2018 Euro Nascar

I like raisins.

script%3E
script%3E
Brushing up on my French. LOL!

ELITE 2 race is about to start. I missed the ELITE 1 race so this will be my first time seeing this series, fingers crossed.

Labonte went from 20th to finish 8th, they showed him in a battle that took a couple of laps for him to clear a pack, he was really smooth with the car. Looked good out there. Alon Day who has raced in Nascar here won the race.

NASCAR Whelen Euro Series picks up new partner
The series and General Tire have reached a six-year agreement for the tire brand to become the new supplier for competition in the series that first began under NASCAR sanction in 2009.

“We are very proud and happy of this long term partnership with General Tire. A six-year commitment is a huge demonstration of confidence in the NASCAR Whelen Euro Series and its potential,” said NASCAR Whelen Euro Series President / CEO Jerome Galpin.
https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-euro/news/nascar-whelen-euro-series-new-partner/3202236/

Alon Day savors second NASCAR Euro championship
-2018-champion-alon-day-caal--.jpg

Yep, but if I've seen Alon this year, I don't recall the Euro series being mentioned. I don't remember any of our European members bring it up either.

so it the ol if a tree falls in the forest deal eh? :) I don't follow it that closely either, but a 6 year tire contract for General tire, That's a good thing. Having more then one Tire company in Nascar is good if something happens. Someday either in Canada or Europe there could be a driver from either series who could come over here and give them a run for their money.

so it the ol if a tree falls in the forest deal eh? :) I don't follow it that closely either, but a 6 year tire contract for General tire, That's a good thing. Having more then one Tire company in Nascar is good if something happens. Someday either in Canada or Europe there could be a driver from either series who could come over here and give them a run for their money.
I didn't even know General Tire operates in Europe:D.
And EuroNASCAR is not really popular in Europe either

I've watched enough races this year on Youtube to see the draw a good crowd. I have no idea if they have a TV contract.

so it the ol if a tree falls in the forest deal eh? :) ...
I'm not sure what your point is. I said I forgot about this series. I get the impression you're trying to read something into that. There's no depth or hidden meanings to the statement.

I.Forgot.About.This.Series
#IForgotAboutThisSeries

I'm not sure what your point is. I said I forgot about this series. I get the impression you're trying to read something into that. There's no depth or hidden meanings to the statement.

I.Forgot.About.This.Series
#IForgotAboutThisSeries
What you said was you had forgot about this series existing. I was kidding about the tree that falls in the forest, the rest of the saying is something like did it happen or did it exist in the first place. I know, it's bad when you have to explain it.

They race around the oval track in the pouring rain at Tours Speedway. Wish we could do that here.

Why did Tours Speedway announce that the final NASCAR race there will be in 2019. Where are they moving the series to and why?

Why did Tours Speedway announce that the final NASCAR race there will be in 2019. Where are they moving the series to and why?
Possibly because it is not a permanent racetrack. The oval is located in the parking lot of the parc des expeditions.
I could imagine they will go back to Venray (permanent half-mile oval) instead.

Possibly because it is not a permanent racetrack. The oval is located in the parking lot of the parc des expeditions.
I could imagine they will go back to Venray (permanent half-mile oval) instead.

Interesting, and thanks. Still wish we could race in the rain though (yes, I know they race at slower speeds). I think an oval race in the rain would be highly entertaining.

I actually took my first trips to Europe this year and saw the Whelen Euro Series at Tours Speedway. That’s a shame if the place really is shutting down. It is a parking lot, but it really wasn’t bad, and they have put banking in the turns , so it’s like a real track. There was some great racing, especially the Sunday show. If they don’t go back to Tours then it would definitely be nice to see them at another oval, maybe back to Venrey. UK has a lot of paved ovals but they are all really small, so that might not work for NASCAR.

Back
Top Bottom