2018 Euro Nascar

Interesting to see how this grid is coming together. It looks like they're starting to get some decent young European open wheelers who fall through the cracks over there. Saw a few domestic/continental sports car teams starting to join too. Marc Goossens is a big name for that series to have.

Interesting to see how this grid is coming together. It looks like they're starting to get some decent young European open wheelers who fall through the cracks over there. Saw a few domestic/continental sports car teams starting to join too. Marc Goossens is a big name for that series to have.

They have an American team this year in the series also. Go Fas Racing. a lot of fans root for their countrymen who race. They have about 7 or 8 countries who are represented in the series.

Last edited:
What's the target demographic for this series? Does anyone know or do I need make the Google?

I am not sure Nascar has a target demo across anything they brand. If so it would be interesting to know.

Maciek Dreszer Returns to Competing in NASCAR Whelen Euro Series
Maciek Dreszer will once again participate in NASCAR Whelen Euro Series. This young and talented driver has signed a contract with the Italian CAAL Racing team. This way Dreszer has joined the team of the last year’s winner of the European Series – Alon Day. The first round will be held in mid-April in Spanish Valencia.
https://motorracingpress.com/?p=38025

They mentioned a new oval so I looked it up to see what kind of oval it is. It is a 1/3 mile paper clip - no info on banking.
They race at the Tours Speedway oval in France. Not new though, they have raced there a few times before, there are videos of it on youtube.

Bringing mediocrity to a new continent.
Are you sure Charlie? Do you know what Jennifer can do in good equipment? I admit I am biased because of ties to JJCR. But, I admire what she has done over the years mostly outside the car (truck). I am glad to see her get this opportunity as I think she deserves a little good to happen in her career.

Are you sure Charlie? Do you know what Jennifer can do in good equipment? I admit I am biased because of ties to JJCR. But, I admire what she has done over the years mostly outside the car (truck). I am glad to see her get this opportunity as I think she deserves a little good to happen in her career.
Am I sure? Nope. As to what she does off the track, more power to her, but that's not why I watch racers. I don't think activity away from the track
'deserves' on-track rewards or opportunities; only on-track performance merits that. Regardless of why she has the chance, she has it. I don't wish her ill, and maybe I'll be surprised at how she does.

Just one idjits opinion.

Well if Marc Goosens and Bobby Labonte are racing (and Cobb), this may be worth giving a watch.

Totally forgot Alon Day was in this series.
Cobb didn't say how many races she is signed up for, but she will be in the opener at least. Goosens and Day are the one two drivers in the series.

aaand the Swiss show up

More growth for Euro Series as Swiss team joins NASCAR

“After an awesome first experience last year, we decided to take the next step because we fell in love with the NASCAR Whelen Euro Series," Parli said. "It's probably the best championship in Europe both for the great cooperation the organization provides and for the events it put up all around Europe.”

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-e...ro-series-as-swiss-team-joins-nascar-1024904/

DamLIeHXcAAdEmp.jpg:large

What's the difference between Elite 1 and 2? The NASCAR page for Euro was woefully uninformative, and Googling didn't turn up anything useful.

Thanks.

What's the difference between Elite 1 and 2? The NASCAR page for Euro was woefully uninformative, and Googling didn't turn up anything useful.

Thanks.
Elite 1 is the main championship open to higher-rated drivers. Marc Goossens and Anthony Kumpen are a pair of FIA Gold drivers who couldn't step down to race in Elite 2, for instance.

Okay, similar to what some other sanctioning bodies do. I was caught off guard since NASCAR doesn't use the concept in any of its series.

Thanks.

They all look pretty racy. They can get by with a lower roof, the speeds are way lower and they only have one small oval and the rest are road courses I believe.

Back
Top Bottom