Dale Earnhardt for two hours like the RaceDay Live show was.

There isn't an Earnhardt in the race and this race really is about the next generation of racers with so much youth, and Fox has done a good job making that the central storyline.

How long until FRR starts putting marijuana leaves on the side of their car in the marijuana capita in the US atm? Lol.

I have to imagine they'll post some increase.

I have to give credit to Chris Myers, Jeff Gordon and Darrell Waltrip for not talking about Dale Earnhardt for two hours like the RaceDay Live show was.

There isn't an Earnhardt in the race and this race really is about the next generation of racers with so much youth, and Fox has done a good job making that the central storyline.
Jeffrey Earnhardt

D.W. has been touting the Jones boy all weekend. I think he is jinxing him :D Gordon doing the same with Chase.
He's a yoter shill. Has been since they've been in the sport. He has a contract with them.

Reactions: Pat
Back
Top Bottom