2018 Michigan -- Consumers Energy 400 - Pre-Race Thread

Man, that place looks to be about 60% occupied.

It's sad to see!! And that's 60% of 60k seats at this point!

I absolutely love Michigan. I went in '03/'04 when they were getting 140k and in '16 when there was maybe 70k. I don't understand why the track doesn't draw better!! It's an iconic track!

I don't understand the shock miscue. I've seen Nascar handing out shocks and watching them put on the cars. So, when did they stop handing out shocks?

With perfect weather, and still getting terrible crowds, there's no excuses, time to replace one of Michigan's dates, and give it to Gateway or Road America or Mid-Ohio

Terrible ticket prices. I tossed around going out to this race. The smaller section in turn 1 is some crazy all you can eat only and the main grandstand prices start at $85 iirc and go to $110. Way too expensive at this point. They need to bring back the $50 seat that's good. Bristol has the same problem.

Michigan SHOULD be drawing better. Awesome facility with tremendous history in american motorsports.

Terrible ticket prices. I tossed around going out to this race. The smaller section in turn 1 is some crazy all you can eat only and the main grandstand prices start at $85 iirc and go to $110. Way too expensive at this point. They need to bring back the $50 seat that's good. Bristol has the same problem.

Michigan SHOULD be drawing better. Awesome facility with tremendous history in american motorsports.
You would think more tracks would realize that ticket prices need to go down. Dover has 50 GA dollar tickets in Turn 3 and my ticket for the whole weekend for the Glen was 125. 3 races and first two days you can sit wherever you want. It’s not rocket science

I think you already ARE in the $50 seat. :D

You would think more tracks would realize that ticket prices need to go down. Dover has 50 GA dollar tickets in Turn 3 and my ticket for the whole weekend for the Glen was 125. 3 races and first two days you can sit wherever you want. It’s not rocket science

My Kentucky ticket was $59, Martinsville $55 and Pocono I pay a "premium" of $90 so i get the top row at a 2.5 mile track. Otherwise $45 will get you in the door and a free upper level upgrade if you choose.

Bristol tickets are ridiculous!

I figured out the biggest cause for the attendance decline, ticket prices being too high, Homestead has a deal with Subway where you can get two tickets for the Cup race all for $55, and it's a sellout every year.

:D:D:p
iu

I don't understand the shock miscue. I've seen Nascar handing out shocks and watching them put on the cars. So, when did they stop handing out shocks?
just at the plate tracks

Reactions: Pat
I figured out the biggest cause for the attendance decline, ticket prices being too high, Homestead has a deal with Subway where you can get two tickets for the Cup race all for $55, and it's a sellout every year.
Tickets high?? Tickets are dirt cheap! Especially compared to other sports.. y’all just complain about everything NASCAR does.. that’s why attendance is down smh.. I usually sit start finish line at every track I go to for a lil over a hundred bucks.. not unless I go to martinsville and I sit in the middle of turn 1 and 2 so I can see the whole track and get all the action in the turn.. It’s not expensive at all.. damn u can take kids under 12 for free!!!

You can bring in your own food, snacks, and drinks. We have 0 room to complain about ticket prices in our sport. Compare them to other sports where the event last 3 and a half to 4 hours and a beer is $16. You won't feel cheated.

The only tickets I feel are over priced are Daytona.

Nascar giving out shocks Atlanta 2010. Teams pushed the cars out, installed them and pushed the cars back to the garage.
Shocks2010-098.jpg

Let the stage yellow be the competition
my ticket for the whole weekend for the Glen was 125. 3 races and first two days you can sit wherever you want. It’s not rocket science
But, just try to go to the Glen for a Saturday only race and what does that cost? I tried and walked away from the gate. I think it was $90 or more...

I usually sit start finish line at every track I go to for a lil over a hundred bucks
Depends on the track. This weekends bristol race has tickets infront of SF line starting at $164 each. Later races range from $105-$130 each.

Compare that to an NFL game months away not near the 50 yard line in the upperdeck, close to $300 each.

Depends on the track. This weekends bristol race has tickets infront of SF line starting at $164 each. Later races range from $105-$130 each.

Compare that to an NFL game months away not near the 50 yard line in the upperdeck, close to $300 each.
That’s what I’m saying bro it’s cheap asf lol.. I always sit start finish line is what I’m saying

You’re also comparing a sport with thousands of followers of certain teams in multiple cities to that of a traveling national series

You’re also comparing a sport with thousands of followers of certain teams in multiple cities to that of a traveling national series
Also comparing a sport with stadiums that are fully modernized and are mostly a consumer focused experience.

Back
Top Bottom